Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2001 | 02:13 AM
10th Gear

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

It's been two weeks now since I left my lovely red CL at home and traveled to the Great White North. This is a totally new experience for me; I've never owned a car worth pining over before. Somehow the plain white rent-a-Camry just doesn't quite measure up. All I have to tide me over for another week are this forum and two months worth of memories. What's a poor deprived soul to do?

Spike
Old 04-05-2001 | 03:12 AM
hater

Don't worry, man. I'm tearing up Frisco and representing for ya! Have you hit that new chicane on west Lebanon heading towards the Tollway yet? I tore that shit UP tonight on the way home. Ripping ass to 80, braking hard about 150 feet out, dropping it into third and swinging right through. DAMN, that's fun!

------------------
'01 CL-S|Sundance Gold|Spoiler|35% Tint|Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17
a study in pimp daddy gold
Old 04-05-2001 | 12:29 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spike:
It's been two weeks now since I left my lovely red CL at home and traveled to the Great White North. This is a totally new experience for me; I've never owned a car worth pining over before. Somehow the plain white rent-a-Camry just doesn't quite measure up. All I have to tide me over for another week are this forum and two months worth of memories. What's a poor deprived soul to do?

Spike
</font>
Hey there.. you guys dont live far from me..
Kick ass.. maybe u are the guys i see at the Frisco mall..... hmmm good to see ya on the boards..
By the way.. i am going to take a trip too ..very soon.. i am going t miss my CL-S :sob: lol

------------------
***New Car***
2001 Acura CL Type S
Black on Ebony
Navigation, Spoiler, Wheel locks and tint.
***Former Car***
2001 Acura CL Premium
Navigation, Spoiler
No Mods yet

Acura - We are Artists of the Streets.
Old 04-05-2001 | 09:16 PM
10th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by droideka:
Don't worry, man. I'm tearing up Frisco and representing for ya! Have you hit that new chicane on west Lebanon heading towards the Tollway yet? I tore that shit UP tonight on the way home. Ripping ass to 80, braking hard about 150 feet out, dropping it into third and swinging right through. DAMN, that's fun!
</font>
Glad to hear someone's picking up the slack for me. I'll have to check out that chicane when I get home; last time I was out that way, Lebanon was still a construction war zone.
Old 04-06-2001 | 01:54 AM
hater

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spike:
Glad to hear someone's picking up the slack for me. I'll have to check out that chicane when I get home; last time I was out that way, Lebanon was still a construction war zone.</font>
I did it again tonight. Up to 80 on the straight, BRAKE, went through at 60. I've got my new Bridgestones though!

------------------
'01 CL-S|Sundance Gold|Spoiler|35% Tint|Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17
a study in pimp daddy gold
Old 04-06-2001 | 06:48 AM
pumpkin escobar

if it makes you feel any better, i've been away from my CL-s for more than 3 months now....god dam i miss her...i have to ride the nasty ass, extremely crowded french metro everyday...not to mention, i get to smell french dudes b.o. too...nasty....all i have is this forum to keep me sane. I can't wait to be able to drive my car again...
Old 04-06-2001 | 07:05 AM
Suzuka Master

what I do to pass the times easier is put pics of the CL on the wall facing my workstation...

now if youre really *really* nutz about her,
put pics in your wallet

heck that would make a good owner obsession commercial...more pics of your car than your family/gf's

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
Polarg/PIAA super white interior lights *bling bling*
HP Quantum 28 -- 31% metallic tint all around

Blue Lady Dragon

Ferrari F355 Challenge Lap Times (Dreamcast):
-Motegi: 0'37"822 , sprint total 2'42"892
-Suzuka (short): 0'57"873
-Atlanta: 0'31"659

[This message has been edited by KavexTrax (edited 04-06-2001).]
Old 04-06-2001 | 10:11 PM
10th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by minla007:
if it makes you feel any better, i've been away from my CL-s for more than 3 months now....god dam i miss her...i have to ride the nasty ass, extremely crowded french metro everyday...not to mention, i get to smell french dudes b.o. too...nasty....all i have is this forum to keep me sane. I can't wait to be able to drive my car again...</font>
You're right; I can't compete with that. My rent-a-Camry doesn't seem so bad now.