2005 TSX Navigation Questions (With Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 TSX Navigation Questions (With Pics)

Ok I think my GPS antenna is no longer working so I have a few questions 1st off if i need to replace the antenna how do i go about locating it without destroying my car ? 2nd if someone can please look at the link i provided with 10 pics and let me know if everything is connected correctly in the back of the GPS DVD unit I Noticed there is one plug that has NOTHING plugged into it and also notice that there was one plug that was tied off but seams very short and un able to plug into anything on the back of the GPS unit. Picture 009 shows a good image of what I am talking about. Thank you all very much in advance any and all help is appreciated.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:07 PM
8th Gear

Link With Pics
http://gallery.me.com/shaunkore#100208
Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
in the 24th and a half...

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
OK, the "open" plug is "Connector D and is listed as "N/A" for an '05...so that's OK.

Move the car outside, away from tall obstructions...

Let's enter diagnostic mode...which, if you are at Code or Aquire GPS screen with ignition key "On", is "hold down "Menu" and "Zoom Out" buttons" at once. This should go to "Navi System Link" screen...joystick up to get to "Functional Setup Menu" and then touch the Return icon to get to the "Select Diagnosis Items" menu.

OK, select "Navi System Link" (ignition switch still "On")...then after the "Bong" sound, make sure the "Talk" button in the lower right is white, press the navigation TALK button on the steering wheel and say "testing" in a normal voice...the TALK button should turn green and the bars through at least 6 should be green...then press the BACK button on the wheel and that button should go from white to green...

If everything is green with a green "OK", hit Return and select "GPS Information" and verify your system is "seeing" some satellites. If it isn't the only diagonistic feed back is either you have a crushed or damaged cable (would still probably show green) or possibly a bad Navi...

If the GPS button turned red, or if the cable checks out, the only option is to replace the antenna with a known good item and retest.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:56 PM
8th Gear

Ohh thank you very much I will try this Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
8th Gear

Ok posted new pics on what info i have on the screens you directed me to and from what i can see it seams to be the antenna thats a issue ? would i be correct in saying that ?
http://gallery.me.com/shaunkore#100208

Thank you again in advance.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:44 AM

Everything you've got suggests either the GPS antenna is being blocked (tint, aftermarket interfence, etc) or bad.

Assuming you haven't installed or changed anything recently, the best bet is to get a "known good" GPS antenna and swap it to see if that fixes it...of course, the Navi itself could be bad too.

IDK, know anyone with a 04-08 TSX w/Navi, the part number shows the same for all 1st Gen TSX's. New, runs $150-200, from what I can see. You could try a salvage yard...see if they'll let you try one, with you buying if it works...worth a shot.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
8th Gear

So yeah does anyone have a diy write up or can explain how i can get to the GPS Antenna i know where it is i am just unsure of how to remove the back area from the inside of the car to get to the GPS antenna thank you all in advance for the help you have provided
Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 PM

GPS Antenna Removal/Installation:

1) Remove the rear shelf

2) Disconnect the GPS antenna connector

3) Remove the GPS antenna

4) Install in reverse order of removal

Helpful, eh...OK, here's the rest...

Rear Shelf Removal:

1) Remove...seat cushion and seat side bolster (bolsters have two hooks and a bottom bolt...remove the bolt and they lift up and out...seats, I figure just fold them down...remove C-pillar trim, pop the cap (says always replace) and pull off by hand (caution, SRS components nearby)...remove center seatbelt anchor bolt...

2) Remove high-mount brake light (disconnect socket in trunk, push toward rear window and gently pry up at back the release front hooks...release rear hooks and remove)

3) Pull rear speaker grills up from both sides to release.

4) Remove the rear shelf (from trunk, release hooks from rear seat back lock cylinder and remove lock trim...gently pull back front edge of rear shelf to detach the clips...lift the rear shelt to detach the clips...pull back lid to release hooks then open lid)

5) Pull the rear center seat belt out through the lid opening, and pull the rear seat belts out through the slit in the rear shelf.

And...

GPS antenna connector is located on the side of the navigation unit by the cooling fan...away from all the other connectors.