Loud noise when making sharp turns at low speeds

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:42 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loud noise when making sharp turns at low speeds

Good afternoon everyone,

I was hoping someone might have a little insight into a problem that my '05 TSX has been having lately. I went through the posts and couldn't find anything like it.

Whenever I make a sharp left hand turn at low speeds (about 5 mph or so), there is a loud creaking/squeaking type noise that sounds like it is coming from the left front tire area. I have never noticed it when making right hand turns. It doesn't do it all the time though. When I pick my wife up from work, I make the same turn every day into the parking lot and the car only makes the noise every 3rd day or so.

Just as an interesting observation, I did notice that my car has gone through some of the same problems that others have noted.

Steering wheel shaking during braking - new rotors
Passenger side door actuator going out - warranty
Condensation in headlight (3 times) - warranty

Any help on this recent development is greatly appreciated and any advice on problems that others have experienced that I should be on the lookout for as my car gets older (about 50k miles) would be great.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I had something that I would describe as sort of a "squeaking" sound when I turned full lock. My power steering fluid was low. I topped it off and the sound went away. you can check yours by looking at the reservoir on the passenger side of the engine compartment. not sure if this is the same thing though.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I've had the same metal creaking/clunking sound for as long as I've had my car, which is coming up on 3 years. I'm at 46k miles now. I can't tell if it's coming from a wheel or what, but it's from the front of the car somewhere. It happens at low speeds when turning, but not all the time. I had the dealer check it out, but they were unable to find anything. I've learned to ignore it.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:22 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by stewie20068
I had something that I would describe as sort of a "squeaking" sound when I turned full lock. My power steering fluid was low. I topped it off and the sound went away. you can check yours by looking at the reservoir on the passenger side of the engine compartment. not sure if this is the same thing though.
Thanks for the power steering fluid idea. I'll check it out in the morning. If that doesn't fix it, I'll add it to my list of things to ask the dealer to look at for me.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

i just started having this problem. i figured it was the power steering. anyone know any other fixes? i am pretty sure all my fluids are topped off.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:34 AM
7th Gear

Since I got an email saying someone had made a new post in the thread, I figure I'd come back and give a little update.

I took my car to the dealership a couple days after I made my post and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I had checked the power steering fluid and it appeared to be fine. It hasn't made the noise for a while now. So I guess all I really had to add was... I don't know what the problem was.

The right front brake was also making a little squealing sound at low speeds. I knew it wasn't the wear indicator because I had just had the brakes replaced a couple months before and could see there was plenty of pad left. The dealer told me it could have been the fact that since I have after market rotors and pads they might not be lining up (those might not have been the exact words, but it was something along those lines) and there really wasn't anything to do about it. That sounded a little odd to me, but since I don't know a whole lot about cars, I took his word for it.

Anyone have any thoughts on that? My friend helped me install some Brembo rotors and Hawk HPS pads after we found out the original rotors were warped.

As always, thanks for the help.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone check the clearence on your dirt shields on the backside of the rotor? Additionally, since you had your brakes replaced, have you verified that everything is install correctly and torqued (thinking the caliper could be loose)?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Intermediate

Question squeaks when turning full right

I have the same problem on my 04 TSX 5AT...
when I park at home or at the mall and I have to make a full right turn, I often hear a squeak like something is rubbing... I think it's the passenger side rear brake doing that... maybe the pads are rubbing because of the sharp turn???
Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it could be your heat sheild.. my bro has a similar problem with his rsx. his heat shield is off and it is rubbing. it makes a loud rubbing sound.....
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts
cv boots???....might cause creaking but I don't think the squeaking...