Acura Pre owned care

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 05:20 PM
wcb
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Pre owned care

Should a used car bought from an Acura dealer that was a certified used car with 37,500 miles have checked?

The reason I ask is my car was bought from certufied used and when I was installing my new stereo I noticed that my cabin air filter had never been changed. Panel was never cut out and when I did change the filters they where packed with pine needles. The funny thing was before I bought the car last July, I complained about the AC not getting to cool and they said the recharged the system and was in spec. Now, that I changed the filters, the AC gets real cool and works great.

The thing that bothers me the most is what else did they not do? I need tires all ready (6000 miles), is that normal. What other service did they not do? The salesmen told me it would be brought current with all recommend services.

What would you do? It has been a year. Should I just blow it off or go after them. What should I except to get/

Thank you,
Bill
Old 07-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Racer

I'd go after them.

It seems to me that most Acura dealers don't give a rats ass about the customers. They act like they care before you buy a car but once the payments are set, they don't wanna hear from you. Especially if you didn't buy it from them.

I'd go after the bastards.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

I agree, get those Acura bastards
Old 07-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

i agree too. I also bought my CL used and it was certified but everything was good except the tires.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:43 PM
wcb
Intermediate

Racer, Where are you in Pa?

What should I do, who should I talk to?
Old 07-26-2004, 09:57 PM
USTHS76

Used Acuras are supposed to go through a comprehensive 150-point(?) check prior to being labeled a CPO. The dealer should've given you a listing of everything that they did to the car. If not, contact Acura USA and see if they can do anything for you. Hopefully, you don't get the run around from them. But, try talking to the dealer first and be as calm as you possibly can. Goodluck!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:45 PM
M to da DZ

Originally Posted by racersky
i agree too. I also bought my CL used and it was certified but everything was good except the tires.
My CPO cls got 2 new tires out of the deal. I was pumped.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:08 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
My experience with a pre-owned Legend Coupe I got from the dealer was the same. The 'inspection' is more a marketing tool IMO. On my certified, 150 point inspected Acura I had a key that would get stuck when trying to turn the car on, headlights way out of adjustment, a SRS light staying on, driver window out of it's guides, a passenger seat that would not slide, plus other things I'm sure I gladly forgot by now. It was ridiculous.
Sure they fixed everything after I pointed it all out. So much for a thorough 150 point pre-inspection.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Racer

Could someone give me the email for Acura USA? I really need to send them an email, it's ridiculous!
Old 07-27-2004, 04:22 AM
Banned

If you bought a Certified Acura, the 150 point inspection covers Rims and tires. IF the tires are over 50% of wear, they should of been replaced. IF the rims are badly chiped or scratched, they should be replaced too.

When i bought mine , Certified, they replaced 2 tires and 2 rims, with OEM Pilots and CLS rims.

When you bought it, did you not get a booklet to show what they did to make the Car Certified, as was in my case, In otherwords what they replaced or repaired, when checks they did etc...

Seems like they gave you the run around, but you stand a stronger chance if your in your 12/12 poilcy.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:29 AM
USTHS76

Originally Posted by AmooManiaK
Could someone give me the email for Acura USA? I really need to send them an email, it's ridiculous!
Go to www.acura.com and register in the owner's link. You'll find all their contact information there.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by labmeister
Go to www.acura.com and register in the owner's link. You'll find all their contact information there.

I already registered a long time ago, but they don't have an email on there, just phone numbers and mailing addresses.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Instructor

in most situations the "Certified" programs are intended to increase the resale price of the car for the selling dealer. the dealer does the minimum required to have the extra warranty time/milage applied to the car. the dealer doesn't want to invest any $$ because it lowers his profit. this sounds like the situation with your car. bummer.

the only good thing about the certified programs is that they let you know which cars the manufacturer WON'T put any extra warranty on. there have been several models over the years that various manufacturer's knew were so poorly designed and built that extending the warranty wasn't in anyone's best interest. if the model wasn't covered by the certified programs you know its junk.

good luck with getting the warranty honored. hope things work out.