2 kills yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
this is an automotive enthusiasts board. everyone and their stories are welcome to contribute.

do you have any kills you'd like to share?
I agree! You should enjoy reading about cars other than Acuras. That way you can get an idea of what's out there. I have never owned an Acura and NEVER will but I think they are good cars and the CL-S was a good FWD performance coupe, but I only formulated this opinion by reading and sharing my own stories on this site. I can't wait to race a CL-S or any Acura with my Impala SS and post it on this site.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Racer

Seattle CLS, not to change the subject of this thread too much, but how would a new Merecedes C55 AMG stack up performance wise to your CTS-V? The reason I ask is that the lease on my CLS is up later this year and am starting to look for a new car; the C55 AMG is on my list.

I am interested in your (or anyone else's) opinion - Thanks!

Dave
Old 04-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
this is an automotive enthusiasts board. everyone and their stories are welcome to contribute.

do you have any kills you'd like to share?
Thanks for the clarification. I have posted a couple of Cl kills on this site but let me regress back to 1985 when I took out some what of a beater Trans Am with my 79 Corvette coming out of the toll booths on I95 in Greenwich, CT. The TA actually took me out of the hole as I bogged in 1st. The blue smoke bellowing out of the tin indians tailpipes told me I would catch him in second and I did. By the time my speedo finally registered the century mark he was a blip in my rear view. That car had a L48 350 and put out 180 smog laden hp. It also got 12 mpg around town.

Moved on from there to a 280XZ Turbo and have been driving Japanese ever since.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by Dave
Seattle CLS, not to change the subject of this thread too much, but how would a new Merecedes C55 AMG stack up performance wise to your CTS-V? The reason I ask is that the lease on my CLS is up later this year and am starting to look for a new car; the C55 AMG is on my list.

I am interested in your (or anyone else's) opinion - Thanks!

Dave

I'm not too familiar w/ the performance #'s on the C55's but I'm sure it stacks up very well. The S/C'd C32 was a car I toyed w/ purchasing b/f the CTS-V. With equal drivers I think the V would edge it out - especially in the corners (odd to say that about a Caddy, huh?) When it comes to luxury and status though, the MB wins hands down.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 AM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
I'm not too familiar w/ the performance #'s on the C55's but I'm sure it stacks up very well. The S/C'd C32 was a car I toyed w/ purchasing b/f the CTS-V. With equal drivers I think the V would edge it out - especially in the corners (odd to say that about a Caddy, huh?) When it comes to luxury and status though, the MB wins hands down.
Someone on NSXPrime (SaberX) said he saw your CTS-V w/ the supercharger at the track yesterday. Driving lessons eh?
Old 04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by NSX-Tuner
Someone on NSXPrime (SaberX) said he saw your CTS-V w/ the supercharger at the track yesterday. Driving lessons eh?

Yeah. My 2nd track day w/ coach to finish up my lessons. I can now do open lapping days!

I mentioned your car to him and he said he knew/read about you. The two of us were never near each other on the track so we never got to do any "I'm faster than you" comparos. I'm guessing I'd put a few lengths on him on the straights and he'd get them right back (and then some) in the twisties. He said he's getting the twin screw blower just like yours soon. Hopefully we'll keep in touch and bring him on down to the WCM5!!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:20 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Cl-S
Yeah. My 2nd track day w/ coach to finish up my lessons. I can now do open lapping days!

I mentioned your car to him and he said he knew/read about you. The two of us were never near each other on the track so we never got to do any "I'm faster than you" comparos. I'm guessing I'd put a few lengths on him on the straights and he'd get them right back (and then some) in the twisties. He said he's getting the twin screw blower just like yours soon. Hopefully we'll keep in touch and bring him on down to the WCM5!!
Open track day... So u must have graduated at the top of ur class. I'm hoping to attend a track day/driving school event at Sears Point (Infineon Raceway) in July.

WCM5... paging Red Rider... Back in March, he said he wanted to do a WCM4.5 in May, but no one has heard from him since.

BTW, did you get stickier tires yet? With all that extra power, you must be lighting the rears up whenever you get on it.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by NSX-Tuner
Open track day... So u must have graduated at the top of ur class. I'm hoping to attend a track day/driving school event at Sears Point (Infineon Raceway) in July.

WCM5... paging Red Rider... Back in March, he said he wanted to do a WCM4.5 in May, but no one has heard from him since.

BTW, did you get stickier tires yet? With all that extra power, you must be lighting the rears up whenever you get on it.

Hmmm, maybe he's abandoned the Acura crowd? Subie-snob now

I put a set of Goodyear F1 GSD3's on the car a couple weeks ago. Pretty sticky. The car had the runflat F1's as stock. 245/40 all around. I squeezed 275/35 on the stock rims for the rears and stayed stock size in the front. A little more bite but it's still easy to break traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I can even break 4th if I pop the clutch or I'm not accelerating in a perfectly straight line. I've scared myself really bad once when I popped 4th in a very slight right-hander and the back end slid out. Not good at 75mph. I really want to get a dyno so I know what my car is making to the wheels. I'm guessing mid-400's for both hp and tq.