Acura CL'ers Unite!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 04:16 PM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura CL'ers Unite!

I don’t know or particularly care what has led to this state of affairs with two competing CL boards; so this post should not be interpreted as taking sides with one person or another. I don’t know “Snook” or “Soopa” apart from any posts I have read.

I want to support the REUNIFICATION of the two boards, but I don’t think that will happen unless the Acura CL people who use the board(s) show a united front and agree on some policy toward that end, which the majority of us could agree to follow.

What I would like to see happen is for this board to be linked-to, from the Acura-TL board. I would like the history and archives, from both boards, to be consolidated in one place (perhaps at the TL board, but accessible from this site). Maybe some web savvier folks can figure out a more intelligent arrangement, but the aforementioned idea, at least sounds fair and practical to me.

In order for a reunification to come about(through necessity - if need be) it is my intention to ONLY POST TO THIS ACURA-CL BOARD FROM NOW ON,although I may read posts from the Acura TL based CL section for a while. If I see something over there for which I just HAVE to give my two cents, then I will post a link on the topic at the Acura-TL based topic pointing to my comment, which will be posted only on the Acura-CL board.

Does this seem like a logical response to an unfortunate situation, to you all?

Let's do something about this mess!

Fellow CL’ers unite!

Old 01-05-2001, 04:20 PM
Number 37

While I would like for there to only be 1 board, I think if you read some of Soopa's earlier posts you will find that that is not a viable option at this point.

------------------
Please rear end me in my Accord, so I have to buy a Type-s
Old 01-05-2001, 04:27 PM
Adult Supervision

W.R.

While I agree to a large degree, Soopa has explained that this is the way it is. We, as a group should not expect that he or Snook will come to an agreement on sharing data, which is fine. We as members of both can however continue to suggest or make aware those who are still on -tl.com that the majority of us are here. I intend to add acura-cl to my sig on -tl. This way Soopa can stay out of it - which it appears to be what he would like to do. Then we just "grassroot unite" the membership. Also, I think Soopa will probably let us publish/post links to good archives which he may not be able to take/bring over here (the older data really isn't his) (I'm thinking of Shawn's hardwire pictures, etc.)

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT

[This message has been edited by MikeS 18 (edited 01-05-2001).]
Old 01-05-2001, 05:18 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys know me... I usually go along with whatever you guys want.

But this ISNT going to happen.

I havent censored any of the shit posted here so far referencing the old site if it is appropriate. I have no interest in fighting... my interest is to have a good... reliable... cl site/forum for all of us to play on.

I have no interest in helping someone further their financial growth by manipulating users I brought to a site.

This site is here to stay... this is the site weve mostly chosen to use.

If you want to read TL discussions... then simply type the address in your browser... its that easy, heh.

But enough with this reunification crap... you guys dont understand what was going on behind the scenes...

So please... please.. just drop it. Lets just get one with posting here.

I mean... I appreciate your interest and your effort... but like I keep saying... this is one thing that just wont happen.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-05-2001, 05:27 PM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
You guys know me... I usually go along with whatever you guys want.

But this ISNT going to happen.

I havent censored any of the shit posted here so far referencing the old site if it is appropriate. I have no interest in fighting... my interest is to have a good... reliable... cl site/forum for all of us to play on.

I have no interest in helping someone further their financial growth by manipulating users I brought to a site.

This site is here to stay... this is the site weve mostly chosen to use.

If you want to read TL discussions... then simply type the address in your browser... its that easy, heh.

But enough with this reunification crap... you guys dont understand what was going on behind the scenes...

I mean... I appreciate your interest and your effort... but like I keep saying... this is one thing that just wont happen.

</font>
"disgruntled moderators, and the bb users who abuse them." On the next Jerry Springer.

J/K lol

------------------
Old 01-05-2001, 05:37 PM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nootch:
"disgruntled moderators, and the bb users who abuse them." On the next Jerry Springer.

J/K lol

</font>
he he

Soopa - We mods are behind you all the way. And we are here for the members, not against them in any way...

Let's have fun!!!!

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- mud guards
- fenderwell trim
- 35% tint
- winter floor mats
- full nose mask

"hockey + music + cars = life"
Old 01-05-2001, 09:49 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:

</font>
Okay.

I wish there were a better solution, but it appears not.

Au revoir ancien regime, The King is dead - long live the King. Blah, blah, blah.

Consider it dropped.

Old 01-05-2001, 09:53 PM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Water Rabbit:
Okay.

I wish there were a better solution, but it appears not.

Au revoir ancien regime, The King is dead - long live the King. Blah, blah, blah.

Consider it dropped.

</font>
I used to live in Santa Monica. Any land slides or fires lately? Just curious.

------------------
Old 01-05-2001, 10:02 PM

[/b][/QUOTE]

[/B][/QUOTE]

I was on a roof with a firehose for the last two major fires.

I only lost some bookshelves and gained some cracks in the last good earthquake.

We haven't had our annual landslide disaster yet, so driving PCH is a dream as long as you have radar.
Old 01-05-2001, 10:10 PM
Team Owner

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I was on a roof with a firehose for the last two major fires.</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I only lost some bookshelves and gained some cracks in the last good earthquake.</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We haven't had our annual landslide disaster yet.</font>
I'll take 20" of snow out East here over that kind of "weather" any day.

As for the forum thread, I'm happy here and there's always a bookmark if I want to check out what the TL guys are up to.

Shawn S

------------------
&gt;&gt;&gt; 400+ posts on h/a.net &lt;&lt;&lt; &gt;&gt;&gt; 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com &lt;&lt;&lt;

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 01-05-2001, 10:26 PM
Number 37

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Water Rabbit:

</font>

[/B][/QUOTE]

I was on a roof with a firehose for the last two major fires.

I only lost some bookshelves and gained some cracks in the last good earthquake.

We haven't had our annual landslide disaster yet, so driving PCH is a dream as long as you have radar.[/B][/QUOTE]
I remember a number of years back when ashes fell in S.M. for three days cause the Malibu fires.

------------------
Old 01-06-2001, 02:27 PM
Race Director

Asking these two to cut the crap and get together is like asking Target and Walmart to open one store front. Ain't gonna happen.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *
Old 01-06-2001, 11:43 PM
Racer

Could someone Bluntly explain what IS going on? I am lost. Was there a argument or difference in ideas along the way of the new transition of servers?

------------------