just lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006 | 10:15 PM
Instructor

just lowering springs?

If i just decide to get lowering springs only for my car and no other suspension mods, how will that effect my suspension in the long run? will my suspension be okay if i replace only the springs? or should i just do the full coilver or shock kit?
thanks
Old 08-13-2006 | 10:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by iamandypark
If i just decide to get lowering springs only for my car and no other suspension mods, how will that effect my suspension in the long run? will my suspension be okay if i replace only the springs? or should i just do the full coilver or shock kit?
thanks
If you have the money and want a good ride just do the coil overs. You will blow out the factory struts after a while and get a shitty ride.
Old 08-13-2006 | 10:42 PM
Instructor

would something like this be okay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK...spagenameZWDVW
Old 08-13-2006 | 11:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by iamandypark
No I wouldnt go that route those are just sleeves that go on to your stock struts go with somting like tein basics or somthing.Stay away from all the cheap ebay stuff by the way how much are you looking to spend?
Old 08-14-2006 | 01:36 AM
OEM plus!

You already spent the money to get an Acura, don't look for the cheap way out when modding. If you want to lower your car get coilovers, as stated above or get a good cup kit. You have a lot of choices in the $600-$800 range. Try checking out the manufacturers Tein, Tanabe, Neuspeed/Koni etc.
Old 08-14-2006 | 03:23 AM
9th Gear

If you dont want to get coilovers (adjustable suspension) you could get some good springs and shocks.... alot of people have the Neuspeed supercup kit (Neuspeed springs/Koni shocks). For about 600 its a little cheaper, but if you got the cash the coilover set up is the best. Your mostlikely gonna have to get a camber kit, because the change in suspension will throw off your camber. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2006 | 05:22 AM
Time to Climb

i have tein s tech springs on stock shocks. that setup has been working fine for me. however, i will have to upgrade to aftermarket dampers by the end of the year. a couple affordable shock/spring combos are the new eibach pro damper kit or neuspeed springs with koni shocks. another things, once you lower your car, you're gonna have to buy a rear camber kit - preferably ingalls.
Old 08-16-2006 | 07:32 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by godfather2
i have tein s tech springs on stock shocks. that setup has been working fine for me. however, i will have to upgrade to aftermarket dampers by the end of the year. a couple affordable shock/spring combos are the new eibach pro damper kit or neuspeed springs with koni shocks. another things, once you lower your car, you're gonna have to buy a rear camber kit - preferably ingalls.
if i remember correctly, there were a few members that had been waiting for the eibach damper kit to come out... the release date kept getting pushed back (on tirerack's site), until eibach apparently decided to discontinue the project for the tsx altogether. has this since changed?
Old 08-16-2006 | 11:59 AM
無限 本田 CL9

Originally Posted by 03pcoupe
If you dont want to get coilovers (adjustable suspension) you could get some good springs and shocks.... alot of people have the Neuspeed supercup kit (Neuspeed springs/Koni shocks). For about 600 its a little cheaper, but if you got the cash the coilover set up is the best. Your mostlikely gonna have to get a camber kit, because the change in suspension will throw off your camber. Good luck.
thats what i dont understand... springs + shocks = roughly $600
tein basics = $700 with full height adjustability

why do people still get spring + shock combo? is saving $100 really that important?
Old 08-17-2006 | 01:37 AM
OEM plus!

Originally Posted by evo_to_tsx
thats what i dont understand... springs + shocks = roughly $600
tein basics = $700 with full height adjustability

why do people still get spring + shock combo? is saving $100 really that important?

The hundo isn't really that important, but some people will argue that the ride is more comfortable with the Koni super cup. Granted with the Teins, the height is more easily adjusted, but you could still adjust it on the Koni's too, just have to remove the damper. The Koni's win out over the Tein basic in one area, and that is damping adjustability. And there is quite a bit of difference from full soft to full hard, let me tell you. You can't get that with the basics. You can pay more money and get the next model higher of Teins, but then you are looking at 800-900.
Old 08-19-2006 | 02:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by amadeus303
if i remember correctly, there were a few members that had been waiting for the eibach damper kit to come out... the release date kept getting pushed back (on tirerack's site), until eibach apparently decided to discontinue the project for the tsx altogether. has this since changed?
i was possibly looking into the eibach pro dampening kit as well and i just found it on shox's website and modacar's as well.... http://www.modacar.com/products/Acur...mper+Kits.html

so is this finished then and it has been released? I checked Eibach's website and it doesn't show up yet but how do these other companies have it? Anyone have any other information on these.....and are they even good quality???