Anyone for cooked DOG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001, 07:08 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone for cooked DOG?

Talk about an unfortunate situation....

The other night I'm driving downtown on 270 and all of a sudden in my lane I see a big, mass of grey fur, bloody flesh and bone (sorry about being so graphic, but it gets worse!).

Well, there is nowhere for me to go with cars on both sides, so the girls I'm with brace themselves for the hit and BOOOOM! I felt the hit in the steering wheel and felt the carcass go under the car. To this day I'm not sure what the hell it was that I ran over. Honestly, from what it looked like I would have thought it was like a warthog, or a yeti or something. I guess now I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that it was probably a big sheepdog or something.

So, almost immediately I start smelling something a little funny and by the time we get to the people's house we are meeting at it starts to smell like popcorn/bacon!!!

So, next day I drop my girlfriend off at her house, both of our stomachs feeling a bit sour from the night before, and by the time she gets out I smell that bacon smell again and gag about twice over! Oh, it's bad.

I take it to the carwash to hit it with the pressure washer and I feel dirty, like I hit somebody last night and I'm trying to get rid of the evidence.

Long story short, there's blood all over the wheel wells and on the running boards. Friggin fur chunks on the mudflaps along with carcass, and a big ass chunk of meat cooking on the cat-converter!!! I hit the chunk of meat on the cat for about 2 minutes straight and it wouldn't budge. The whole time, mind you, chunks of flesh and fur are being washed out from under the car into the carwash bay. And the car still stinks. It took me about 45 minutes to go 5 miles from thecarwash state b/c I didn't want to stop anywhere.
And, I will never eat bacon again after that smell!

So, now I drive the meat mobile and I'm not very happy about it. At least nothing was ripped off the bottom of the car, so that was a good thing.

Arghhhhh!
Old 10-21-2001, 07:21 AM
Old timer

So, uh, who were these women you were with (besides the girlfriend of course)?

And I -was- having bacon with eggs for breakfast. I think the bacon just left the menu.

-J
Old 10-21-2001, 11:22 AM
Suzuka Master

OMG man i can 'smell' the shit from just reading your story. first your story was disgusting but towards the end funny as shit 'meat mobile' and 'Long story short, there's blood all over the wheel wells and on the running boards. Friggin fur chunks on the mudflaps along with carcass, and a big ass chunk of meat cooking on the cat-converter!!! I hit the chunk of meat on the cat for about 2 minutes straight and it wouldn't budge. The whole time, mind you, chunks of flesh and fur are being washed out from under the car into the carwash bay. '

any one?
Old 10-23-2001, 01:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Well..

JZ,
I feel for you man, and if it helps any think of it this way, at least your not the 'meat' that was wrapped around a guardrail because you swerved to avoid the dog.

Oh man, forget it That pictures just keeps going and going through my head
Old 10-23-2001, 12:20 PM
Banned

I'm having cereal for breakfeast from now on... I hit a groundhog and it stuck to the back wheel... It felt like I had a flat. There was this du-du-du-du... I got to work and I used a hose to blast it off. Blech!
Old 10-23-2001, 10:29 PM
Resident DJ

There are STILL pieces of that thing around!

I drive to Herndon, VA from Rockville, MD every weekday. For the past two days, I have seen these big chunks of hairy flesh lying here and there on the highway. I'm pretty sure it was a deer that you hit. I don't know if a big herd of deer was travelling out of Potomac or something, but on Monday I saw even more carcasses farther down on 495. They were not as smeared as the one(s) on 270, so I could tell they were definitely deer.

Sorry about your ride! I hope you can get out all the bits and pieces. ugh!

At least you're not the one who is one with the Interstate...
Old 10-23-2001, 10:58 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
just tonight there were warnings on the local news after 8 crashes with deer this week...
Old 10-23-2001, 10:59 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Those dear scare the living shit out of me....

Old 10-23-2001, 11:20 PM
Old timer

Re: There are STILL pieces of that thing around!

Originally posted by skyeflye
I drive to Herndon, VA from Rockville, MD every weekday. For the past two days, I have seen these big chunks of hairy flesh lying here and there on the highway. I'm pretty sure it was a deer that you hit. I don't know if a big herd of deer was travelling out of Potomac or something, but on Monday I saw even more carcasses farther down on 495. They were not as smeared as the one(s) on 270, so I could tell they were definitely deer.

Sorry about your ride! I hope you can get out all the bits and pieces. ugh!

At least you're not the one who is one with the Interstate...
Dude! Your website is awesome!

Btw, what kinda CL you drive?

I am in Rockville area a lot. Heck I work right off the 'pike on Fridays.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:35 PM
- daemonichris -

oh shit... that's so gross!!!

Old 10-23-2001, 11:51 PM
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Deer season has got to be one of the worst times. Thankfully I'm not driving thirty minutes to work everyday on a highway know for tons of deer. Just remember, try not to swerve away from the deer if you can help it. It normally just makes the situation worse.
Old 10-24-2001, 03:30 AM
Instructor

I feel ya man on hitting something rather large. About 5 years ago, I was driving my friend home and I was on the freeway doing about 60-70 in the far right lane behind a smaller car in my 4Runner. Well, suddenly, the car in front proceeds to swerve, but no such luck, as it basically made it worse by directly hitting whatever it was. Well, it comes spinning out the back end of the car and I can clearly see it's a messed up dead german shephard. I had no where to go, part of because I was following the car by about 40 feet or more and wasn't about to swerve in a nother lane, but I did swerve a tad to try to avoid, which I just ended up gettin a double boom boom instead. Well, when I got home, I somehow had blood splattered all over the windshield, hood, brushguards, front end, as well as my front license plate (probably from the first car), and I had pieces of flesh and guts in the wheelwheels.

One of the most disturbing things I have ever witnessed and taken part of, and I always get chills when I see dogs ripped in half on the freeways and basically inside out.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:04 AM
Resident DJ

Thanks man! I haven't updated my site in awhile, I need to upload some newer music. The stuff I have up there now is getting old.

I just drive a stock (except for Polarg Road Lamps), Silver, 2001, 3.2 Type-S.

How about you? I've probably seen you around...