4 Pumped...please hook me up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 02:30 PM
?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Pumped...please hook me up!

I am obsessed with your car's ability to touch the ground, and i was looking to purchase the prohopper pro competition front back side side kit.

Is this a good quality kit and should i look for something else?

what else would be needed in addition the the kit and batteries to have this work?

what is the best deal that i can get for these parts?

robkunc@cox.net

Thanks
Old 04-06-2002, 02:35 PM
?!?

after some more site searching, what do you think of the novice fbss kits? i'm trying to save as much money as possible for other things (im only in high school) and i would like decent hops without a ton of price...
Old 04-06-2002, 02:47 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 641 Likes on 283 Posts
do it cheaply and you'll pay for it in the long run...
do it right the first time, save yourself the hassle..
Old 04-06-2002, 03:04 PM
?!?

definitely...i learned that with my bass

the pro hopper pro competitions are the best ones prohopper sells i think
Old 04-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Besides a basic setup, he went one step further and added accumulators on his set up. They work like shocks so that the car does not ride rough at all. Our cars don't have the weight like an Impala, or the ability to relocate shocks. That's where the accumulators help out. Another thing is that his equipment is plated and running single tanks between two pumps. That makes it look super clean, but the chrome will cost a bit more. Best advice, if you want chrome, buy them that way. Unless you know enough about disassembling/reassembling hydraulic pumps.

Although I haven't been into the lowrider scene for a while, I know that pro-hopper was decent. I have a Red's setup in my civic that I think is below average to say the best. Most of the setups back in the day were the same, no matter where you got them. They ran the same motors, delta dumps(cheap) or waterman dumps.

What will really "make" the setup is who installs it. Just make sure whoever does it knows there stuff. People will rip you and do a shitty job if they can. You want someone who knows how to weld and keep the welds clean. Won't do something to the car just because you think it's cool. Build a battery rack/ pump rack that won't go through your floor board. Etc...

Most "basic" setups are the same, it's the person doing the install you could ruin everything. Extra things are running air pressure in the tanks, bigger pump motors, chrome, etc.

Oh yeah, don't forget to think about batteries. They can cost some serious dough...
Old 04-06-2002, 03:58 PM
?!?

Thanks a lot!

the prohopper kit comes with all of the best pumps and components in chrome, and i think one deepcycle optima is sufficient...

i need 4pumped to help me out with finding a good install place in the la area and also helping me out with other things such as these accumulators...
Old 04-07-2002, 04:13 AM
Honkey

I don't really have too much to add that hasn't already been said. Totally Polished is in the LA area and does great work. They' juiced about 4 of my friends rides and everything works flawless. They're awesome fabricators...just check this out!

nope, that's NOT photoshopped...it's a shortened Excursion! It's just an example of how talented these guys are. I don't trust many people, but I'd let them juice my car. Good luck. Don't hesitate to PM if you have any other questions.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:55 PM
War Eagle!!!

Originally posted by 4pumpedCL
I don't really have too much to add that hasn't already been said. Totally Polished is in the LA area and does great work. They' juiced about 4 of my friends rides and everything works flawless. They're awesome fabricators...just check this out!

nope, that's NOT photoshopped...it's a shortened Excursion! It's just an example of how talented these guys are. I don't trust many people, but I'd let them juice my car. Good luck. Don't hesitate to PM if you have any other questions.

I'm....

:wackit:

at a loss

for words....
Old 04-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 4pumpedCL

thats badass!

but still funny someone would take the largest SUV made and shorten it! (probably one of the largest made now... who knows)

there's some irony!