Bird nest underneath hood??

Old 09-09-2018, 04:13 AM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Bird nest underneath hood??

Hello guys,

Before continuing with the remainder of the post I have done a few hours of research over the past few days between multiple forums and for the most part can conclude that it is helpful to provide a clip of what the issue is LOL. Here.

In the last week since I got my car back from having the ring gear replaced, I've been noticing a squeal/squeak-like sound audible in the front end driver’s side area of the car. I am curious to know if it is due to an unrelated mechanical failure.

I left the car on while it warmed up. I popped the hood to investigate further and the noise is more apparent near the stock location for the battery (almost as if the battery is causing the noise?). When I’m moving and shifting between gears, the second I let of the clutch there is a squeal , almost like a high pitched BOV, as the weight of the car natural transfers forward off throttle.

Anyways, I took a long screwdriver to stethoscope the accessories and observed/have ruled out

• PS Pump – replaced it a few days ago for an unrelated issue that caused the PS to start leaking fluid over the alternator

• Alternator – despite a few smudges of PS fluid, the bearings sound smooth

• Tensioner – inspected during the PS swap, no problems here

• AC compressor – sounds to be operating as it normally should, no abnormal noise when using the screwdriver as a stethoscope

• Serpentine belt – A new Bando belt was installed during PS pump replacement. There is no lose belt noises or whines.

• Tranny – the best I could, I poked around on top of the case with the screwdriver while the car ran. The sound was harmonious but I don’t have the ears of an expert!

The front end suspension is equipped with FF type 1’s and I took a look at that as well.

Shock – nice and tight (that’s what she said), adjustment rings were snug, & no play in the top hat.
LB Joint – could use a new one…. the rubber dust boot is comprised and is leaking out some grease. I’m guessing it pierced during the tranny rebuild although I rule the LB joint out because the squealing noise I’m reporting is audible when the car is on but not moving.

Long story short, the suspension components are fair. CV axle boots are not ripped but a small clunks from time to time when turning.

I’m stumped and thought why not ponder around and see if something is loose that could be causing this noise before throwing in the towel and driving it back to the shop .

Any thoughts, birds nest underneath hood?
The following users liked this post:
Allison Hammond (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 08:40 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chirping

Hey, I am experiencing the same noise in my car. Did you ever find the fix to the problem? If so please share. Thank you
Old 12-14-2019, 09:05 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Allison Hammond
Hey, I am experiencing the same noise in my car. Did you ever find the fix to the problem? If so please share. Thank you
there is a mount bracket underneath the battery bracket that had been installed the wrong way . Make sure it is lined up correctly