4 door Integra Replacement. PICS DIALUP BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002 | 10:01 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

4 door Integra Replacement. PICS DIALUP BEWARE

This looks VERY nice. Apparently this will the entry level four door in the Acura line up. !!!!!!!!!! The Type S version will include the 2.4L ivtec i4 250hp!!!!!!!!!! Since this car isn't supposed to be shown until the Geneva AutoShow in September I don't expect to see it in the Acura line up till next fall. Looking behind the numbers you can see that the TLS will get a bump in horse power. I suspect that you will see a 300hp TLS w/ 6MT As soon as that's confirmed i'm on my way to the dealership to make my deposit

Courtsey of www.vtec.net:

Old 06-30-2002 | 10:07 AM
Balla on a Budget

Uglyyyyyyyy!!!
Old 06-30-2002 | 10:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Loks like a cross between a Mustang and a Volvo. Not bad.
Old 06-30-2002 | 10:11 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Looks like a cross between an RSX and a Jetta. Will be nice for some if the price is right.

(BTW, I hate Volkswagens)
Old 06-30-2002 | 10:25 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

It looks allright, but I don't know about a BMW rival.
Old 06-30-2002 | 11:05 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
It looks allright, but I don't know about a BMW rival.

Well, minus the RWD. The car will have leather navi stick. What else could you want??? No doubt. The styling is superb. Acura/Honda finally borrowed something from BMW's book. THANK YOU!!!!! A real step up for Acura/HOnda. Ktgumbo i'd have to disagree with you there.

Slimey,
VW???? Where do you see a VW? I see Volvo esque in the back and mustang bullit type rims and honda civic coupe body type with BMW type cabin placement as the nose is elongated.
Old 06-30-2002 | 11:13 AM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Wow now THAT looks good unlike what they plan to release here in the states. <sigh>

250hp from a 2.4L i4?!?! How?!?!?! Is that thing going to redline at 8,500 to 9,000 rpms??? I wonder if the torque will be around 160-170ft/lbs.
Old 06-30-2002 | 11:28 AM
Advanced

Hahah, yea, thats not the replacement for the 4Door Integra. Not to flame, but you should read the captions within the article.

Its actually the Next gen of the Accord Euro R.
It says so in the caption in the picture to the top right.
Old 06-30-2002 | 11:40 AM
Time to POWER UP!!

It looks like an Audi A4 from the side (I like Audi)

Frryy, Honda has not made up its mind what they will be doing with this car yet.. It may stay a Honda in Europe and Asia, but come to the US as a Acura.

I like the look and cant wait to see what the new TL will look like. With a 6 speed and maybe rwd.. Im all in!!
Old 06-30-2002 | 11:53 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by ComptechType-S
but come to the US as a Acura.
I kinda doubt that. But hey, I don't know what Honda is planning either. Its just that, well, when's the last time you saw a Euro R rollin around here? The reason they didn't bring that here, was because they didn't feel that it would sell well. so iono.
Old 06-30-2002 | 12:34 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by frryy
Hahah, yea, thats not the replacement for the 4Door Integra. Not to flame, but you should read the captions within the article.

It says so in the caption in the picture to the top right.
OK IF YOU SAY SO.

If you pay attention to the intell that has/is been coming out over the past year and most recently you would have known that Acura is planning to bring a car to replace the integra 4 door. Up to this point it has been refered to as "UD". WIse guy, look at the grill of the car.......ACURA GRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2002 | 12:40 PM
Advanced

Hey hey hey, i'm not that wise.

Yea I noticed that too, the grill I mean. It just screams Acura. Ok, so I haven't been keepin up with "intell(?)" over the past year. But what's "UD?"

But yea, anyways, its just that you said:
Apparently this will the entry level four door in the Acura line up
And I just said:
You said it like that car in the picture was the ACTUAL replacement. I'm sure that they'll bring it over here, just in a different form.
Old 06-30-2002 | 12:42 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by BNut
Wow now THAT looks good unlike what they plan to release here in the states. <sigh>

250hp from a 2.4L i4?!?! How?!?!?! Is that thing going to redline at 8,500 to 9,000 rpms??? I wonder if the torque will be around 160-170ft/lbs.
Bnut,
YEAH!!!! 250HP from a 2.4L i4!! Remember the RSX-R has 220hp and 200 ft/lbs of torque and that's only a 2.0L ivtec. The pics are in debate right now. People aren't sure if the ones we saw with the three white sedans were imposters of some type or if what we see up top is what the new accord will look like OR what is more likely the pic on top is the new Acura. I believe the 2.4L will not be 9k RPM. More than likely the 2.4L will be stroked >;] so the car will be able to maintain 6k-7k rpm.

ComptechType-S,
IMHO, I really don't believe the new TLS will be RWD. I believe it will remain FWD until the IMA w/ ATTS is ported from the NSX/RL.
Old 06-30-2002 | 12:50 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

maybe i missed the memo but "IMA w/ ATTS".
what the hell is that?

250hp from an integra/rsx is a bit much. im w/ the other guys, sounds like the accord euro R 2 me. it would make sense tho to bring it to the states (V6 Altima killer?) if it does make the jump, i wouldnt expect it being an Acura, maybe an Acura VERSION based on it coming later but why would they have an Altima competitor in its "luxury" division? what i see when i look into my chrystal ball is a special Accord to beat the hell outta the Altima V6 and an Acura (if at all) based on it to compete with the G35 sedan. now remember, none of what i just said is based on fact, it is just stipulation. your guesses are as good as mine.
Old 06-30-2002 | 01:29 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by ItalianStallion
maybe i missed the memo but "IMA w/ ATTS".
what the hell is that?

250hp from an integra/rsx is a bit much. im w/ the other guys, sounds like the accord euro R 2 me. it would make sense tho to bring it to the states (V6 Altima killer?) if it does make the jump, i wouldnt expect it being an Acura, maybe an Acura VERSION based on it coming later but why would they have an Altima competitor in its "luxury" division? what i see when i look into my chrystal ball is a special Accord to beat the hell outta the Altima V6 and an Acura (if at all) based on it to compete with the G35 sedan. now remember, none of what i just said is based on fact, it is just stipulation. your guesses are as good as mine.
IMA= Integrated Motor Assist
ATTS=Active Torque Transfer System

Remember that Honda/Acura often base their car models off of a platform that is already in their lineup. The Accord-R will probably not make it over here. HOWEVER, the "UD" will adopt it's platform from the Accord-R.

You people are getting confused. Acura does not compete with Nissan. THe competition happens in the mind of the consumer as they seek to compare like cars. Acura would bring this new car over to compete with Audi a4 and the BMW 3 series.

G35 sedan competitor is the TLS.
Old 06-30-2002 | 01:43 PM
The Creator

looks kinda butter.... i dig it.

but umm... its still FWD, and ya it has a elongated hood... but the wheels still appear to be pretty far back on the car... meaning that the engine is still going to be in front of the strut towers... meaning... its probably gonna crazy nose heavy as always.

doesnt appear to be very innovative minus the power supply.
Old 06-30-2002 | 05:10 PM
Old timer

I'm always curious what market segment Honda think it's attracting with their new models.

Because I wasn't aware there was a market for a 4-door compact RSX/Civic thing with a 4cylinder engine, most especially in the Acura line-up.

I think the design department has their collective head pretty far up their collective ass.