Specs dont lie PEOPLE DO
Old 11-20-2003, 12:05 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by illmeltxwithyou
So what mag do we believe?

Specs dont lie PEOPLE DO
You can believe them all, because they're all true. Now I know your a Noob.

Mag numbers can only mean so much, that I think judging by all the differrent times we've seen, that is obvious.

Each of those tests had different results because

-Different drivers
-Different temperature's
-Different testing surface
-Different Elevation

When I see mag results I use +/- 5% . The time could be 5% better or worse depending on the conditions and driver.

The only mag numbers that I would put stock in are head to head comparo's where the cars are tested at the same time, on the same track with most likely the same driver. Thats why the MT article is such a good idication of how its stacks up against the competition. It beat the 210HP/220lb-ft Saab 9-3 in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

Now stop being such a Noob and wake up
Old 11-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by domn
You can believe them all, because they're all true. Now I know your a Noob.

Mag numbers can only mean so much, that I think judging by all the differrent times we've seen, that is obvious.

Each of those tests had different results because

-Different drivers
-Different temperature's
-Different testing surface
-Different Elevation

When I see mag results I use +/- 5% . The time could be 5% better or worse depending on the conditions and driver.

The only mag numbers that I would put stock in are head to head comparo's where the cars are tested at the same time, on the same track with most likely the same driver. Thats why the MT article is such a good idication of how its stacks up against the competition. It beat the 210HP/220lb-ft Saab 9-3 in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

Now stop being such a Noob and wake up
A noob huh, maybe you should stop making up words? Because I got two times from two different cars out of the same mag? I guess you still missed my point I never said that the TSX is really any faster. You are right it does matter on the driver. It also depends on a lot of other factors. I race my friends SVT all the time. He has won 3 out of like 10 to 15 times. But, we race manly on the freeway. Anyways I'm going ot say it ONE MORE TIME. My point was and still is. That the SVT (with no mods) did NOT I REPEAT "DID NOT" kill the TSX 6mt like he claims and lost with EVEN a head start. THAT’S MY POINT! GET IT? If you do not get it then I am going to stick with my assumption that you are a moron.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:36 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Your calling me a Moron? Nowhere in any of my posts did I claim that the SVT Focus would crush a TSX like NJTSX made it seem in his earlier posts. I do however believe that the Focus is a quicker car 0-60 all things being equal.

But who really cares? You should'nt be racing your TSX anyway and the TSX is far superior to the SVT in every other conceivable way.

My only argument with you (and I think we're big enough to handle things like adults here) is that you quoted ONE magazine time and treated that like the Bible for TSX acceleration. You called me a liar and wanted proof. I gave you that proof (every other member knew those times) and then you come back and say "So which times should we believe?" I mean, are you serious? I then gave you the reasons as to why mag times are different and yet you still call me a moron?

Anyway, who cares, this argument is going nowhere and agree with your last point. There's no way NJtsx was crushed by the SVT, BUT he explained that in his post, the post before you called him a moron, did you see it? he said he was beaten by a tick with two other people in the car and you still called him a moron.

BTW, a Noob is someone who's new to a site. Its not meant to be offensive.

Come join us in the "moron" Thread over in Off-Topic, you'll fit right in.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Über Geek

Originally posted by Soze75
I think your grammar and spelling absolutely sucks:P
Um, Mr. President…don't you mean "absolutelysuck"?
Old 11-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Advanced

Your calling me a Moron? Nowhere in any of my posts did I claim that the SVT Focus would crush a TSX like NJTSX made it seem in his earlier posts. I do however believe that the Focus is a quicker car 0-60 all things being equal.

But who really cares? You should'nt be racing your TSX anyway and the TSX is far superior to the SVT in every other conceivable way.

My only argument with you (and I think we're big enough to handle things like adults here) is that you quoted ONE magazine time and treated that like the Bible for TSX acceleration. You called me a liar and wanted proof. I gave you that proof (every other member knew those times) and then you come back and say "So which times should we believe?" I mean, are you serious? I then gave you the reasons as to why mag times are different and yet you still call me a moron?

Anyway, who cares, this argument is going nowhere and agree with your last point. There's no way NJtsx was crushed by the SVT, BUT he explained that in his post, the post before you called him a moron, did you see it? he said he was beaten by a tick with two other people in the car and you still called him a moron.

BTW, a Noob is someone who's new to a site. Its not meant to be offensive.

Come join us in the "moron" Thread over in Off-Topic, you'll fit right in.
my god I never called you a MORON I said "if" you didn't what I was saying that im going to assume ou are one. This is out of hand I don't care anymore.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

illmeltxwithyou, it's at least the 3rd time in this thread that you say you don't care about something you've been arguing about, explaining and counter-explaining your point. But then, as soon as one of us brings up some argument or point that corners you, you just let it go as if nothing was and say you didn't care about it anyway, while taking good care beforehand of insulting and calling names senior members and moderators here.

I call this attitude hypocritical, very childish, and a loser attitude. You can't admit you've gone too far, were not exactly right in your statements, thus turn around and minimise what you said to the point it means nothing so that you can dismiss this "loss" because it really wasn't one, because after all it didn't mean anything to you.

You are one of the worst types of members to deal with on internet forums because you try to set your rules but are not willing to play by them in case you'd be defeated by them.

You are a loser and a troll. Get lost, and once again and for the 3rd time in this thread, :noob:
Old 11-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by sauceman

illmeltxwithyou, it's at least the 3rd time in this thread that you say you don't care about something you've been arguing about, explaining and counter-explaining your point. But then, as soon as one of us brings up some argument or point that corners you, you just let it go as if nothing was and say you didn't care about it anyway, while taking good care beforehand of insulting and calling names senior members and moderators here.

I call this attitude hypocritical, very childish, and a loser attitude. You can't admit you've gone too far, were not exactly right in your statements, thus turn around and minimise what you said to the point it means nothing so that you can dismiss this "loss" because it really wasn't one, because after all it didn't mean anything to you.

You are one of the worst types of members to deal with on internet forums because you try to set your rules but are not willing to play by them in case you'd be defeated by them.

You are a loser and a troll. Get lost, and once again and for the 3rd time in this thread, :noob:

Baby want a bottle? Don't be so hard on me he asked what my point was and he still doesnt get it. Simple as that.

Oh and was I talking to you? Nope.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:02 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by sauceman

Someone buy this man a drink

Lets not be to hard on the Noob Sauceman, afterall he does drive a TSX so he is one of us Imean if he drove a Lexus, BMW or Saab we'd kick him out like the bum he is.

Lets hope he's learned his lesson and learns to use the search button

And respect the knowledge of more senior members. I mean I may not know much but don't question me about 0-60 and 1/4 times. I have every MotorTrend, Car and Driver and Road and Track since 1993.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:07 PM
Advanced

Someone buy this man a drink

Lets not be to hard on the Noob Sauceman, afterall he does drive a TSX so he is one of us Imean if he drove a Lexus, BMW or Saab we'd kick him out like the bum he is.

Lets hope he's learned his lesson and learns to use the search button

And respect the knowledge of more senior members. I mean I may not know much but don't question me about 0-60 and 1/4 times. I have every MotorTrend, Car and Driver and Road and Track since 1993.

WOOOOOO! :whocares: Come guys I know you can it in your heart to forgive me.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cheers Domn.

illmeltxwithyou, take some time to get acquainted with this forum, read the threads, know the members before adopting such a "high profile". It'll spare you from looking foolish.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Audi Driving Snob

sauceman gets the last word...I can feel the love