TSX 08 Daytime Runing Lights USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:16 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSX 08 Daytime Runing Lights USA

Folks,

I am wondering if it's ok to keep the parkign/headlights always ON as a substitute to the DRL. Am looking at Daytime lights as a safety feature.

Has anyone tried keeping lights always ON? Any Cons - excess battery consumption etc?

Another issue I am facing is with the headlight on display signal on the dashboard. Whenever i switch on the parking lights, the green headlight display gets ON. I now switch the headlight to low beam, there is no display change. Is that the way TSX works?

Thanks in advance.
-M.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I always drive with my headlights on. I suppose this will lead me to needing new bulbs sooner rather than later but even at the marked up dealer prices, all it has to do is prevent minor accident and they pay for themselves.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Cruisin'

Drl

Hi M,

Check out the following website for a universal DRL. It lights up the amber turn signals 3X as bright as when in parking mode. I had mine wired so it lights up the front turn signal (between the hi/low beam) lights. It really stands out and gives my 05 TSX a unique look. My daily driver is a Yaris S Sedan and I've put not only the DRL module on, but also the pulsing brakelight, which activates the center mount brakelight.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

Doug
Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by LukeaTron
I always drive with my headlights on. I suppose this will lead me to needing new bulbs sooner rather than later but even at the marked up dealer prices, all it has to do is prevent minor accident and they pay for themselves.
LukeaTron,

Thanks, I tried to do the same - kept my parking lights on forever. Now, I hear this annoying sound everytime I take the keys out of the car or I get in ...it's the beep sounds reminding me that the lights are on......How did you get away with that?

-M
Old 06-23-2008, 01:36 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Douglas007
Hi M,

Check out the following website for a universal DRL. It lights up the amber turn signals 3X as bright as when in parking mode. I had mine wired so it lights up the front turn signal (between the hi/low beam) lights. It really stands out and gives my 05 TSX a unique look. My daily driver is a Yaris S Sedan and I've put not only the DRL module on, but also the pulsing brakelight, which activates the center mount brakelight.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

Doug
Doug,

I don't won't to play modify the lights - there is a chance of short-circuits and the Honda warranty will be void if I modify the car. Just looking for safer workarounds.

-M
Old 06-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Racer

I drive with my lights on all the time....I've never had a problem with it - or any of my other cars....
Old 06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's just part of my automatic routine getting into and out of the car. Sit down, clutch in, key in, turn key, turn lights on, seatbelt on, go. I've been doing it for so long that I don't even think about it. I also turn the dimmer all the way down on the dash lights when the lights are off so I'll recognize right away if I forget to turn my lights on.