View Poll Results: Have you had the center console lights out problem?
Yes, and I have Navigation.
18.93%
Yes, and I don't have Navigation.
44.36%
No.
36.71%
Voters: 523. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: '04 TSX and the problem with the center console lights going out.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought an 04 about a month ago. Until reading this thread I thought the heating and cooling system was just suppose to be dark >.>. Also, When i bought it to the dealer, they said nothing was wrong, that it was normal. smh AZ>Certified Mechanics
Old 12-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Instructor

My PCB was replaced at about four years/ 50K miles (no charge.) Now, at 8.5 years and 113K the bottom half of center console lights are going dim again.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bricel24
Bought my 04 AT NAV back in June this year and it already had the center console lights out. The car had 157K miles so definitely not gonna argue for a TSB :P

Planning to get a PCB soon.
So I bought and installed a new PCB 2 days ago. When I tested, all the buttons lit up EXCEPT the complete row below the screen (nav buttons). Also all of a sudden my CD changer/player no longer works. And worst of all, the buttons that lit up and the cubby light STAYED dimly lit up even though the car is off and locked. It obviously drained the battery overnight.

Called the local dealer I bought the PCB from and offered to send a new one, hand-delivered to me as a courtesy with the thought of the first one being faulty. I replaced it again this morning, same issue.

Had enough. Dropped the car off at the dealer for them to diagnose tomorrow. Glad their flat fee is not that expensive. I don't have all the time to deal with this. The install is really straight forward and I am not incompetent to these things as I mostly work on my cars myself. Something else had gone wrong for sure when swapping the PCB out.

Will keep posted.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM
7th Gear

Today, the display on my radio and clock won't turn on. The heating controls and display still works though. And all of the lights on the buttons work.

The radio will play sound, but the display does not work and I can't press any of the buttons except on/off and volume.

Is this a problem with the PCB or something else? The TSB says the problem you should hear sound, but no display and lights should not work at all on the radio/HVAC. My lights do work though...

Also, I have an 05 TSX non-navi so I guess the its not covered by the warranty anymore. Does much did you gets get quoted to have it fixed? Or did you fix it yourself?

Last edited by Hswap; 12-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Hswap
Today, the display on my radio and clock won't turn on. The heating controls and display still works though. And all of the lights on the buttons work.

The radio will play sound, but the display does not work and I can't press any of the buttons except on/off and volume.

Is this a problem with the PCB or something else? The TSB says the problem you should hear sound, but no display and lights should not work at all on the radio/HVAC. My lights do work though...

Also, I have an 05 TSX non-navi so I guess the its not covered by the warranty anymore. Does much did you gets get quoted to have it fixed? Or did you fix it yourself?
Pic (radio is on/screen blank and clock too)
Poll: '04 TSX and the problem with the center console lights going out.-f3iw2.jpg
Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
9th Gear

I bought my '04 TSX the second month it came out (in May of 2003), and the dash light problem had already occurred. As I didn't know any better, I'll sheepishly admit that I drove it for around 5 years before coming across the problem description online. I contacted my dealer (the same dealer who sold me the car and services it for me), and they were able to get the electronic component fixed for free under goodwill.