Navi question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 09:58 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi question

Hello Fellow TSXers -

So I took my car in for rattling noise last week. Turns out there was something wrong with the drivers side lock and they had to order a part. It was also making a grinding noise when unlocked.

Anyway, they had to keep the car overnight. Were supposed to also fix the center concole (the top portion doesn't stay down like it should)--they said they "replaced the clips"...still doesn't work.

Anyway, I picked up the car on Wednesday and went on vacation. Today was the first day I really drove it and noticed that the audio/cd screens didn't look the same as they did before I took the car in. In addition, it seems like there's a lag in the response time from pushing the talk button to the little beep letting you know to speak.

Also, both lights on the "auto" and "recirculate" buttons blink now after the command has been execuited--I'm assuming to confirm the procedure--but this nevere happened before.

I also noticed that no matter what road I'm on it is displayed as "Unknown Road"...WTF?

Has anyone else experienced this? My initial thought is that perhaps while they had it in the shp they updated the navi software or something...but, it pisses me off if they did, because they didn't tell me and it wasn't listed on the work order/invoice.

Anyone else experience this? Thoghts/ideas to share?

Thanks in advance -
Old 07-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Glad I did not get NAV
Old 07-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Intermediate

There is nothing wrong with nav.
read nav manual and see all setup steps, for 'unnamed road' problem you have to match your navigation's setup with any Acura/Honda dealership location.
Any dealer will help you, it is all under warranty.
I do have 2 cars with nav, Accord 2003 (for 2 years) and the TSX - both are excellent.
Once you've learned how to use this device, you can't imagine your life without it.

I've tested navigation systems in Nissan Maxima and Toyota Camry, none of them even close to Honda/Acura.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shorei
Glad I did not get NAV
No you're not.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:42 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by yuri2i
There is nothing wrong with nav.
read nav manual and see all setup steps, for 'unnamed road' problem you have to match your navigation's setup with any Acura/Honda dealership location.
Any dealer will help you, it is all under warranty.
I do have 2 cars with nav, Accord 2003 (for 2 years) and the TSX - both are excellent.
Once you've learned how to use this device, you can't imagine your life without it.

I've tested navigation systems in Nissan Maxima and Toyota Camry, none of them even close to Honda/Acura.

There is nothing listed under 'unknown road' in the manual. I dropped it off at the delearship today and they are keeping it until tomrrow. Apparently they have a technician looking at it and they believe it just needs to be reset? Whatever that entails.

It is under warranty, and yes, you're correct, I could never have another car w/o one. We have an MDX w/ nav and our previous SUV was an Infiniti QX4 w/ nav. So far, I say that Acrua and Infiniti navs are the best.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:56 PM
8th Gear

Question re: navi...

Hello! I don't have any cars with NAV yet, probably because I am very good with maps and it usually takes my only one visit somewhere to remember how to get there again. My friends refer to me as the Map Master. So as a fan of geography, although I don't think I need a NAV system, it still seems very cool. My question is for the people that say they wouldn't get another car without NAV: what is the best thing about the NAV? Is it that you now can see where you are all the time, or because you punch in addresses instead of looking at a map or is there some other feature you didn't anticipate that has now changed your life. My current car has a trip computer that tells me average speed, time-to-arrival, distance traveled, miles left with available gas, etc. and that has satisfied me so far but the NAV idea is interesting and the 'start-up screen' on the TSX brochure looks really cool so I'm tempted. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by FASTER345
My question is for the people that say they wouldn't get another car without NAV: what is the best thing about the NAV? Is it that you now can see where you are all the time, or because you punch in addresses instead of looking at a map or is there some other feature you didn't anticipate that has now changed your life.
Yes to all.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Intermediate

Just wait a littler bit, I do believe that in 5 years from now, the nav will be installed in all cars, will be as usual as a stereo.
The problem in today's nav that it does required just a little computer skill from people why are using it, so as all kids are very match computerized today, everybody will be educated enough to use any computer based device in their cars in the future.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:30 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by yuri2i
Just wait a littler bit, I do believe that in 5 years from now, the nav will be installed in all cars, will be as usual as a stereo.
The problem in today's nav that it does required just a little computer skill from people why are using it, so as all kids are very match computerized today, everybody will be educated enough to use any computer based device in their cars in the future.
I agree that all cars will very shortly have a nav system, but I disagree that it takes much skill to use it. At least not in Acura's system.