2010 Mustang GT/MT vs 02 TLS

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by av6ent

Trolling? Look at my registered date, you shmuck. I used to own the AV6 and know enough about J32A2 engine and both 2nd gen. CL-S and TL-S capabilities. I also know someone who used to own swapped J32A2 into AV6 with a blower kit running 12.8@109mph. In addition, I was also discussing regular things with scalbert, allmotor, and other knowledgeable guys. Getting from your logic you’re supposed to be then a troll yourself since you belong to TL board but you’re posting on CL, right?

Nice try running your mouth I simply stated your claim of staying next to GT is a joke, along with GTO, SRT8 as I noticed here and other superior powerband cars while running nothing but bolt-ons and broken shit. I truly hope someday someone will butt hurt you with one of those cars including 335i so you’ll get back down to earth and stop posting nonsense.

Wow . . now you need to name drop to boost you ego . . .

BTW, I've been chatting with them as well and . . . but don't need to throw their names around . . you really need to go back and read your original post . . you totally dissed me, my post and car and then you want to cry about my comeback . . . you're a waste of my time . . and your registration date is more proof, 695 posts in 6 years . . .

Ruf
Old 05-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Trolling? Look at my registered date, you shmuck. I used to own the AV6 and know enough about J32A2 engine and both 2nd gen. CL-S and TL-S capabilities. I also know someone who used to own swapped J32A2 into AV6 with a blower kit running 12.8@109mph. In addition, I was also discussing regular things with scalbert, allmotor, and other knowledgeable guys. Getting from your logic you’re supposed to be then a troll yourself since you belong to TL board but you’re posting on CL, right?

Nice try running your mouth I simply stated your claim of staying next to GT is a joke, along with GTO, SRT8 as I noticed here and other superior powerband cars while running nothing but bolt-ons and broken shit. I truly hope someday someone will butt hurt you with one of those cars including 335i so you’ll get back down to earth and stop posting nonsense.

Wow is this guy for real? He must have a superiority complex!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Sundance Gold in

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Mr. AV6ENT. I am not sure how AZ conversations looked like back in 2004 - I believe I registered in 06 - but right now they seem to be more peacefull.So far I ve never seen anyone call names: moron, shmuck , fn moron or point someones age as disqualification. This kind of comments are simply rude and ignorant ....
Old 05-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by celynka
Mr. AV6ENT. I am not sure how AZ conversations looked like back in 2004 - I believe I registered in 06 - but right now they seem to be more peacefull.So far I ve never seen anyone call names: moron, shmuck , fn moron or point someones age as disqualification. This kind of comments are simply rude and ignorant ....
. . . and until he retracts his personal attacks he as just been added to my Ignor list so I don't have to see that sort of BS. As I said before, I don't mind skeptics or people that want to debate in a civil manner, but to come right out and make fun of someone, their post, their car, etc . . . I got no respect or use for them. I've had too many people see my car run on the street and track times that are great for the mods I had then, so something must be working. I've been modding and even building engines, tranny mods and rear end gear work, and racing for more years than he is old . . . wait . . that really makes me an guy

Ruf
Old 05-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
i ran my car CL S 6 speed with my friends 335xi from a dig and also on the track. he did flat 14 twice and 13.8 once he is stock and also 6 speed manual. he beat me since im not much modified but im sure with few more mods that race could be more even.

i belive that ruf87 did keep up with that GT and beat bimmer 650i

i did 14.3 stock simce then i haven't gone to the track yet.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:58 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
14.3 stock is a nice number
Old 05-14-2010, 05:33 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
No personal attacks. .

and then you step in.....

Add what up? Your broken CL-S?
You're a moron. Correction, you're a fu<kin moron
You are so pathetic that it's really hard for me to conceptualize you as anything other than a fifteen year old who thinks he knows and can do everything, when it's pretty clear that you don’t. Your shit is weak so you decided to blame on BMW? LOL. You attacked me for no freaking reason first when I simply asked if that was a valid race?

Enjoy your vacation....hope the weathers nice
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by StreetKA
i ran my car CL S 6 speed with my friends 335xi from a dig and also on the track. he did flat 14 twice and 13.8 once he is stock and also 6 speed manual. he beat me since im not much modified but im sure with few more mods that race could be more even.

i belive that ruf87 did keep up with that GT and beat bimmer 650i

i did 14.3 stock simce then i haven't gone to the track yet.
This just frustrates us auto-tranny guys . . . we have to have so much more mods to compensate for the power lost through a front wheel drive auto . . If we just had rear wheel drive we'd probably see 1/4 mile times drop close to 1/2 sec. My goal was always to break into the 13s with all motor . . no boosting or NOS. Right now I just wish I could launch better . . . can't wait to test out the latest motor mount set up. I did a quick trial and had almost zero wheel hop . . the real test will be at the track. With the drive time and it really heating up down here I probably won't go until September . . . but we'll see, maybe I'll get a wild hair and get a baseline for a hot weather run. This is the first car where I can feel that the car is slower . . I'm not a big fan of NOS, but I've always toyed with the idea of building a DEI (Design Engineering Inc.) cooling system for the intake. It would really help when temps start to climb, but it's not cheap and I'm guessing that HP gain would be in the 10-15hp range. For close to the same cost you could put in a NOS system and get 3x that gain . . . what to do . . .

For those not familar with DEI, here's a link. And there are several distributors for their stuff. http://www.designengineering.com/

Ruf
Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RUF87
This just frustrates us auto-tranny guys . . . we have to have so much more mods to compensate for the power lost through a front wheel drive auto . . If we just had rear wheel drive we'd probably see 1/4 mile times drop close to 1/2 sec. My goal was always to break into the 13s with all motor . . no boosting or NOS. Right now I just wish I could launch better . . . can't wait to test out the latest motor mount set up. I did a quick trial and had almost zero wheel hop . . the real test will be at the track. With the drive time and it really heating up down here I probably won't go until September . . . but we'll see, maybe I'll get a wild hair and get a baseline for a hot weather run. This is the first car where I can feel that the car is slower . . I'm not a big fan of NOS, but I've always toyed with the idea of building a DEI (Design Engineering Inc.) cooling system for the intake. It would really help when temps start to climb, but it's not cheap and I'm guessing that HP gain would be in the 10-15hp range. For close to the same cost you could put in a NOS system and get 3x that gain . . . what to do . . .

For those not familar with DEI, here's a link. And there are several distributors for their stuff. http://www.designengineering.com/

Ruf

Thanks for the link, some neat stuff there.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Lead Footed

Originally Posted by CH46ESeaKnight
Thanks for the link, some neat stuff there.

You're welcome. While many of the mods can help with power gains, it's not the only reason to do them, especially if you run your car hard and or in a hot climate. Both of which are reason why I'll do cooling mods, but even if the gains are minimal, I'll still do ones I can afford. When you think of the cost of a engine repair, it becomes more clear on why these mods are a good deal. The Scalbert cooling mod was one of the first mods I did, and soon followed by the Thermoblock mod. Too bad there isn't a cooling mod for our trannies that will extend its life.

While I'm at it, my apologies to the Bimmer owners at large . . no offense meant. Responses were directed at just one individual. I personally wouldn't mind owning several of them.

Ruf