Whistle

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whistle

So i had the front windshield creak problem and my dealer replaced the windshield and moldings. From then on i could hear more road noise and a whistling sound comming from my whipers. So i complained and they said it was a bad seal and i'd have to schedule another apt to fix it. did that. still hear it.
Am i just too picky and everybody can hear that noise at about 40 mph?
maybe i'm going crazy but i bet they didn't do anything when i took it in.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:44 PM
chw
3rd Gear

You know I have the same problem on mine. I never had my wind shield replaced but when ever I drive above 50mph, i hear a whistle coming from the passenger side of the car. They are ordering a new window seal for the front passenger door for me. I hope that will fix the problem.

Hey I used to live in Timonium also. First time I ever seen anyone from Timonium on this board.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by chw

Hey I used to live in Timonium also. First time I ever seen anyone from Timonium on this board.
there is one other user on this board that i know lives in timonium. but i havn't seen much from her lately.

acutally i just moved to columbia so i should really update my info.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Instructor

HELLO! I am still here...just been really busy lately! I am still in Timonium and love it! Oh and to not totally ##### up your thread I guess I should say something about the Whistle...haha I have none!
Old 04-13-2004, 01:28 PM
chw
3rd Gear

Hi Smock9, the acura service person just called me to let me know the whistle was caused by the passenger side mirror. Don't ask me why but they took the whole mirror off and the wistle went away. They are ordering a new passenger side mirror for me and hopefully the whistle will be gone. Have you gotten your whistle fixed yet?
Old 04-13-2004, 01:35 PM
such a dirty birdy

Whoo Whoo!
Old 04-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by chw
Hi Smock9, the acura service person just called me to let me know the whistle was caused by the passenger side mirror. Don't ask me why but they took the whole mirror off and the wistle went away. They are ordering a new passenger side mirror for me and hopefully the whistle will be gone. Have you gotten your whistle fixed yet?
no i have not. arg! mine is definately comming from the whipers though. when you turn them on and they move to the up position, the sound goes away.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:04 PM
chw
3rd Gear

Fixed

Okay, It was the mirror. Not sure why since it look perfectly fine. Now I have a brand new mirror and the Whistle is gone.

Have you tried replacing the whole wipers (or just take them off) and see if the whistle is still there?
Old 05-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Advanced

The problem will be fixed by replacing the side mirror. After five trips to the dealer with unsuccesful results, they changed the mirror and my "boiling tea kettle" whistling noise is gone. Don't let them waste time if you are having this problem. Tell them to substitute the mirror with another and test drive it. Change the mirror. I have completely new pieces on my driver side door because they tried changing all the seals, run channels, adjusting the window height etc... This problem drove me insane and must have done the same to my dealer who had to deal with me five times for the same issue.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSriX
The problem will be fixed by replacing the side mirror. After five trips to the dealer with unsuccesful results, they changed the mirror and my "boiling tea kettle" whistling noise is gone. Don't let them waste time if you are having this problem. Tell them to substitute the mirror with another and test drive it. Change the mirror. I have completely new pieces on my driver side door because they tried changing all the seals, run channels, adjusting the window height etc... This problem drove me insane and must have done the same to my dealer who had to deal with me five times for the same issue.
did your whistle sound like it was comming from the door or from the front center of the windshield? mine comes from the center.
This is now the 2nd or 3rd time the dealer(s) (i moved) have worked on this problem. This time they've had it for 2 weeks and can't get it to go away. At this point they're removing the glass all together and rplacing / reseating it. we'll see.... Of course this means i still don't get my car back for another half week at lest.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Littering and.....

Originally Posted by TSriX
Mine sounds more like water boiling, before the tea kettle starts to whistle. Could it be the same thing? I'm almost certain it's coming from that area.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Well, since this has been reborn, we are having a thread on the window creak https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3019. Other then the whistle, did replcing the window and the molding stop the creaking??? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wsklar
Well, since this has been reborn, we are having a thread on the window creak https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3019. Other then the whistle, did replcing the window and the molding stop the creaking??? Thanks.
yes. the first thing that i had done in that area was a molding replacement. stopped the creaks the first time. This however caused the whistle i believe...
Old 10-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by smock9
yes. the first thing that i had done in that area was a molding replacement. stopped the creaks the first time. This however caused the whistle i believe...
Not sure what is worse, the creak is very loud though. It's the worst noise I heard in any of my cars...