Please HELP Fog Light Installation Wiring Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:18 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please HELP Fog Light Installation Wiring Issues

Hey I recently purchased a set of MAGIC DRIFT OEM Fog Lights for my 2004 Acura TSX. The issue I am having is that it did not come with instructions or a wiring diagram. If anyone could help me and tell me which each wire is for it would be very useful. Also the switch it came with is not the oem one that goes on signal column it is a switch that goes down by the VSA switch.

The wires comming out of the switch are

Black
Red Yellow
Green
White and Black (this wire comes out of the switch and goes back in on a different pin??)

Thats really all i need to know since the other wires all plug into eachother

If you can help its greatly appreciated or if you have bought these same lights and had a similar problem that would be helpful too

thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM
2nd Gear

Nobody can help?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Advanced

By convention.. Red/Yellow would be the 12V, Black being ground. Usually it would only be one wire running to the fog lamps.. unless there's a relay involved or.. one wire for left/right fog lamp?

This is all speculation though. I suggest taking a multimeter and perform a continuity test across Red/Yellow and the Green.

PS Are you saying the White/black loops back into the same clip?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
The black and white wire looping back into the switch is probably a 12v positive wire to power up some sort of switch illumination. Either for an indicator light to let you know the fogs are on or just to light up the switch itself.

By convention, the black would be a ground.
The red and yellow would be a 12v positive.
And the green might be a signal wire. Are these supposed to turn on the with the headlights like the OEM lights or operate by switch only? Maybe it's an input for keyed power so the lights only come on when the keys are in the ACC or RUN positions only.

Is there a relay included? Might there be a relay built into the switch?

Best thing to do might be to sit down a multimeter and run it across the switch. With the switch on find the two pins show continuity, but don't when the switch is off. That would be the positive for the lights (or the negative depending on how you want to wire it, the switch can either break the pos or the neg end of the circuit, but having it break the positive recommended generally for safety reasons.)

Can you post some pics of everything included in the kit, including some close ups of the front and back of the switch and any relays?