Car wouldn't start (battery issue)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car wouldn't start (battery issue)

Car: 06 TSX Navi ~10K miles

Background info
I've already read a few threads about how the OEM battery in our cars is garbage. Well it's true I guess. Well I'll first start off by saying I always leave my headlight on. I never flip the switch because when you turn the car off they'll turn off automatically. Also when I'm approaching the car at night in a dark parking lot, it's nice to hit the unlock button and then they'll come on.

Problem
Anyhow, I was at the carwash the other day, and while I was washing the car, I realized the headlights were still on and the fan was still running (I guess the key was turned to the ON position). I though eh.. it'll only take 5 minutes, so I should be OK. Afterwards, I went to turn the car on, and it's dead. I try a couple times, but it just won't turn over (radio and stuff work though.. so it's not technically "dead" it's just drained) So I get a guy to help me roll it of the car wash bay. Wait around 5 minutes, try again and voila it works again. And even today, it works just fine. Do I take it into the dealership to have them take a look? Or replace the battery or what?

Cliffnotes:
--Left headlights and fan on for 5-10 minutes
--Battery drained and car wouldn't start
--5 minutes later it started
--Take it into the dealership??
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take it for a good long drive or buy a good (not $20 blowout manager's special) battery recharger and leave it hooked up overnight.
That'll bring the battery up to full voltage again.
Of course, it could well be a case of a cell on its way out, in which case, it's time for a new battery.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't deal with the drama of making an appt with a dealership unless they're willing to take a look at the battery as soon as you take the car in. If not...just take it to any shop that services batteries. They'll hook up the machine to it and in less than a minute they can tell you if you have a bad cell or not.