acp rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 11:05 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acp rotors

2001 acura cl type s wo/navi
i have brake pulsation since last year and my dealer resurface the rotors for warranty for once and after few month later start shake again
i call dealer to resurface rotors again and my fucking dealer told me warranty only cover once fuck that
and they ask me $200 for it with new brakes
so i ordered cross drill from acp and my brake is now smooth and better stopping
fuck all acura dealers
i dont know what the fuck with acura warranty
my brother bmw nerver have problem with warranty if something anything wrong with car under warranty they will fix
i will not buy acura again
acura warranty sux ass
Old 06-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Burning Brakes

I have the ACPs and agree that the performance is very nice. I never have had to try and have Acura resurface my rotors, but I know others on here have and they were covered. You can expect to find different discrepencies between dealerships. Though I don't think you should expect that different dealerships will read the same warrenty differently.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:23 AM
Masshole

Re: acp rotors

Originally posted by superkimtx
i will not buy acura again
acura warranty sux ass

Dude, your dealer is FULL OF SHIT. Acura's warranty covers all defects. It's such a shame to see so many of our members getting FUCKED by their dealers. It's not the warranty that sucks, superkimtx, it's your DEALER. You should call the Acura Customer Service Center and tell them what happened. That really pisses me off!!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: acp rotors

Originally posted by superkimtx
i call dealer to resurface rotors again and my fucking dealer told me warranty only cover once fuck that
Actually, you should consider yourself lucky. Rotors are considered "wear items"

Most dealers (Acura or not) will resurface them once and consider it a warranty repair (although it is not) just in good faith.

But as I remember, Acura has a TSB out on the CL rotors. Your dealer should have known that. But if you would have bought that to their attention, you would have gotten a brand new set of rotors for free.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Racer

Where did you get the ACP rotors and how much they cost? I got mine resurfaced once and now it is acting up again. I would rather upgrade my rotors and fight with the dealers. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:05 PM
I'd rather be golfing

...if they fixed the problem the first time and it started happening again within a couple of months that's not wear and tear, that's just the dealer not doing a good job, my advise...go to another dealer.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by limuas22
...if they fixed the problem the first time and it started happening again within a couple of months that's not wear and tear, that's just the dealer not doing a good job, my advise...go to another dealer.
Absolutely, dude. If the car ain't right, they HAVE to fix it....but of course, now you have new rotors, so none of this matters!!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:48 PM
Banned

You really shouldnt resurface your rotors more than once...as it weakens the rotor.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Racer

Originally posted by MtBikR
I have the ACPs and agree that the performance is very nice. I never have had to try and have Acura resurface my rotors, but I know others on here have and they were covered. You can expect to find different discrepencies between dealerships. Though I don't think you should expect that different dealerships will read the same warrenty differently.

Where did you get the ACP rotors and how much they cost. I had my rotors cut not long ago and it is acting up again. Thanks
Old 06-25-2002, 04:53 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by moomaster_99
You really shouldnt resurface your rotors more than once...as it weakens the rotor.
That depends on the original thickness of the rotor. These days most rotors are a lot thinner than they used to be.

The more you cut your rotors, the more likely they are to warp due to heat. Sometimes, it makes good sense to just throw them away.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by tdtsai

Where did you get the ACP rotors and how much they cost. I had my rotors cut not long ago and it is acting up again. Thanks

The ACP rotors are availible at www.autocarparts.com, You can get them from Tim who is a member here. They have great customer service. Rear set $345.60 and fronts for $247.60. In my opinion as long as your rotors aren't warped, the best brake mod is cables with new aggressive pads. But the rotors do look nice. I have the gold cadium plating on mine. Silver and anoter type are availible.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by MtBikR

The ACP rotors are availible at www.autocarparts.com, You can get them from Tim who is a member here. They have great customer service. Rear set $345.60 and fronts for $247.60. In my opinion as long as your rotors aren't warped, the best brake mod is cables with new aggressive pads. But the rotors do look nice. I have the gold cadium plating on mine. Silver and anoter type are availible.

I was thinking of doing that u got any pics.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:06 PM
Burning Brakes

I do but only in hard format, I don't have a digi camera yet, and my scanner doesn't work without new xp drivers
But I think that aftermarket wheels and cross-drilled rotors with a spoiler have to be the sexiest additions that you can add to the car visualy.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:57 AM
Banned

i aint gonna go spend $500+ for some fucqin rotors. ima have my acura dealer change the rotors, and i'll fuqin park my car in the god damn service bay myself! i ain't leavin till they fix my shit. my brakes suck ass for a $32,000 car damn it!