Alpha Werks Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Alpha Werks Headers

Unfortunately this latest batch of headers has had some issues with the flanges. Alpha Werks is willing to do warranty work on them and mill the flanges, but if you have not installed the headers in the sense of installing them and having run exhaust through them you may return them without re-stocking fees. So, therefore, anybody who has purchased the Alpha Werks headers from me, Excelerate, and has not actually sent exhaust through the headers can return them with no re-stocking fee. Just send them back.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:50 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Would you know if nexus is back at the office?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by belcom
Would you know if nexus is back at the office?
I am not sure. I don't see them on AIM. They were just hit by a hurricane so they are probably recovering.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:55 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
props to Excelerate

I was one of the folks who bought these headers on the groupbuy and I can say that even though things with the headers didnt work out, Excelerate has done a very fine job in helping me resolve this issue. It's been over a month since I bought them and I still get to return them (unused, of course).

I certainly don't believe Josh had any idea that this batch had warranty issues. After all, I've read the AlphaWerks posts for a couple years now on various websites, including AcuraZine and an Accord V6 site (ring any bells??) and they were supposed to be the top-of-the-line next to Comptech. So he would have no reason to suspect quality problems.

Not every business will step up to the plate like this and offer to make good on another company's mistake. I think Excelerate deserves credit for this and I know I will continue to buy from him when I can.

-jk
Old 10-27-2005, 05:30 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
wow..kinda glad I held off.

Excelerate is cool to handle this correctly.

Let me know when ALL the kinks are worked out.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Advanced

well i put mine on and found out the hard way so thanks to me who gets screwed, all of you guys who havent put them on get your money back. i was just told im screwed and i wont get my money back, and i have no idea where the leaks is coming from because the whole system shows signs of leaks in places. but since i put myu system on and ran it for like 2 hours i have to loose 400 bucks.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by shastsmae
i was just told im screwed and i wont get my money back
No you weren't told you were screwed. If you had started the vehicle, though, I did tell you could not return them. That doesn't mean you don't have any course of action. AW is still doing warranty work on the headers and will machine the flanges for you.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:10 PM
All go, no show

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shouldn't this be posted in the 2nd Gen TL forum as well? I just received my AW headers 2 days ago... They're getting installed today. Hopefully I won't have any problems.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:22 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

well i put mine on and found out the hard way so thanks to me who gets screwed, all of you guys who havent put them on get your money back. i was just told im screwed and i wont get my money back, and i have no idea where the leaks is coming from because the whole system shows signs of leaks in places. but since i put myu system on and ran it for like 2 hours i have to loose 400 bucks.
you and I both my friend, I've lost $550 + 11 hours of my and friend's time. and quite frankly I think they're not gonna do anything about it. they've alredy machined mine and it only made things worse. oh and by the way! my thread misteriously dissapeared, haha nice
Old 10-29-2005, 02:37 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Excelerate
No you weren't told you were screwed. If you had started the vehicle, though, I did tell you could not return them. That doesn't mean you don't have any course of action. AW is still doing warranty work on the headers and will machine the flanges for you.

no i pretty much was screwed. the quality just looked poor and you made it seem like we were getting a good deal on 750 dollar headers and the guy at alphawerks told me basicly he cut the corners and shit to make cheaper headers for us. if i would have known this i would have just bought obx or megans because the quality is what i was looking for. who wouldnt want to buy 750 dollar headers for 385. thats like saying who wants comptechs for 600. and i dont know where the leaks and noises are coming from. most muffler shops said it was the connector pipe that was bad and other shops said it was leaking by the head.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor

no i pretty much was screwed. the quality just looked poor and you made it seem like we were getting a good deal on 750 dollar headers and the guy at alphawerks told me basicly he cut the corners and shit to make cheaper headers for us.
Unfortunately, you have a leak. I didn't screw you. I didn't look at the header and say, oh this is a bad one, let me send it out to shastsmae. The headers were wrapped from the factory and inside a box. The last time I sold the headers there were no issues besides a few case of the 02 bung being placed too close to the tranny. So this batch, all they were supposed to do is move the bung close to the cat side. That was all that was supposed to happen. Now, somehow, the flanges on some of the headers were warped. That is a warranty issue to be taken up with Alpha Werks. But because I wanted to do the right thing I took back any headers that didn't have exhaust run through them and offering a full refund... so you're getting screwed? How about me? Do you think Alpha Werks is going to refund me? I'm going to be stuck with these headers. And I didn't make it seem like anything; I never claimed this was the best deal. All I did was advertise a good price for what I believed to be a good product. I didn't make any outrageous claims. And to be honest I'm not responsible for what AW did or what they told you. Take it up with them.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by belcom
you and I both my friend, I've lost $550 + 11 hours of my and friend's time. and quite frankly I think they're not gonna do anything about it. they've alredy machined mine and it only made things worse. oh and by the way! my thread misteriously dissapeared, haha nice

So now what? Are you going to send them back for more "warranty work"? I've had to send mine back but after more than 3 weeks, they're still not done machining them.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Advanced

excelerate.. aw just tells me to take it up with you cuz your the seller. and i had no idea that corners were cut and these headers are poorer quality than what they should be. they are rough and not the quality i should have gotten.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RooEng
So now what? Are you going to send them back for more "warranty work"? I've had to send mine back but after more than 3 weeks, they're still not done machining them.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:09 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by RooEng
If they will actually want to do more work on the same header then it will be pointless pretty much.

And actually, besides constant loud hissing noise that I get, the car now sounds like it's a rusted out 1985 dodge of some kind (worse than a lawnmower). This is fucking embarrassing And plus every time I start it now, the RPMs drop below normal idle and it almost stalls about 3-4 times before stabilizing. And also I tried to floor it a couple times and I see no improvement. 1k to 5k or 5k to 7k. Feels the same and sounds horrible. what a rip off...

Old 10-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Advanced

ya man we should do somthing about this shit. its redicuals. nobody is having a good expierance with these headers and mine hiss like crazy and you know why... they cuz major cormers with these headers. AW told me they made shitty headers for they group by. and i have proof i talked to him on aim and saved it and he confessed
Old 10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
this is just getting silly.

Josh has stepped up. He's done MORE than enough in attempts to help placate you guys. It's not his fault if you used something and discovered it to be defective, it is between you and the manufacturer. To pass judgement on the middle man, who is taking a personal hit in accepting the unused ones back is just ridiculous.

I'm closing this thread. Those with unused ones, bolted on, or not, send em back to Josh, and he'll take care of you. Otherwise, deal with Alphawerks and judge them as a company, leave Josh and Excelerate out of it.