Creaking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creaking Noise

I've had my car all of 5 days. Brand new '06. First of all, love it! Great car! Best luxo/sport combination out ther for the money hands down!!

However, I have a creaking noise coming from the silver plastic plate that looks like a guide for the Automatic shifter. Has anyone else experienced this? If this is duplicating a previous discussion I apologize.

I'm going to live with it for a while, mostly because I feel stupid going into the service department 5 days in. It is disappointing though and just wondered if anyone knew off hand if this was something easily fixed when taken in.

Thanks Guys!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Should go into the Problem's Section, but I have the same problem as you. I'm going to have it checked out in my first service, which is this week. I'll get back to you on this.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by STLAcuraGuy
I've had my car all of 5 days. Brand new '06. First of all, love it! Great car! Best luxo/sport combination out ther for the money hands down!!
Hey STLAcuraGuy - where'd ya get your TSX? Mungenast or Leta?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ckiggins
Hey STLAcuraGuy - where'd ya get your TSX? Mungenast or Leta?
Mungenast. Fair Experience. Not bad, not fantastic.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Instructor

Mungenast. Fair Experience. Not bad, not fantastic.
Mungenast here as well. My second Acura from the same salesman. Nice guy, fair to deal with and no BS. Their service guys have always been good to me, as well, with the exception of trying to upsell me for $400 scheduled maintenances. Sorry, I just don't think $400 to rotate the tires, change the oil (which is free there for me anyway) and top off fluids is reasonable.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Cruisin'

Mungenast

Originally Posted by ckiggins
Mungenast here as well. My second Acura from the same salesman. Nice guy, fair to deal with and no BS. Their service guys have always been good to me, as well, with the exception of trying to upsell me for $400 scheduled maintenances. Sorry, I just don't think $400 to rotate the tires, change the oil (which is free there for me anyway) and top off fluids is reasonable.

I started with the Internet guy, then ended up with an everyday salesman, nice older guy. Very happy with the price and promo interest rate. Just seemed like the internet mgr, sales guy, delivery cooridinator, and business mgr were all working with me without talking to eachother. Left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. All worked out in the end, just a bit frustrating at the time.

What kind of issues have you had to use the service dept for? Anything outside of maintenance? You say they've been good. Good as in nice, but we can't find you're problem? Or good as in efficient?
Old 07-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Instructor

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you, but you know how it's been here in STL the past few days. Just got electricity back this morning!

I hear ya about the left hand-right hand analogy. The "prwe-delivery" manager was a new one for me this time around. I didn't really like him - was trying to sell me accessories that were either (a) REALLY marked up vs. what I had seen elsewhere or (b) ones I don't need. Yes, he actually tried to sell me fog lights for my '06!!

I had an '02 RSX (word to the wise, never buy the first MY of a new car) in for service repeatedly over 4 years for squeaks, rattles and pops. And of course, my free oil change every 7500 miles.

Though the car did have a lot of rattles and squeaks, I think of it this way:

1. The service guys at Mungenast were able to hear everything I mentioned and fixed it on the first try, and
2. In the grand scheme of things, a squeak or rattle is really nothing. If the only things that go wrong with the car during ownership are things like an occasional rattle, i think you are doing well. You'd hardly see a GM or Ford make it through 4 years without something going wrong mechanically.

I do have some squeaks and rattles in my '06 TSX (center console under the radio squeaks when it's hot out - parts rub together - and also the driver's seat squeak) that need to be fixed and I plan to do that on my 5k maintenance in the next month or so. I have owned mine since February and it has been a great car so far. Sure, it's a little anonoying, but the car is built WAY better than my RSX was and I know that the service guys will take care of the problems once I point them out.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Cruisin'

Maybe the reason there's been no other attention is that us two St. Louis locals got a bit off topic. I can't imagine we're the only two on the planet that have noticed this. Anyone else?? Thanks!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:00 AM
2nd Gear

It maybe the driver seat creak/squeak many of us have experienced on the 06 TSX. Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly where the noise is coming from. Go to the squeaking driver seat under the problems and fixes. I had the creak/squeak fixed under an Acura TSB.......because it is a known problem. It has been noise free since the fix. Hope this helps!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the advice . . .

but I'm sure it's not the seat. I can duplicate the noise by touch. It's wierd, it only seems to occur on it's own after the car has sat in the heat for a time. Once I'm underway for 15-20 minutes it settles down, but hit ANY road irregularities up until that point and it's a plastic creaking concert. I hate to be so nit picky, really I do. Truthfully there are already a couple of other occasional noises from the A-Pillar (light squeak/creak), Steering wheel (rattle), and seemingly the windshield, that I'm relatively okay with. They would probably never be noticed by someone who doesn't drive the car regularly. They're so infrequent and faint in comparison. This one however is noticeable and almost embarassing when trying to show my brand new car to someone new.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Instructor

but I'm sure it's not the seat. I can duplicate the noise by touch. It's wierd, it only seems to occur on it's own after the car has sat in the heat for a time. Once I'm underway for 15-20 minutes it settles down, but hit ANY road irregularities up until that point and it's a plastic creaking concert. I hate to be so nit picky, really I do. Truthfully there are already a couple of other occasional noises from the A-Pillar (light squeak/creak), Steering wheel (rattle), and seemingly the windshield, that I'm relatively okay with. They would probably never be noticed by someone who doesn't drive the car regularly. They're so infrequent and faint in comparison. This one however is noticeable and almost embarassing when trying to show my brand new car to someone new.

Thanks.
I have a creak that sounds like it comes from the plastic pieces below the climate control unit. (the two pieces that curve down towards the floor with the brushed metal looking crosspiece). It only happens when it's warm, which makes me think it's the plastic rubbing together after expansion.

I also have the steering wheel rattle...sounds like it's right underneath the airbag. That one has been discussed here.

The drivers seat creak has gone away its own (weird), but the passenger side rattle is still there.

My 5k service is coming soon and I am going to have them fix them all at once.