Anyone missing their Type S badge?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2001 | 12:11 PM
A-CL Official BMW Troll

Anyone missing their Type S badge?

I hate seeing stuff like this! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...818504&r=0&t=0

I love this part : "Put it on your CL or TL to make it look like a Type S or on a Prelude!" This guy seems like he stole it when he says this: "I got it off a wrecked CL at a junk yard"

I haven't seen any accords or cl's or tl's w/em. How about you guys?

------------------
2001 BLK/ebony CL-S w/NAV (waiting for delivery)
Old 06-02-2001 | 12:37 PM
Racer

Some things NEVER change. When I was in high school, the big rage for morons was stealing the "hi-po" 289 emblem off of Mustangs and putting them in place of their lo-po 289, or worse yet on the fender of their anemic 6 cylinder Mustang. Oh, stealing 409 emblems off Chevys was the shit too......often winding up on 6 cyl. Biscayne coupes. Should we contact this e-bay type s guy??

------------------
CL-S PDG, TR Typhoon Wheels, Comptech Sways, Solaris 9005, guards, nose mask, V-1 & remote.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...493&p=31386570
Old 06-02-2001 | 12:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah that guys a theif! But I do see S badges on about 1/4 of the Cls I've seen, most are ist gen herer though, never seen a ricer with one on a car that doesn't even have an S model

------------------
_ _____________________ _
'01 Black CL S, Spoiler, Tint,Comptech Headers, Sways, Exhaust& Springs, AEM CAI w/ Bypass,Denso Iridium Plugs
Old 06-02-2001 | 12:45 PM
Banned

Hahah people are funny. I love going to car meets and seeing cars with all these stickers and shit, it just makes me laugh cause they think there cars the shit now.

------------------
- 2001 Cl-S Silver/Ebony
- Comptech Headers
- Comptech Exhaust
- Comptech Air Filter
- Comptech Sway Bars
- Comptech Springs
- Koni Shocks
- Alpine IVA-C800
- Alpine NVE-N852A
- MB Quart Highs
- 2 JL 10"
- MV DVD Player
- 20% Llumar Charcoal Tint
- PIAA 19224 Road Lamps
- Solaris 9005 High Beams
Old 06-02-2001 | 12:59 PM
Back to Four Doors

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CarFreak:

I love this part : "Put it on your CL or TL to make it look like a Type S or on a Prelude!" This guy seems like he stole it when he says this: "I got it off a wrecked CL at a junk yard"
</font>
Yeah, got it off a wrecked CL my ass. My TypeS emblem was jacked 2 weeks ago from the local parking garage. My CL ain't wrecked ...

------------------
Rex -
'01 CL Type S - Satin Silver, Navi, BBS RK, Comptech Sways coming soon
Lic: THX CBOE
Old 06-02-2001 | 03:46 PM
Intermediate

Maybe the ebay guy jacked it off my car a few wknds ago when I was parked in Chitown, LA

------------------
Bone Stock (except for the scratched rims:-)) CL-S
Silver/Ebony
Navi
De-badged
Old 06-02-2001 | 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

There are 20 bids on that thing now!

Every time I parked my car in public for an extended period of time, I'd double-check that emblem was still there when I returned. After I saw 4pumpedCL's and GoldTypeS' debadged rear in person, I realized that was the way to go. Obviously, no worries now. Plus it looks cleaner. It's interesting to see people look all around the rear and then the sides trying to figure out what model of car it is.

As bc01cls mentioned, this phenomenon isn't unique to the Type S; same thing happened to the 5.0 emblems on old Mustangs (which is really bad since only the 4 and 6 cylinder cars didn't have them). A long time ago, a friend put a newer TPI emblem (or something like that) on his older Z-28 Camaro. When he finally traded the car in, even the dealer didn't realize what had been done and thought it was some unique version of the car. Lame stuff...

------------------
'01 Blk/Blk CL-S, H&R OE Sport springs

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now... only much, much better."
Old 06-02-2001 | 08:05 PM
Adult Supervision

I debadged last weekend and LOVE the way it looks. It is now very symmetrical. It looks better - even the wife agreed which is pretty wacky that she would even notice.

I skipped the hairdryer and poured a pot of boiling water across it and then flossed it off. Piece of pie.

Do it Do it Do it!

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no CAI, no money! (but I got a nice new kitchen!)
Old 06-02-2001 | 11:49 PM
Back to Four Doors

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tinman:
There are 20 bids on that thing now!
</font>
Just emailed the seller of the Type S emblem asking how he came to owning the thing. Check it out ... eBay Item # 591853071

------------------
Rex -
'01 CL Type S - Satin Silver, Navi, BBS RK, Comptech Sways coming soon
Lic: THX CBOE
Old 06-03-2001 | 01:49 AM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lead_sled_dog:
Just emailed the seller of the Type S emblem asking how he came to owning the thing. Check it out ... eBay Item # 591853071
</font>
Hey Rex,

You know what the response will be though: "My mom just got a TL-S and she didn't like the way that emblem looked" or "I guess I was lucky cause I was just walking along and found it laying on the sidewalk". Too bad we can't stop eBay from selling them cause with the prices they're going for, people are going to want to continue selling them.

------------------
'01 Blk/Blk CL-S, H&R OE Sport springs

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now... only much, much better."