Alphawerks = Automotoring = ebay seller? SCAM ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
How can you know if the item is deffective without installing it and running exhaust through it? I bought mine thinking warranty will cover any defects on my AWs. After installing I took it for a test drive and noticed there was resonance right away. Talked to Excelerate and there was nothing he could do about it...
Old 12-02-2005, 09:10 PM
ny'r residing in maine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People like you need help. Think before you speak. GROW UP. If there is a problem contact us. Also let me ask you something how did alphawerks make more power than obx, and megans?
The fact that you have the audacity to come on here and be accusatory and condescending is evidence of your lack of business competence or comprehension. It is very well known on this board that your product is well below what one would call a quality product or even up to acceptable industry standards. To amplify the situation your company's customer service is horrendous. Instead of attempting to remedy the situation you decide to come on here to what, antagonize and agitate already pissed of customers? One would think that, in order to satisfy customers, you know the ones that keep you in business, you would at least try and rectify the wrong doing in some manner. You didn't even address the threat of legal action except for saying that this customer needs help, WOW. It seems that you have insulated your company in order to scam people. People have called and emailed with no response. Not only are you jepordizing your reputation, which is fine if that's your perogative, but you put businesses like excelerate in a f'd up position. Have some integrity and at least let these customers know where they stand instead of being evasive and portraying yourself as helpless in this situation. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful facets of advertising and trust me, word of your crappy product has spread across several forums and enthusiast groups. I don't think a lawsuit will put you out of business b/c you are a fine job of that yourself.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
5# Alphawerks does warranty there products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe they do, but they sure make it difficult...

i too am somewhat of a victim,
-header gaskets DID NOT FIT
-allignment JUST BARELY FIT
-had to buy custom gaskets to fit
-spoke with Carlos at nexus and was given THE RUN AROUND

cliff notes: DID NOT FIT/JUST BARELY FIT/RUN AROUND/
opinion = 2 x
Old 12-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered Big Dog

People like you need help. Think before you speak. GROW UP. If there is a problem contact us. Also let me ask you something how did alphawerks make more power than obx, and megans?
i suggest you do a few things:

1. Try to be just a witness
2. Report to your boss the situation @ hand and the discussion of a possible class action suit.
3. Have a nice day
Old 12-03-2005, 01:54 AM
09 TL SH-AWD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nexus Industry reps told me that because they've already "machined" my headers they will not warranty again. I asked them if they refuse to deal with the issue and they responded "no, you can return them with 25% restocking fee". And when I asked them who exactly do I return the headers to... seller (who won't take it back due to being used) or manufacturer, they have not responded since. I am going to try to deal with them through BBB and see what happens.

Did anyone notice they have an ISO 9001 logo on their website? I think I don't have to explain what that means, right? And the address on their website is also non existent. Looks very fishy to me...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CLean B
maybe they do, but they sure make it difficult...

i too am somewhat of a victim,
-header gaskets DID NOT FIT
-allignment JUST BARELY FIT
-had to buy custom gaskets to fit
-spoke with Carlos at nexus and was given THE RUN AROUND

cliff notes: DID NOT FIT/JUST BARELY FIT/RUN AROUND/
opinion = 2 x
In the process of installing my headers, my mechanic called me and told me my headers were not fitting right. He told me he could force them to fit and i told him to go for it. I didnt feel like paying for the installation twice and waiting god knows how long to get my new set of headers shipped to me.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:38 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yikes...what a downer. Good luck to all you 2nd gen's - these alphawerks headers look like cat poop.

I will not eat cat poop!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:13 AM
09 TL SH-AWD

this shitty experience with the AW headers comletely turned me off in terms of modding my car. I wish I woudn't even buy the stupid icebox in the first place, which without headers neither gives any power or increase in mpg. what a fucking waste...
Old 12-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by juruki
How can you know if the item is deffective without installing it and running exhaust through it? I bought mine thinking warranty will cover any defects on my AWs. After installing I took it for a test drive and noticed there was resonance right away. Talked to Excelerate and there was nothing he could do about it...

DUDE thats the EXACT problem i had! man what a bunch of shit.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by belcom
Nexus Industry reps told me that because they've already "machined" my headers they will not warranty again. I asked them if they refuse to deal with the issue and they responded "no, you can return them with 25% restocking fee". And when I asked them who exactly do I return the headers to... seller (who won't take it back due to being used) or manufacturer, they have not responded since. I am going to try to deal with them through BBB and see what happens.

Did anyone notice they have an ISO 9001 logo on their website? I think I don't have to explain what that means, right? And the address on their website is also non existent. Looks very fishy to me...

man so many people are pissed about this like me. these things are just sitting in my garage cuz theres nothing i can do with them.. and whoever it was who is really responsible for the scam is smiling with a wad of cash in his pocket.. man this really sucks i was expecting to have 30 extra hp and have a nice exhaust tone.. i was so excited when i installed them but instantly got super pissed after i drove it and heard the sound they made. Not to mention they BARLEY fit when i first put them on and its not cuz i didnt do it right or whatever cuz when i put the sock ones back on it bolted right back up in about 45 min to an hour. I WANT MY 400 BUCKS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts
Megan, Alphaworks, OBX, or whatever other knockoffs that people copied off Comptech simply can't compare. Those of you who got those and have problems should have learned a good lesson. Those who got lucky, that's good. People save up and get Comptechs for a reason because it's reliable, it's CARB legal, and it's problem free. You spent $350 for a hunk of metal that doesn't work and you spend lots of time calling, complaining, and trying to sue. Is it worth that ultra cheap price? It looks to me that these people aren't willing to stand behind their product and you should not waste your time and money on them as well. You all have heard horror stories. Really, you get quality and reliability with Comptech, it's proven.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered Big Dog

^^^comptech representative ^^^^
Old 12-11-2005, 08:27 PM
All go, no show

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...61#post1346061
Old 12-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I just read the thread and I must say that even though I'm not directly involved, I am enraged by AW's lack of responsibility and customer service.

The only person who is basically representing AW (Nexus... I don't know what he exactly does, but I'm going to assume he's connected with AW in one way or another) is busy accusing and antagonizing the customers who are stuck with defective products.

And they won't take them back, because exhaust gas has been run through? Hello? It doesn't take a genius to think about this. Hmm, well, what do we have here? Oh, wow, exhaust products. I wonder if they work fine. But if I dare test it out, then the warranty is void... what to do, what to do.

AW's warranty policy is a total fucking joke. Following the same logic, all of our cars' warranties would be voided as soon as we drive them off the lot because we drove the damn things.

This sort of shit bugs me to no end, especially when the other party is avoiding responsibility, and not only that, pissing on the customers. Congratulations, I've never even had a chance to become a customer of yours, but you've already me an enemy. There is no doubt that I will be spreading the word. You do NOT fuck over a community of people.

Here's the scary part... I wonder how many others are out there, ones who are not on AZ... and ones with different cars.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Comptech Freak

LOL well said Rob, thank God i am using Comptech, you pay the price but it worths it down the road, why go cheap when u drive a TL?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:44 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Originally Posted by samkws
LOL well said Rob, thank God i am using Comptech, you pay the price but it worths it down the road, why go cheap when u drive a TL?

Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 AM
All go, no show

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
I just read the thread and I must say that even though I'm not directly involved, I am enraged by AW's lack of responsibility and customer service.

The only person who is basically representing AW (Nexus... I don't know what he exactly does, but I'm going to assume he's connected with AW in one way or another) is busy accusing and antagonizing the customers who are stuck with defective products.

And they won't take them back, because exhaust gas has been run through? Hello? It doesn't take a genius to think about this. Hmm, well, what do we have here? Oh, wow, exhaust products. I wonder if they work fine. But if I dare test it out, then the warranty is void... what to do, what to do.

AW's warranty policy is a total fucking joke. Following the same logic, all of our cars' warranties would be voided as soon as we drive them off the lot because we drove the damn things.

This sort of shit bugs me to no end, especially when the other party is avoiding responsibility, and not only that, pissing on the customers. Congratulations, I've never even had a chance to become a customer of yours, but you've already me an enemy. There is no doubt that I will be spreading the word. You do NOT fuck over a community of people.

Here's the scary part... I wonder how many others are out there, ones who are not on AZ... and ones with different cars.
Point of clarification: Excelerate would not take them back. I sent them to him, and he said he couldn't give me a refund because supposedly exhaust had been run thru them. AW won't work with me at all.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:17 AM
09 TL SH-AWD

PenguinQX, you too man? I am trying to file a BBB complaint and I suggest you try the same. If there's enough of us BBB will shake them up for us and get this resolved.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by PenguinQX
Point of clarification: Excelerate would not take them back. I sent them to him, and he said he couldn't give me a refund because supposedly exhaust had been run thru them. AW won't work with me at all.
Ok. I am going to repeat this statement, which I have uttered a few times before and I have tried to act in good faith and as a good businessman. I was not aware that Alpha Werks headers had a defect when I sold them. When I became aware of it, I stopped selling the headers and allowed anyone who wanted to return the headers for a full refund to do so, as long as they had not run exhaust through the headers. If you had used the headers and run exhaust through them, then we began the warranty process with Alpha Werks.

Now to PenguinQX, there was exhaust run through your headers. It is clear from your gaskets:

I made it very clear to the Acurazine community that I had no issue with allowing people to return the headers for a full refund as long as they were not used. If you did use them, you were not without options. You could then have warranty work done through Alpha Werks. I have been in contact with Alpha Werks every week trying to help facilitate the process for a few members. I have been there to help so please don't besmirch my reputation. If you have an issue with Alpha Werks because of defects and/or their remarks please take it up with them.

Also to belcom, it is amazing how someone like myself can bend over backwards for you to help you out. I reduced shipping charges, other charges, sold you a product at cost, talked to you everyday and with AW and you still try and attack me.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Pres TeamMidnightInvasion

Alright, first you better hope AW is with the BBB or it will do you no good. I doubt AW is with BBB.
Second, I donno about the laws in Cali, but the statute of limitation is short. Accordingly, it's important to persue the case quickly. Moreover, this case seems to have a chance in court. To illustrate, Microsoft currently has a suit against them because a few of their new XBOX systems have had some over heating issues. So a customer is suing them for a defective product. Microsoft response is that the new XBOX system is new technology which has to anticapte problems. Unfortunually, AW sold you a faulty product, and new technology can't be a counter argument. This case shows that you cannot sale counsumers faulty products. Personally, i am not hear to take sides, but so far AW sounds likeit has not responded promperly. Take it to the justice system and have them decide on who should be responsible for the product. I cannot reemphasize this " record all the information: contact dates; people you spoke with; conversations; phone calls; emails; letters; and any information to Excelerate or AW. You need evidence to support your case!!! Also i would look up a JD who pratices "consumer law".
Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 AM
09 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Also to belcom, it is amazing how someone like myself can bend over backwards for you to help you out. I reduced shipping charges, other charges, sold you a product at cost, talked to you everyday and with AW and you still try and attack me.
come on man, stop this shit with bending over and me attacking you. I am not doing anything whatsoever against you and mentioned your name maybe once as you being a seller in the situation before. and that's it. and I am not filing any complaints against you aslo. How exactly am I attacking you?

Also, don't you return the headers that you take back from people to Nexus and get your money back??
Old 12-13-2005, 01:38 AM
09 TL SH-AWD

And Nexus won't warranty or replace the headers by the way. they literally refused to do that for me. How about that? I have no good working product nor my money nor any options.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by belcom
And Nexus won't warranty or replace the headers by the way. they literally refused to do that for me. How about that? I have no good working product nor my money nor any options.

Don't say that Nexus wont warranty your header. We did warranty your header. We sent out a set of headers to be machined. Yes I do know we did take long to get it done, but don't say we did not warranty your header. We shipped you back brand new header!Once you received your header you called me and stated that they worked, but they had some resonance. We can not do anything about resonance.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:25 PM
ny'r residing in maine

It amazes me that you have the balls to continue to post in this thread without some type of apology or suggestion for resolution. Thank god i bought the comptech's.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Excelerate I did mention your name too, but I have nothing bad to say about you. You actually were very helpful. I only have bad things to say about AlphaWerks and their products.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:44 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Don't say that Nexus wont warranty your header. We did warranty your header. We sent out a set of headers to be machined. Yes I do know we did take long to get it done, but don't say we did not warranty your header. We shipped you back brand new header!Once you received your header you called me and stated that they worked, but they had some resonance. We can not do anything about resonance.
yes you did warranty my header. no I did not receive a brand new one (that's a lie). When I asked you guys to send me a new one... you said "Yeah, sure. You'll get the new one." I received the same one that was machined to fit together. that did not resolve any fitting issues on the car. I managed to force it on. the sound I had was not reasonace it was a leak because of the poor fitment. the leak progressed and was becoming worse and worse every day. and then the gasket blew in the back between a-pipe and manifold. exposing my fuel lines to hot exhaust gases (if not even flames). It also smelled like exhaust inside my car from day 1. It was an embarassment to drive my car like this. A week later I couldn't take that shit anymore and put stock pipes back on. Immediately smell stopped, and no loud hissing or any other sounds.

All I want is a good header that doesn't have any warping issues and fits. if you can't replace it then how about a full refund?? What exactly did you expect from your customers when you produced defective products and sold them.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Advanced

Now to PenguinQX, there was exhaust run through your headers. It is clear from your gaskets:

like with my headers that i cant return because i used them also... you can clearly see where the header would be warped or scored, because where there is exhaust leaking there is black carbon on the gasket. and its prally making noise and loosing power like mine thats y everyone wants to return them cuz they have problems.. as shown in the pic these were obviously leaking..
Old 12-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Advanced

Could we add some gaskets to fix the leak problems?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:10 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wahooo12345
Could we add some gaskets to fix the leak problems?
gaskets aren't the problem. poor workmanship from a shotty company is the problem.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by brianlin87
gaskets aren't the problem. poor workmanship from a shotty company is the problem.

I know I am one of the victims.

Will the extra gaskets fix the leak problem?

Any other solution?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 10:50 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No, and no.

Go out and buy comptechs, you get what you pay for.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm Cool

bump just a reminder of how crappy these headers are
Old 04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Bobbydoedoe
bump just a reminder of how crappy these headers are
every time this is brought up I remember how excited I was to order them and running around getting a fucking certified check. little did I know. Would really love to knock the fuck down whoever was involved, I think that would give me a lot of satisfaction for my loss
Old 04-10-2007, 02:31 AM
ALL SHOW AND NO GO

I know a person with these headers. Them seem just as good as Comptech. No resonce no leaks no problems. But i guess there was a bad batch going around ?