Any good Acura Service Department in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any good Acura Service Department in SoCal?

I had the worst experience at South Coast Acura service today. I was just wondering if there's an alternative. Post "the good" and "the bad" and "ugly"...

--Paid $92 bucks for: "Sir, you rear view mirror is going to cost you $288 to replace and no it's not under warranty...", the car wash wasn't that great and they forgot to vacuum my car. =(

My response: WTF, I'll just buy an aftermarket clip on for $20 Thank You very much.... Geez

Old 08-17-2006, 09:05 PM
That's Racist

i've heard acura of glendale is great.

i've never had a problem with Cush Acura; but they're in San Diego.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Know a great independent in Covina, but it does not sound like you are in that area.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep

i've never had a problem with Cush Acura; but they're in San Diego.
Which Cush Acura do you go to?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Advanced

AoG

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep

I primarilly goto Acura of Glendale... They are consistently slow and expensive, but I've never had any problems with the work done there.

For example... Last time I was in for the $32 "express oil change" it took almost 2.5 hours (an hour longer than they initally quoted) This is *just* an oil change-- rotate the tires? sorry, that'll be $30 more... Top off the fluids? nope, you need to get the $90 service.

Jiffy lube does the $90 service for $19.95 AND in 20 minutes. I know I know, you get what you pay for, but AoG is WAY out in left field in time and service cost-- but hey, you do get all the cookies and drinks you want in the waiting lobby If it weren't for still being under factory warranty, I'd be using an independent.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:22 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by Grayson
Which Cush Acura do you go to?
didn't realize there were multiple ones; but i went to the one off of the 163 in the clairmont area.

they did however tell me back in 2004 that "this whole transmission thing is an internet hoax".

lol.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:34 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by leroix
I primarilly goto Acura of Glendale... They are consistently slow and expensive, but I've never had any problems with the work done there.

For example... Last time I was in for the $32 "express oil change" it took almost 2.5 hours (an hour longer than they initally quoted) This is *just* an oil change-- rotate the tires? sorry, that'll be $30 more... Top off the fluids? nope, you need to get the $90 service.

Jiffy lube does the $90 service for $19.95 AND in 20 minutes. I know I know, you get what you pay for, but AoG is WAY out in left field in time and service cost-- but hey, you do get all the cookies and drinks you want in the waiting lobby If it weren't for still being under factory warranty, I'd be using an independent.
While agree some Acura Service can take longer but they use synthetic blend instead of the regular oil that you get at jiffy lube and jiffy lube starts at $29.95 not $19.95 and even if it were that low thats just regular oil not synthetic blend that the dealers use. Jiffy lube has high turn over in the techs that work for them so you are rolling the dice when you take your car to them. Its better to find a reliable independent than to use any of the oil change places.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Intermediate

Well since we're talking about service shops... I'll hijack this thread a bit and ask if anyone knows of a good independent here in San Diego that's not too expensive. My warranty just ran out on my '02 CL-S.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:45 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Tustin Acura is alrite- it just kinda buggs cuz almost everytime I go there they keep asking me questions about my car and what mods I have done to it rather than wondering why the hell I'm even stopping by to begin with. It gets quite annoying since I've talked to the same people multiple times.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:17 AM
shift@8k

acura of glendale ftw. ask for wahndee tell him some nut with a blue cl sent u he'll take care of u
Old 08-19-2006, 11:16 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Grayson
Well since we're talking about service shops... I'll hijack this thread a bit and ask if anyone knows of a good independent here in San Diego that's not too expensive. My warranty just ran out on my '02 CL-S.
which dealer do you normally take her to(what part of SD are you from)? i just take mine into Ball Acura on the Mile of Cars. they do a decent enough job.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
Originally Posted by shinybluecls
acura of glendale ftw. ask for wahndee tell him some nut with a blue cl sent u he'll take care of u
damn thats far, will he help for first gens too?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:03 PM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brianlin87
Tustin Acura is alrite- it just kinda buggs cuz almost everytime I go there they keep asking me questions about my car and what mods I have done to it rather than wondering why the hell I'm even stopping by to begin with. It gets quite annoying since I've talked to the same people multiple times.
I bring my car to Tustin Acura for services eversince I bought the car there, and have no issues or problems with the service. Service is pretty quick and pretty good. They are cool about the mods and actually refund/ no charge for replacement air filter when doing oil change since I have Icebox even I did not tell them first hand.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
which dealer do you normally take her to(what part of SD are you from)? i just take mine into Ball Acura on the Mile of Cars. they do a decent enough job.
Since I like up in North County SD (San Marcos), I usually take mine to Cush Acura of Escondido. They do a good enough job. My seat had this squeak that I was able to just sneak in under my warranty. Took them a couple of tries but they got it done. And they don't charge for a courtesy car unlike Hoehn Acura (Carlsbad). Hoehn charged me $10 for a courtesy car. I paid cuz I needed one, but ever since I've never gone back and never will. WTF, paid ~$30k and you wanna charge me for a courtesy car. Acura is supposed to be a luxury brand and you wanna charge for a courtesy car.... fug that dealership.