1-yr M&T CLS update (in case you not see)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 06:51 AM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1-yr M&T CLS update (in case you not see)

Motortrend one year update on CLS. They like

"......so far, so really really good."

http://www.motortrend.com/aug01/cl/cl_f.html
Old 10-22-2001, 07:20 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome! They must have recieved one of the CLS's without a problem. Moon-roof, actuator, tranny etc.,
Old 10-22-2001, 08:02 AM
Pro

Probably 99% don't have any prolems anyway so the odds were against any problems showing up.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:53 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Seriously guys... CL's dont have that many problems.

Theres been a batch with tranny problems...

A very small batch with actuator issues...

And yea, a moonroof rattle which there is a TSB on.

If you worked for an auto mag and got to drive every car every day you would know that other manufacturers have as many if not more problems.

There are bigger problems right now with brand new Porsches, Aston Martins, & Bentleys then we have ever had with our CL.

You also gotta figure... a LARGE percentage of the people on this board originally looked for this place because of problems with their car.

So its mostly people with problematic cars that are here... thas why we have such a large percentage of problems within members of this forum.

Anyway, nice update!
Old 10-22-2001, 09:53 AM
Banned

Since the price was $32,810 it must have the navi. I can't believe they didn't say one word about the navi. Was it useful? Did it suck? What?
Old 10-22-2001, 11:31 AM
- daemonichris -

good thing they didn't get one with a fucked up transmission
Old 10-22-2001, 12:44 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Other than the sunroof booming, I musta got one of the good ones. No problems to report here. As a matter of fact, whichever comes out first with a manual, TL-S or CL-S will probably be my next car.

Trending Topics

Old 10-22-2001, 02:04 PM
Banned

The trenny problems are a farse... If there were a lot of tranny problems you bet your ass MT would mention it. Same with Edmunds. One problem with Edmunds is they tend to go easy on the domestics. They seem to hold the imports to a higher standard. ALso, when you do jackrabbit starts from every light what do you expect? Put 300 pound wheels and floor it to get that 0-60 less than 12 secs... come on. Blaming Acura/Honda is just plain dumb.
Old 10-22-2001, 02:34 PM
foolio at heart

Originally posted by soopa

If you worked for an auto mag and got to drive every car every day you would know that other manufacturers have as many if not more problems.

There are bigger problems right now with brand new Porsches, Aston Martins, & Bentleys then we have ever had with our CL.

You also gotta figure... a LARGE percentage of the people on this board originally looked for this place because of problems with their car.

So its mostly people with problematic cars that are here... thas why we have such a large percentage of problems within members of this forum.

Anyway, nice update!
I totally have to disagree on this. There have been way too many problems with this generation tranny. They're are having problems with the cl and the tl trannies. The trannies are basically shit. They are on a national backorder of trannies right now, that basically tells you something. There have also been a ton of issues with the brake rotors, there have been many instances of brake rotors warping at barely over 15K on the odometer. This is unacceptable. I can honestly say that this is the poorest made acura that I've ever had.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:00 PM
Racer

I thought the trannies were on backorder because they were remanufacturing a majority of the transmitions not putting in brand new ones. Also I thought I read on here that there was only a small team of engineers that were doing the remanufacturing hence the backorder.

As far as the break rotors warping to easily I am pretty sure this is a HONDA problem. My accord rotors warped and I did research and found lots of complaints about honda rotors. So far I have no problems with the CL rotors at 15k miles. Then again I realize my car isn't a porsche (my friend that owns a boxter told me about the tests they put porsche breaks through... pretty amazing) and therefor I only break hard in emergency situations. I am guessing people with warped rotors at early miles probably are doing some pretty hard driving.

I am with soopa... the CL is a great car and relatively problem free thus far esp for a first year redesign.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:02 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mINE HAD THE ACTULATER REPLACED, SUNROOF BOOM , AND NOW TRANNY.

sO I GOT A BAD ASS APPLE BUT STILL LOVE IT..

Originally posted by soopa

Anyway, nice update!
Old 10-22-2001, 05:58 PM
Banned

Originally posted by blxmjx
I totally have to disagree on this. There have been way too many problems with this generation tranny. They're are having problems with the cl and the tl trannies. The trannies are basically shit. They are on a national backorder of trannies right now, that basically tells you something. There have also been a ton of issues with the brake rotors, there have been many instances of brake rotors warping at barely over 15K on the odometer. This is unacceptable. I can honestly say that this is the poorest made acura that I've ever had.
Can we get confirmation on this by one of the Acura reps that frequent this board? Jens? That other guy?
Old 10-22-2001, 06:41 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess thier car had no transmission problems.
Old 10-23-2001, 12:38 AM
6SPDCLS

Their reported total mileage for this 1-year update review was:

9107 miles.

Perhaps the transmission will fail later on with more mileage?

Originally posted by Nicky Pass
I guess thier car had no transmission problems.