Leak!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leak!!!!

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with their TSX. This past Friday night, I was driving through some heavy rain and large puddles here in NJ. My car was outside all night and on Saturday morning, I found a lot of water on the floor in front of the passenger side rear seats. The water basically covered front underneath the front seat to the rear. The first thing I did was look to see if I had left any windows open which I didn't There was no evidence of water leaking in through any windows, the sunroof, the doors but yet there was a lot of water on the floor. The only thing I can think of is that the water came in from underneath the car through a hole that maybe wasn't properly sealed up during production ??!?!

Anyway, today I had the same problem but not quite as severe. I'm dropping off the car at the dealer the first chance I get but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Jeff
Old 07-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couldnt tell ya. Hasnt rained here since March! Got my TSX end of May...Might wanna take it in...
Old 07-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by joerockt
Couldnt tell ya. Hasnt rained here since March! Got my TSX end of May...Might wanna take it in...

I'm definitely taking it in to the dealer as soon as I get a spare moment. Kinda sucks that I have to worry about leaks in a brand new car.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Mmmm... tasty.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. ... and yep, it's been raining like a mofo lately in Jersey! :shakehd:
Old 07-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

yeah it rains here every day, in florida. the only water i get is in by that metal acura plate, leaves waterspots oh well
Old 07-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Advanced

I am so angry right now. I need to vent.

So I thought the leak was caused by the heavy rain we have been having. This morning, the floor was a little damp. After work, it was slightly less damp. Tonight, I went out to see a movie (it didn't rain today) and when I got back to my car, the floor was soaked. The only thing I can think of is that this is air conditioning related but it doesn't seem like anyone here has had a problem. I'm bringing my car in tomorrow and demanding a loaner.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Instructor

someone has had this problem and it was air conditioning related, they fixed it under warrantee

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=958
Old 07-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bheywow
someone has had this problem and it was air conditioning related, they fixed it under warrantee

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=958
Thanks! I didn't find that one while doing a search. The only difference is that where the passenger has their feet, it's not wet. It's all underneath the seat itself and then all the way to the backseat. Anyway, I'm bringing it in after work today. They better find a way to get me a loaner or there will be problems later.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Most likely some material (leaves, stems, sticks) are clogging up the AC drain. Unplug drain hose and poke a wire (straightened hanger) up into the collection box. Be prepared to have a lot of water coming out. You may want to treat your carpets with some type of fungicide to prevent mold from forming under it. I had this exact same problem with a Miata.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:55 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think its the a/c. It started in the back seat not the front. There should be drain tubes for the sunroof somewhere that might've come loose. Happens once in awhile but I don't know where they are on the tsx so it's just a guess.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Advanced

Acura just called me. It turned out to be the AC unit drain hose somehow draining water into my car. I'm going to pick it up today.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:48 AM

i get a lot of rain here and this has never happened to me

i see the AC unit hose is the culprit, wierd
Old 08-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JerseyJeff
Acura just called me. It turned out to be the AC unit drain hose somehow draining water into my car. I'm going to pick it up today.
See if you can get them to show you where the drain hose outlet is. It'll probably be useful info for the future (for all of us).
Old 08-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
See if you can get them to show you where the drain hose outlet is. It'll probably be useful info for the future (for all of us).
Unfortunatley, I will be picking it up after service hours so I don't think someone will be able to show me but if they do, I'll relay the info to you guys.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Safety Car

Unfortunatley, I will be picking it up after service hours so I don't think someone will be able to show me but if they do, I'll relay the info to you guys.
Will they be treating your carpets & padding to prevent mold/mildew from forming?
Old 08-04-2004, 06:20 PM
'04 CG TSX

Hi,

I noticed that water is dripping from under the door, when I open it after it rained. I checked at the bottom of the door and found that there are some openings more like drain hose or something. I taught they will come with drain hose caps. I see that this water dripping out the hose is making water marks on the under body spoiler.

Does all the cars don't have caps for these drain hose or is it just for my car.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Instructor

To my_acura_TSX: Those holes are intended to allow any water built up inside the door during a rain storm to drain out rather than sitting and causing rust. It's important that they remain unblocked or you will eventually have rust problems.

To the starter of this thread (who name I forgot - sorry): I had an '88 Integra with the same problem. The condensate drain, which drains out all of the water that condeses inside the A/C condensor was just a rubber hose stuck on the plastic pipe on the side of the condensor housing in the passenger footwell. The passenger could easily knock it off with their foot. I put on a C-clamp and solved the problem permanently. I'm not sure if this applies to the TSX, but you might want to look under the dash to see if you can locate that hose. If so, make sure that there is something holding it on securely.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:45 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by landerso
To my_acura_TSX: Those holes are intended to allow any water built up inside the door during a rain storm to drain out rather than sitting and causing rust. It's important that they remain unblocked or you will eventually have rust problems.

To the starter of this thread (who name I forgot - sorry): I had an '88 Integra with the same problem. The condensate drain, which drains out all of the water that condeses inside the A/C condensor was just a rubber hose stuck on the plastic pipe on the side of the condensor housing in the passenger footwell. The passenger could easily knock it off with their foot. I put on a C-clamp and solved the problem permanently. I'm not sure if this applies to the TSX, but you might want to look under the dash to see if you can locate that hose. If so, make sure that there is something holding it on securely.
I appreciate the info but my problem was a bit more odd. There was nothing wrong by the passenger side front. The problem was in the back. Anyway, the problem was that an AC hose wasn't connected so now everything is ok. I'm just glad to have my car back!
Old 08-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Safety Car

I appreciate the info but my problem was a bit more odd. There was nothing wrong by the passenger side front. The problem was in the back. Anyway, the problem was that an AC hose wasn't connected so now everything is ok. I'm just glad to have my car back!
If the AC hose was the problem then there would be water in the front passenger floor.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:54 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Glad to hear you got it fixed, but aren't you worried about the molding and smell that can be caused from all the water that was there. It seems to me that you had a lot of water there and for several days....I would question acura about this.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by miner
If the AC hose was the problem then there would be water in the front passenger floor.

I don't know what to tell you other than I know where the water was and what the problem was diagnosed as. The water did not come from outside because I had the problem on dry days. Now, it doesn't leak when it rains and it doesn't leak when it's dry so I'm happy.