Help with Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Bluetooth

So I just got myself a Sony Ericsson W810i cell phone. Very cool walkman feature and I got a 4GB memory card for FREE…..

The reason for this thread I have a little problem with the Bluetooth connection. I can receive calls using the hands free with no problems, The Issues begin when I go to dial out. I hit the steering wheel control to start the dialing process, I say the number I want to call, and then I hit the steering control again to initiate the dialing process. After the numbers have been dialed the phone is no longer in hands free mode I have to put my phone to my ear to finish the call….

I don’t know if anybody has had the same issue but any guidance would be great.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Try Re "Pairing" the phone again. Delete it from the system and re-pair it. Don't forget that after you say the numbers, and you finished putting in the numbers, you have to hold down the button and say DIAL clearly until you hear the confirmation beep. Try that, if that doesn't work, then, I'm all out of ideas
Old 11-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried hitting the button again and saying "Transfer"? That might transfer the call back to the HFL. Not that you should have to go through that extra step, but it could be a bug on the phone where after it dails out it transfers the call from HFL.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by Milton TSX
The reason for this thread I have a little problem with the Bluetooth connection. I can receive calls using the hands free with no problems, The Issues begin when I go to dial out. I hit the steering wheel control to start the dialing process, I say the number I want to call, and then I hit the steering control again to initiate the dialing process. After the numbers have been dialed the phone is no longer in hands free mode I have to put my phone to my ear to finish the call….

I agree that the first thing to do would be to delete the phone and re-pair it with the HFL.

One thing I notice is that you indicate hitting the control again, after the number. Is it to confirm 'Yes' to the "do you want to dial ###-###-####?", or are you just hitting it? Other than confirming the "dial", you shouldn't need to hit the button again...

Otherwise, you should be able to transfer the call back to the HFL by the 'Transfer' command, but you shouldn't have to do that.

When you get it to work, let us know how the sound quality is...
Old 11-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
My sony ericcson w600i had the exact same problem. The latest firmware wasn't compatible. I ended up downgrading the firmware to one that would work.

I noticed this problem before the handsfreelink.com listed it as a problem (i guess it takes a few complaints before it gets posted).

But who knows...maybe it isn't your problem.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:43 PM
NBP6MTTSX

Its very likely to be a FW issue. I upgraded the FW on my K750i and its been working fine ever since. Try a FW upgrade/downgrade. Also search www.esato.com to get info on your problem.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton TSX
So I just got myself a Sony Ericsson W810i cell phone. Very cool walkman feature and I got a 4GB memory card for FREE…..

The SE phones have recently had all sorts of issues with the HFL, which is most likely related to the version of firmware the phone has -- SE keeps breaking the BT for the Acura HFL (but not for some other HFL's, like the Infinity G35's). Take a look at:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32711

It seems that the earlier versions worked OK, but the more recent ones didn't. I loved the SE phone, but BT with the Acura HFL was a requirement, so it went back.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 AM
5th Gear

I too have some problem with my handsfree link
I had it paired to acura's bluetooth, but the car doesn't detect my phone automatically every time i turn on the ignition.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:48 PM
1st Gear

Red face Exactly the same problem

I have exactly the same problem with my Sony Ericsson K510i - it works just fine for all incoming calls, but forwards all outbound calls from HLS onto the phone.

I just called Sony Ericsson Customer support and they said that it is a known issue that affects number of different Sony Ericsson phones because they use Bluetooth version 2.2 and Acura supports only up to version 2.1 or something like that.

Per Customer Support, they are working on resolving this hardware incompatibility and as of now there are no known fixes.

Nevertheless, I will try installing firmware updates and make another post if it will fix the problem.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

Any tips on how to downgrade a Sony Ericsson W600

I just purchased a Sony W600I so I would have a compatable phone for my 2006 TL handsfree link. Unfortunately it has the latest firmware version on it which is not compatable with the HFL link. Any tips on how to downgrade to the tested firmware would be great.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Advanced

thanks guy's, sorry for the delay in responding to all your help but the wife and I just got back from the Dominican Rep. Topless beaches, hot weather and good food made for a great week. I'll get back to you all after I try some of the suggestions.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Just to screw all of this good advice up,
I was in the car playing around with my phone and I used HF to dial out and the looked at the phone and it asked if "would you like to transfer sound to headset" I hit “no” and the HF worked just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to grow weary of the Acura HF it's a pain in the ass, it's easier for me to put a head set on rather then fumble with the phone to make sure it doesn’t transfer sound... I know it’s the software in the phone but this is ridiculous. I’m stopping by the dealership in a few days to see if I’m an idiot and have no idea what I’m doing….
Old 03-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Milton TSX,

Have you been able to solve this problem? I'm thinking about W810i and would like to know if your problem been solved

Thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
I would suggest going to www.howardforums.com and looking around/asking questions there, you'll likely get much better answers than here, or from a Rogers CSR.