Buddy Club N+ Spec Review and Installed Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congratz. take some pix and write a review for us. thanks.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:15 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by kaikai114
I love your ride TSX Fury, very clean and damn... it's very low too. Try setting ur shocks to stiffest all around, you'll rip through corners like you're on rails, just not very @$$-friendly

-KC
I just saw this now, thanks man
Old 12-08-2005, 04:36 PM
JBW

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Wow that would be awesome man I got the height worked out now but I want to make sure the preload is at the correct setting. Thanks a lot

Email is tsx.fury@gmail.com

Hey TSX-Fury - where are you running height wise?? Getting ready to install my BC's and was wondering if you had any tips on where I should start with height adjustment - looking for about 1.75" - 2" drop ideally. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Installed Pics:

this aint low.

this is low.

tucking up front and back now thats what I am talking about.

only playing man you have them pretty low and that was the first time I had ever had them low for driving. I have been getting lower and lower as I perfect my driving skills of driving with a lowered car so as not to scrape the kit at all.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Buddyclub-CL9

Hi TSX,FURY and Marketman. I Have sent the English version Manual out by USPS mail. on Thuresday 12/8/05 .
Old 12-10-2005, 12:46 PM
JBW

Thanks BuddyClub-TSX! I certainly appreciate the help!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:44 PM
SI Drive

Well, just like Fury, I got my N+ Spec BC coilovers installed yesterday. I've had chance to run around in them and they feel awesome. Cutting through the canyons is much better with higher spring rates. I haven't gotten a chance to play around much with the dampening adjustments, but from my short time with them, stiffest to softest had a huge difference as to how the car rode/handled.

I will miss my Tanabes, but will be happy knowing that they will be going to a good home with a fellow board member.

Bottomline, I love these coilovers. I've ridden in cars with the Tein SS and I like these better for a few points: Pillowball upper mounts, higher spring rates (which some may not like), shock-length adjustable. In my opinion, for the price point, I think these may be a better value compared to the Tein SS.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 PM
JBW

Originally Posted by CobaltForge
Well, just like Fury, I got my N+ Spec BC coilovers installed yesterday. I've had chance to run around in them and they feel awesome. Cutting through the canyons is much better with higher spring rates. I haven't gotten a chance to play around much with the dampening adjustments, but from my short time with them, stiffest to softest had a huge difference as to how the car rode/handled.

I will miss my Tanabes, but will be happy knowing that they will be going to a good home with a fellow board member.

Bottomline, I love these coilovers. I've ridden in cars with the Tein SS and I like these better for a few points: Pillowball upper mounts, higher spring rates (which some may not like), shock-length adjustable. In my opinion, for the price point, I think these may be a better value compared to the Tein SS.

Good to hear this - I got mine last week but haven't had time to install yet. I talked to BuddyClub-TSX today and he was a big help with initial set up measurements - spring pre-load, etc. One thing I noticed tonight while I was measuring the spring for pre-load though. If you remove the adjustment bracket from the bottom of the coilover there is an anodized hex head - anybody have an idea what these are? Mine were finger loose - is this for damping adjustment access from the bottom of the shock? I turned them and they do not have clicks/detents like the damping adjusters on top so I am a little confused as to what they might be. If anybody out there has a clue please let me know.

Can't wait to get mine installed - maybe this weekend!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:50 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by marketman
Good to hear this - I got mine last week but haven't had time to install yet. I talked to BuddyClub-TSX today and he was a big help with initial set up measurements - spring pre-load, etc. One thing I noticed tonight while I was measuring the spring for pre-load though. If you remove the adjustment bracket from the bottom of the coilover there is an anodized hex head - anybody have an idea what these are? Mine were finger loose - is this for damping adjustment access from the bottom of the shock? I turned them and they do not have clicks/detents like the damping adjusters on top so I am a little confused as to what they might be. If anybody out there has a clue please let me know.

hey, wait a sec... was the spring load that came set from the factory not right? that might explain my slighty rough ride. Cobalt did you adjust the spring rate?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 PM
JBW

hey, wait a sec... was the spring load that came set from the factory not right? that might explain my slighty rough ride. Cobalt did you adjust the spring rate?

Mine were close from the factory but one was off about 9mm and the others were within 2-3 mm- the perch nut was loose on the one that was 9mm off- Measurements from bottom perch to top perch for front are supposed to be 200mm and 240mm for the rear based on what Albert told me today. These measurements are to be taken prior to install. Albert may be able to tell you how to check once they are installed
Old 12-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Buddyclub-CL9

Please dont touch that.
Only the KNOB on the top mount is for damping adjust

thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 01:10 AM
SI Drive

Did not preload the springs at all. Actually, I got them installed, but the installer did ask me if I wanted some preload. I told them no. Fury, now that you've had them for a while, what do you think of them? I love them for the performance aspect!
Old 12-16-2005, 06:59 AM
JBW

Originally Posted by BuddyClub-TSX
Please dont touch that.
Only the KNOB on the top mount is for damping adjust

thanks

OK - Is it OK that they are finger loose though?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
only playing man you have them pretty low and that was the first time I had ever had them low for driving. I have been getting lower and lower as I perfect my driving skills of driving with a lowered car so as not to scrape the kit at all.
so you have been doing alignment over and over again?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Buddyclub-CL9

OK - Is it OK that they are finger loose though?
For spring?
Old 12-17-2005, 12:58 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Important Correction to the Review!

Ok, this sounds dumb... but I thought I had the coils on the softest setting but I must have had them on the stiffest setting I finally got a chance to play with them today, this is the first set of coils I have had that have dampening adjustment and I'm surprised it makes that big of a difference. So they ride a lot nicer now that I have them on a softer setting. +1 for the BC's

I also took all the wheels off today to just check to see how everything is doing in the snow/salt. There was a lot of crap in the threads. Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to wrap some electrical tape around the threads to protect them? I'm not worried about the threads really but the stuff that is getting down into the threads the collar sits on. I had to adjust the rears and when I did so I could hear a lot of stuff in the lower collar...

So, anyone think that's a bad idea? *cough* Lanny *cough*
Old 12-17-2005, 02:27 PM
JBW

Ok, this sounds dumb... but I thought I had the coils on the softest setting but I must have had them on the stiffest setting I finally got a chance to play with them today, this is the first set of coils I have had that have dampening adjustment and I'm surprised it makes that big of a difference. So they ride a lot nicer now that I have them on a softer setting. +1 for the BC's

I also took all the wheels off today to just check to see how everything is doing in the snow/salt. There was a lot of crap in the threads. Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to wrap some electrical tape around the threads to protect them? I'm not worried about the threads really but the stuff that is getting down into the threads the collar sits on. I had to adjust the rears and when I did so I could hear a lot of stuff in the lower collar...

So, anyone think that's a bad idea? *cough* Lanny *cough*

Only thing about wrapping the threads with electical tape is that it will possibly trap in moisture/salt etc. and increase your chances for corrosion. I know they are anodized but I assume with enough exposure they will corrode.

Now that you have the damping figured out where did you end up seeting it at? Am I correct in that clockwise is hard and counterclockwise is soft?
Old 04-10-2006, 02:00 AM
Got Milk???

TSX.Fury & Marketman, what dampening settings do you guys have right now???

KC
Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 AM
8th Gear

TSX.Fury, are you selling your Tanabe's? If you are please let me know, thanks.

IM and email = raykho1@hotmail
Old 04-10-2006, 11:09 AM
JBW

Originally Posted by kaikai114
TSX.Fury & Marketman, what dampening settings do you guys have right now???

KC

I am running 2 back from full soft on both front and rear
Old 04-10-2006, 11:33 AM
send me a link to JDM??

I'm running 4 up from softest all around.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Got Milk???

How low are you guys dropped front and back? I'll be joining you guys in a day or so

KC