Anyone know a good detailer in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 04:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know a good detailer in DFW?

With the summer coming up I may save myself the frustration of not being able to avoid waterspots on my black CLS from the nice hot sun. Washing before or after sunrise/sunset may not be an option so I'm considering using a detailer. Does anyone know of a good one in Dallas?

Mods - please wait a little before moving this to 'Detailing' so I can get a little exposure.

------------------
Black/Parch '01 CL-S no-navi, Spoiler, Visor, 35% tint, wheel locks, PIAA19169 fog lights.
Old 05-01-2001, 04:51 PM
Banned

I have been asking myself that same question. I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone, either on the forum or from people I know.

Welcome back, btw!

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI
Old 05-01-2001, 04:56 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by avengerjr:
I have been asking myself that same question. I haven't been able to get an answer from anyone, either on the forum or from people I know.

Welcome back, btw!

</font>
hey, thanks man. i've been busy at work recently so have become the estranged member. i used yahoo yellow pages and there are like 70 detailers listed. but i want the BEST one. btw, how's the CAI?

------------------
Black/Parch '01 CL-S no-navi, Spoiler, Visor, 35% tint, wheel locks, PIAA19169 fog lights.
Old 05-01-2001, 04:56 PM
ACME sucks!

Welcome back, btw!

</font>
I have no clue. I detail the car myself. It's a pain, but I know it will be done right.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi/No Spoiler
Competch springs
35% tint
PIAA 19169 bulbs
K&N 33-2178 air filter

The Aviation Zone
Old 05-01-2001, 05:01 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by P-Man:
hey, thanks man. i've been busy at work recently so have become the estranged member. i used yahoo yellow pages and there are like 70 detailers listed. but i want the BEST one. btw, how's the CAI?

</font>
I have done the same. Don't know about that.

The CAI is great! Better sound, better power, better gas mileage, woo hoo!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeN:
I have no clue. I detail the car myself. It's a pain, but I know it will be done right.

</font>
I detail mine too. I did it the day after the last meet, and haven't had time since. At least it hasn't rained too much lately. I am going to wash it this weekend and clean it up a bit.

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI
Old 05-01-2001, 05:35 PM
ACME sucks!

I detail mine too. I did it the day after the last meet, and haven't had time since. At least it hasn't rained too much lately. I am going to wash it this weekend and clean it up a bit.

</font>
Yeh, I washed mine on Sunday and the sprinklers got it last night!

When are you getting the springs?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi/No Spoiler
Competch springs
35% tint
PIAA 19169 bulbs
K&N 33-2178 air filter

The Aviation Zone
Old 05-01-2001, 05:40 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeN:
Yeh, I washed mine on Sunday and the sprinklers got it last night!

When are you getting the springs?

</font>
Whenever I get the extra $$$ to spend on them. I am trying to figure out what to do with my money right now. I want to save it for the house, but I also want to get stuff for my car, ie springs, exhaust, and headers(in the far future)

------------------
avengerjr
Old 05-01-2001, 06:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Exactly what level of detail are you looking for? I use the Ultra Carwash on Beltline and Marsh in Carrolton. I know about rims scratching and so do they; The tire runner is now plastic PCB and the manager will replace any wheel scratched. The brushes are shammy and the last guy does a pretty good job of inside cleaning. All for $ 9.00 bucks. If you want more people polishing your car it's extra. It's an older place I've been going to for 15 years. I've tried others but they just don't clean the inside like this place does. I then take it home for a coat of wax a couple times a year. My car stays outside so I can't be real particular because it get dirty by the next morning. I know; Lets all meet at the carwash
Old 05-01-2001, 06:03 PM
Racer

Whenever I get the extra $$$ to spend on them. I am trying to figure out what to do with my money right now. I want to save it for the house, but I also want to get stuff for my car, ie springs, exhaust, and headers(in the far future)

</font>

------------------
Old 05-01-2001, 06:06 PM
Racer

</font>
let's try this again! the group buy price on the springs looks pretty darn good - i'm considering those myself now. maybe if we all get them we can get a group buy installation discount at david mcdavid. yeah right!!

------------------
Old 05-01-2001, 06:07 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fender4:
Exactly what level of detail are you looking for? I use the Ultra Carwash on Beltline and Marsh in Carrolton. I know about rims scratching and so do they; The tire runner is now plastic PCB and the manager will replace any wheel scratched. The brushes are shammy and the last guy does a pretty good job of inside cleaning. All for $ 9.00 bucks. If you want more people polishing your car it's extra. It's an older place I've been going to for 15 years. I've tried others but they just don't clean the inside like this place does. I then take it home for a coat of wax a couple times a year. My car stays outside so I can't be real particular because it get dirty by the next morning. I know; Lets all meet at the carwash </font>
i'm looking for the level where it's just one guy working on your car by hand. know anybody?

------------------
Old 05-01-2001, 06:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

i'm looking for the level where it's just one guy working on your car by hand. know anybody?
</font>
Now that I think about it there is a Exxon station on MaCarther in Valley Ranch. They cater to the Cowboy football players cars. On the side of the station they have a guy that details. Might try calling them first I haven't been down there in a while. (?) And I think it's the Exxon. They must do a good job because the cars there cost more than my house.

Old 05-01-2001, 07:01 PM
hater

Does anyone know of a good one in Dallas?</font>
Me!!! I'm a detailing GOD and can teach you to care for your paint if you make the time. A car is much like a woman, you have to make time for her. I'll usually do a complete detail (wash, wax, interior) during the week, late at night, getting started around 9 p.m. and finishing about 11-11:30. Detailing is my therapy so I don't mind putting in the effort at all.

If you're interested you can join me next time I wash my car in Frisco at the Kwik Kar on Preston. That goes for everyone in Frisco/Plano as well.

------------------
'01 CL-S|Sundance Gold|Spoiler|35% Tint|Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17
a study in pimp daddy gold
Old 05-01-2001, 08:24 PM
7th Gear

Oasis on Preston in North Dallas is really good. Waterworks on Legacy and Independence in Plano is a solid as well. Waterworks is slightly less pricey.
Old 05-02-2001, 11:18 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IwantAcl:
Oasis on Preston in North Dallas is really good. Waterworks on Legacy and Independence in Plano is a solid as well. Waterworks is slightly less pricey.</font>
do you live in plano? i'm right around the legacy/independence area - off mission ridge in forest creek estates.

------------------