Anyone in Canada, Please help. Well, pretty much anyone buying on the web.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Got BOOST????

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in Canada, Please help. Well, pretty much anyone buying on the web.

Well, i just got ripped off. Bought a Head for my Eagle Talon TSI of this guy claming to be a Slowboyracing head. Normaly $1500 bucks. He wanted 800. He said it was used for 1000 miles so i expected to have some carbon on it. I get the thing and one cylinder looks like it was toasted. There's a broken bolt to hold on the fuel rail. I'm like WTF It's also supposed to have 8 hours of port work. This has NONE. Here's a link to show what's it supposed to have. http://www.slowboyracing.com/Race%20...eads/head.html

I call him up to speak to him and he's like "what the problem" I'm like This is not a slowboyhead, Stage 3. He's said " How do u know that?" I said just looking at the freaking thing. I mean, 8 hours of port work on aluminum is a lot!!!!!! He says it is ported
He said slowboy is know for their shitty porting job. I just bought a turbo from them a month ago, and the shit had a mirror finish. Gasket matched and everything. This head ain't even close.

He's like what do u want me to tell you. I'm like send me back my $$, and i'll pay to ship it back to you. He said no. It is what i explained it to be. Anyway. I would def recomened anyone buying anthing big and expencive, to use escrow account. I know it's a little late, but for anyone else. Anyway. If anyone can get some info on this MOFO, his name is

Kris Balanecki
#98 52312 RR 220
Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada
t8e1c5

That's the address on the box. I don't know if it's bs or what.
But, i got his home # and celly #.

I'm not looking for anyone to Fuck this guy up, i just want some info. If i have to , i'll drive 2500 miles and stick this head though his winsheild, and then though his face. I guess i'm pretty much out 1000 bucks. I spoke to paypal already, but they don't want to hear it. As long as i got the package, they say there's no case.

Thanks for the space boys.

Brandon :angry:
Old 12-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Got BOOST????

He's a good link for online transactions. From the DSM site i'm on. I guess i should have listened.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/show...&threadid=6709
Old 12-05-2003, 05:01 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

That's a little far for me...probably at least a half day's drive. Hopefully, one of the Alberta members will volunteer.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Got BOOST????

is that even an address? Looks funny to me. I guess cause i'm from the USA.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:17 PM

Call the company that supposedly did the port job, explain the situation to them show the a picture of what you received. Ask them if that is their "work" . If not call guy back and tell him you will pursue legal action if he doesnt refund the money. Did he send it the the postal system or UPS.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Got BOOST????

Originally posted by CLUofI
Call the company that supposedly did the port job, explain the situation to them show the a picture of what you received. Ask them if that is their "work" . If not call guy back and tell him you will pursue legal action if he doesnt refund the money. Did he send it the the postal system or UPS.
Yea, i tried calling the company, they were closed. He sent it DHL.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:58 AM
It's Go-Time.

Sherwood Park is just north of Edmonton - that's about 15hrs away from Vancouver. I feel your pain, good luck.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:22 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well what i'd do is choice of 2 things
#1. if you don't have time and money to drive to canada to see this joker keep calling him 2-3 times a day. He should finally say hell with it and say I'll give you your cashback if you send the head back(which is fair in my opinion).
#2. if you have the time and money to drive to canada to see the joker. go to his place of business with the head and turbo show him a comparision. and say look i'm not happy with your product now either do it right or i want my money back.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Advanced

hmmmm. i'm going to edmonton on friday. but what you want me to do to him?
Old 12-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

have you paid with credit card on paypal?
Dispute the freakin charge and send it back.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by nitehawk
hmmmm. i'm going to edmonton on friday. but what you want me to do to him?
I'd say take pics of his car and house etc... So he knows people are around.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:22 AM
Advanced

i can do that. anything elsE? leave a notice in his mailbox?
Old 12-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Got BOOST????

well, i used paypal though my bank account. I'm prob gonna sue him. I'm gonna sue him for like 2 g's. I only paid 1 g for the head. I'm gonna send out the head to the company that suposidly built it and get a afitdavid that they didn't make it so i can use it as evidence. The afitdavid will prove that he lied about the head. Any lawyers on here? how would i go about doing it? Sueing, that is? Would i have to go to canada? or would he have to come here. I might call him and tell him i'm gonna sue him and i got the afitdavid showing that what he stated about the head was wrong. Maybe he'll think twice about sending the money back. I just want my money back, and i'll send back the head. Thanks boys.

Originally posted by nitehawk
i can do that. anything elsE? leave a notice in his mailbox?
I don't even know if that's his address. Cause he just moved. I have both his phone #'s though. Celly and house. His sister or mother gave me his celly # . No notes or anything. Just what type of cars and licence plate #'s would be great. I'm not looking to fuck this guy up just yet. I really appreciatte you help boys.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Forget the suing for more money. Just sue for what you are out for... More chance of getting your money back.