Question about lowering

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about lowering

I am a noob at this.....

I want to lower my car for the look and ride.... and i do not just want to change the springs (because i heard it's going to hurt the suspenision or smthing long term wise)...

i searched thru the forum....and didn't find enuf info i need

I want to lower the car long term wise.....what is the best thing to do out there?
I searched thru this forum and ppl usually use eibach pro kit or comptech..(but those are jsut the springs?)

I don't like the A-spec suspension because the lowering is too mild....any other cup-kit availiable out there for TSX? (or only H&R cup kit?)
Also..what are the price range?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2004, 01:22 AM
6 speed yo!

i lowered mine on springs....with stock shocks

if you lower the tsx ....

you'll need a camber kit for the rear (recommended) don't have kit not plannin on getting one.
get aftermarket shocks (recommended but not required) until shocks give out. (1-2 years) i am riding on stock and for now its prefect ride. not planing on getting new shocks for a while.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Intermediate

so if i get the springs....i will hv to change the shocks every two years?

is there anything between springs and coilovers???? like money wise..they are a big difference....

i heard that they hv cup-kits out there that include the shocks...around $600???
Old 11-03-2004, 06:14 AM
Race Director

Check out my thread in Aftermarket performance. Just the springs, will wear out your shocks, regardless of the company really, difference is small, and you will have to change them frequently,also like hondatuner said you will need a camber kit. I would like to get springs, which arent expensive, but i dont want to be bothered with install, then dealing with the problem 2 years from now, so im just going to bite the bullet and save up for a whole coilover setup.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Automobile Aficionado

go for a complete coilover setup(Tein or BuddyClub). Or get Eibach pro-kit, rear camber kit and koni yellow's. Both would get you a nice drop, excellant handling, above average quality, and a long life span. But be prepared to spend around a grand any way you lolok at it for a good setup.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Littering and.....

I went with eiback pro-kit springs for now. I know I'll have to bite the bullet in a couple years for new shocks. When that happens I'll get Koni Yellows.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:00 AM
6 speed yo!

i want my car to become a lil more bouncy to give a better effect of the h.i.d's lol
Old 11-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Intermediate

Can someone explain wut the camber kit is used for?

Also, how much are the koni yellow shocks? are there any other brands out there?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NJtsx
go for a complete coilover setup(Tein or BuddyClub). Or get Eibach pro-kit, rear camber kit and koni yellow's. Both would get you a nice drop, excellant handling, above average quality, and a long life span. But be prepared to spend around a grand any way you lolok at it for a good setup.
I'm looking to do the same thing and I'm interested in quality over price(within reason) and this sounds good to me, can you elaborate a little? And what does that camber kit do?
Old 11-04-2004, 12:28 AM
6 speed yo!

it adjust the wheels either for postive or negative camber.

camber means arched. camber kits corrects incorrect "arched" tires to maintain good tire life and to correct the rear wheels from "caving" or "arched" rather than straight.

in english....

maintains good tire life

corrects the caved in tire look.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

how much are the camber kit?

btw....if i purchase eibach pro kit..koni yellow's and camber ...should i install them at the same time?

or let the eibach spring run a little first....?? i saw see somewhere in the forum.....
Old 11-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by kel1020
how much are the camber kit?

btw....if i purchase eibach pro kit..koni yellow's and camber ...should i install them at the same time?

or let the eibach spring run a little first....?? i saw see somewhere in the forum.....
You should install the ProKit, the Koni's and the camber kit at the same time, but hold off on an alignment for a couple of weeks to let the new springs settle-in other words-reach their maximum drop.

BTW, have you seen the Koni's that Neuspeed sells for the TSX? They have more height adjustability then the standard Koni part#........
Old 11-04-2004, 08:43 AM
cmf
ATCer

I don't know that I'd wait a few weeks to get an alignment done. I'd get one done and then go back for another after time or see if the shop will realign it as part of the original price they are gonna charge. When I lowered my car, everything was off, way over tolerable factory limits. My car literally rode sideways after lowering. Depending on how many miles you drive everyday, waiting weeks is a bad idea if you ask me. My .02 though!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:54 AM
ABP TSX

Originally Posted by LannyM
You should install the ProKit, the Koni's and the camber kit at the same time, but hold off on an alignment for a couple of weeks to let the new springs settle-in other words-reach their maximum drop.

BTW, have you seen the Koni's that Neuspeed sells for the TSX? They have more height adjustability then the standard Koni part#........

That is the best suggestion if you are not going with coilovers. Unless you really need the adjustability, the described setup above is perfect.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:03 AM
6 speed yo!

i haven't gotten an alignment yet? when should i. i installed my springs on saturday. i was also told that it will get lower. im hoping its true. someone let me know thanks.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There's no picture of the new Koni on Neuspeed's site. I wonder if this is the "sleeved body" version...
Old 11-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by JTso
There's no picture of the new Koni on Neuspeed's site. I wonder if this is the "sleeved body" version...
They told me that there are 5 grooves instead of the standard Sports' 3 grooves. I asked howw many the rear had, as the standard Sport has 2, and he did not know. He said he would check but I never heard back from him........

What grooves are you running on your setup?
Old 11-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Neuspeed/Koni did this for previous Gen Accords as well.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
They told me that there are 5 grooves instead of the standard Sports' 3 grooves. I asked howw many the rear had, as the standard Sport has 2, and he did not know. He said he would check but I never heard back from him........

What grooves are you running on your setup?
I used the upper groove for the front, and the lower groove for the rear with Neuspeed sport springs.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Intermediate

I am probably going to purchase this setup(eibach, koni's and camber).....

but would anyone recomend neuspeed with koni's???

i think neuspeed has a lower drop.....

does anyone hv the pics of eibach pro kit and neuspeed springs? i wanna make a comparison.....
Old 11-05-2004, 02:51 AM
Intermediate

Anybody hv neuspeed and koni setup?? i need opinion fast...buying soon....
thanks...
Old 11-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by kel1020
Anybody hv neuspeed and koni setup?? i need opinion fast...buying soon....
thanks...
Neuspeed has two different springs for the TSX; Sport which is 1.5"F/1.0"R, and Race which is 2.25"F/1.75"R. The ProKit will likely drop a little more than the Sport, it's listed at 1.6"F/1.4"R on some sites and 1.2"F/1.3"R on others......

JTso has the Neuspeed Sport with the Koni's and his car looks perfect.

Plus, with the availability of the Koni's through Neuspeed, you could get the whole setup from a Neuspeed vendor and maybe save as part of a package deal. There's a guy on eBay with 100% feedback that sells Neuspeed stuff at hefty discounts. His eBay id is asw88.....
Old 11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Intermediate

I installed the Eibach, Koni, Comptech trio about a month ago. The handling difference is compelling, the TSX is now a completely different beast. I drove the car 2 weeks without a camber kit (had to order one, recommend Ingalls for superior adjustability and price) and no alignment. I had nearly 3 degrees of negative camber on my rear wheels !! The biggest drawback now is the crummy M+S tires (bigger wheels, sticky tires next year). I used the lowest perch setting on the Koni's and have them set at 1.5 turns. I have sacrificed the TSX's compliant ride for superior handling, the ride is definately alot choppier. I don't know how people can say their TSX rides better than stock with these updates, perhaps they have their Koni's in "soft" mode. I think 1.5 turns is about as deep as you want to go on the street, any further and bumpstop may be the only word you can say. I definately recommend this upgrade to any TSX owner who wants to take their car to another level.