'05 TSX starting problems - possibly electrical?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 TSX starting problems - possibly electrical?

Posted on the other TSX forum but haven't received a fix yet.

Problem started a few months ago but is only intermittent; happens maybe once or twice every 2 to 3 weeks.

I've also tried using a total of 4 different keys-- 2 originals, 1 valet, and 1 TL switchblade. All with the same outcome.

When I insert my key and turn to either I or II position, nothing will turn on. Engine will not crank at all, HVAC doesn't turn on, and no icons flash on my dash. Only things that turn on is the circle lights on the gauges (i.e. around the rpm, speedometer, gas, and engine temp.) and beeping if the door is open.

Like I said earlier, this has happened a few times already, most of the time I just sat there with my key on the II position and then all of a sudden everything turns on.

Today it happened again, but this time I waited 2 hours and nothing changed. I ended up pulling some fuses, specifically the DBW fuse and all of the sudden I heard a click (stupid of me I left the key in the II position). I put the fuse back in and everything turned on, then I started the car but received a CEL and a sporadic low idle. I turned off the car and started it back up and it seemed fine. I then drove to Autozone to get the CEL code pulled and they received a U0107 (I was able to turn off the car, go inside Autozone, start the car again to pull the code, turned off the car, and then started it again to go home).

Well an hour after I got home I had to make an errand, car would not start again, and pulling the DBW fuse does nothing now.

I'm stuck not knowing what to do..=[
Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I figured out the problem.

I went under my dash to take a look at the wirings and went to remove my KPTech door lock module (thinking that was the issue). Well the harness that the module was wired into was loose from the plug (big green plug). Plugged it back in and car started up fine; I then unplugged it to see if it replicated the problem I had it it was it.

Funny, I had the KPTech modules installed for over 2 years and somehow the plug got loose.