Strange TSX Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 07:55 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange TSX Problem

Hello,

I bought my TSX about 10 days ago. On Monday, I was unable to unlock the car with either of the key fobs. Although the red light was flashing, the fob would neither open the trunk nor unlock any of the doors (panic button also didn't work). Once I was inside the car, the turn signals, outside temp indicator, door locks, parking/fog lights, hi-beams, windshield washer, and intermittant/mist wipers did not work. However, if I opened the driver's door, everything worked fine (with the exception of the fobs). On Tuesday morning, I took the car into the dealer. Today, Thursday, they were finally able to look at it. After reprogramming the key fobs, they checked the car and said everything was fine. By the time I arrived to pick up the car this evening, the fobs no longer worked and the same problems existed (again, problems disappeared if driver's door was left open).

Has anyone experienced a problem similiar to this? It seems like the door has something to do with the problem. Hopefully, this isn't an omen of more problems to come.

Thanks,

cb
Old 03-12-2004, 06:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had no issues like this at all nor have I heard of anyone having these issues. Obviously there is a little gremlin in the computer somewhere. Did you leave the car there? Continue to demonstrate this to them until its fixed. If you continue to have issues, I would seriously consider having them replace the car and compensate you with a rental and some services at minimum. May be asking a lot but if you are experiencing these issue within a month, I would ask the sales guy if he'd swap you cars then.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: Strange TSX Problem

Originally posted by cobra74
Hello,

I bought my TSX about 10 days ago. On Monday, I was unable to unlock the car with either of the key fobs. Although the red light was flashing, the fob would neither open the trunk nor unlock any of the doors (panic button also didn't work). Once I was inside the car, the turn signals, outside temp indicator, door locks, parking/fog lights, hi-beams, windshield washer, and intermittant/mist wipers did not work. However, if I opened the driver's door, everything worked fine (with the exception of the fobs). On Tuesday morning, I took the car into the dealer. Today, Thursday, they were finally able to look at it. After reprogramming the key fobs, they checked the car and said everything was fine. By the time I arrived to pick up the car this evening, the fobs no longer worked and the same problems existed (again, problems disappeared if driver's door was left open).

Has anyone experienced a problem similiar to this? It seems like the door has something to do with the problem. Hopefully, this isn't an omen of more problems to come.

Thanks,

cb
ill take a shot here, it sounds like a loose fuse in the fuse box, i dont know why the door being open has anything to do with it though, perhaps the dome light circuit being on has somthing to do with it?
my guess is that the problem was not present when it was taken to the dealer.
if it were me i would try 1 by 1 wiggling fuses in the drivers side kick panel with some of these accessories switched on. if you have a bad connection on a fuse they will work intermittantly when you touch that fuse.
you may want to actually try turning the wipers and turnsignals on and press and release the pin switch that activates the dome lights in the drivers side door jamb with the door open. this will verify if the items work because the dome light comes on or if it has somthing to do with the wires in the drivers door.
if it has somthing to do with the physical movement of the wires when the door closes my guess would be that there is a loose connector in the drivers side kick panel. (though i still dont get why it would have anything to do with the wipers and T/S) if the door locks dont work it is very possible you have a plug not plugged in all the way in the door jamb because the locks , windows , mirrors, audio for driver door ect... all run through a plug in the driver door.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:18 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for both of your replies. I visited the dealership again this morning, primarily to pick-up a new loaner after the one I had was rear-ended on the way to work. The service manager looked over the car with me and, of course, it was working fine this morning. He agrees there is something amiss and does think the door has something to do with it but is also concerned as to why it alternates between working and not working. I hadn't thought about the dome light or driver side fuses being related but that does make sense. His initial thought is that it has something to do with the new "multi-plex" wiring they use on the TSX but it sounds like it may take them awhile to figure it out. I suppose they may need to wait until it decides to "act up" again.

And, yes, I do believe the car is possessed with a "little gremlin".

cb