Locksmith Immbolizer Problems 2007 TSX's

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:18 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Locksmith Immbolizer Problems 2007 TSX's

Hey so I went with my FLBUSA TL Switchblade key to one of the locksmith's that FLBUSA has listed on the list. I drove around 12miles and went through a toll to get to this locksmith who has successfully done 2006's in the past. The guys there were very knowledgeable and very nice, especially the old one. It seemed to me that they specialize in Japanese and American ignition switches.

I double parked outside the shop and went in with my stock key so that he can cut the key. He cut the key very precisely and I've tested it on all the locking mechanisms and thank god no problems. I followed the locksmith to my car where he connected his handheld diagnostic programmer. He plugged it in and punched in some codes to the device but he recieved no response. He attempted again, but same issue. The senior lockmith told me that the machine states that it can program 2007's but maybe not late ones since I purchaed my TSX last month which was a direct order from Japan and had only 1 mile on it. He also said that the company they deal with is in California and is called "Advance". They purchase immobilizer codes and challenge codes from them frequently. Sadly they are only reacheable on weekdays.

The locksmith said to give him a call where he will check with the devices manufacturer to see why the process was unsuccessful. I was really hoping that I could get it done today as I were already pissed that I missed the exit that got me to the place without having to pay a toll. Anyhow this leaves me to ask does anyone know why this turned out unsucessful for me , why it was not able to be done, and steps I should take from here? Now that the key was cut for free should I just try to slip it to one of the service men at the dealer while going in for servicing?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Moved to Problems & Fixes as this has nothing to do with Performance Parts.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:53 AM
East Coast Crew

Hey man. Don't be pissed. The key is nothing special. I had my key for a few months now and it's just another key to me. I did my programming at the locksmith on Avenue X, between 21st Street and Ocean Avenue, in Brooklyn. Maybe you could have better luck there if you go today.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:36 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Originally Posted by visuelz
Hey man. Don't be pissed. The key is nothing special. I had my key for a few months now and it's just another key to me. I did my programming at the locksmith on Avenue X, between 21st Street and Ocean Avenue, in Brooklyn. Maybe you could have better luck there if you go today.
Hey man, thanks for the place. I might try them out! The thing is I already spent $95 dollars on something that I won't be able to utilize it so I might as well get it to work. Do you have an '07?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Does anyone know why this turned out unsucessful for me, why it was not able to be done, and steps I should take from here?

Should I just try to slip it to one of the service men at the dealer while going in for servicing since the key is already cut?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:07 PM
East Coast Crew

I drive an 05 and it worked for me. I'll find the number for you tonight.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:54 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Originally Posted by visuelz
I drive an 05 and it worked for me. I'll find the number for you tonight.
Yeah, but I drive a late '07. That locksmith has done 05's and 06's successfully but this was his first '07! He said that the program code for '07's could be different although he said the manual for his computer programmer says that it works for '07 too.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

hello slickrab

i drive a late 07 model and completed this task successfully. although i did not get this done by a locksmith. i had this done by my dealership and it turned out great

i don't see any difference as to doing it for an 05 or 06 as i saw the guy just program it normally like other keys. you will need ALL your keys to be programed by the immobilizer at the same time including your valet key.

hope this helps you out and good luck on trying to find a solution to get it to work.

but as visuelz said i had this key for about half a month now and the key doesn't seem that great. its just yet another key, well unless a friend goes like wow that key is so cool then its a different story
Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
East Coast Crew

if u still want to use my locksmith, the phone number is 718-646-0988. It's called Jam Allsafe & Secure Locksmith.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Instructor

I had a similar experience. I went to two different locksmiths who were on "the list" of locksmiths who had successfully programmed the switchblade keys for 2006 models. Both failed to program my '07. Apparently they need to buy upgrade modules for their systems. The 2007 ecu is definitely different, one reason why there is no hondata reflash available for it yet. The dealer was able to do my key successfully. Good luck!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Thanks for all the replies. I know the key ain't nothing special but I'd rather have a one piece fob than my two piece stock key which constantly pokes me in the posterior end and always has me patting my self for a pocket to put it in.

I believe only few locksmiths are capable because of the new apparent changes to the '07 ecu. I too thought that there should be no difference between an 07 and a 05/06 ecu but apparently thats not the story. I will try to slip it to the service guy at the dealer since its already cut. Takes what 3minutes of his time to program it?

Mikeucla how much did you pay your dealer since it was already cut? Which dealer?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Instructor

Cool

Originally Posted by slickrab
Thanks for all the replies. I know the key ain't nothing special but I'd rather have a one piece fob than my two piece stock key which constantly pokes me in the posterior end and always has me patting my self for a pocket to put it in.

I believe only few locksmiths are capable because of the new apparent changes to the '07 ecu. I too thought that there should be no difference between an 07 and a 05/06 ecu but apparently thats not the story. I will try to slip it to the service guy at the dealer since its already cut. Takes what 3minutes of his time to program it?

Mikeucla how much did you pay your dealer since it was already cut? Which dealer?
I went to Tustin Acura in southern CA. Made no difference to them that it was already cut, I think that's the cheap part. I paid $55 for the programming, but they were known to charge that much for both the cut and the program. I didn't mind, because it was still half the price that other dealers wanted, and after 2 unsuccessful visits to different locksmiths, I was sick and tired of it and just wanted to get it done.

That being said, this mod was well worth it in my opinion. They key looks and functions much better than the previous one. when it's closed, it's not poking me. my comfort is important.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah I have to go to the dealer too to get the immobilizer chip programmed. I called one locksmith that's listed on FLBUSA's list in Webster, TX and they actually told me they can't program the 2007s yet. Thank goodness because they're pretty far. Then I went call all four dealerships in Houston and they all don't want to cut the key or said that it might be a hit or miss when cutting it. I ended up going to this one locksmith and he also said he didn't want to be liable but I was like screw it, I spent the money already might as well go through with it. He said he had the latest software for the programmer but he couldn't communicate with the car either. I'm trying to get my salesman at the dealership I bought the car from to help me get a deal on programming the key now. Hopefully it works out