As if everybody hasn't already seen it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 06:38 AM
wiz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As if everybody hasn't already seen it...

Here's my CG/Quartz/6MT/Non-Navi

On the lot:

The way it looks now:

The all season floormats and the interior:

The rest of the pics, in my sig.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Instructor

WIZ....
I don't think I ever said thank you for ALL of your pics. Thay are amazing and all I looked at when I was waiting for my CG TSX. Now that I have it I plan on getting tints and all I keep doing is looking at your pics by the lake and looking out my window at mine.
Your car in my opinion looks so damn sweet!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 12:16 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's funny Wiz, b/c it's your car that made me seriously consider the quartz interior. I finally decided I liked it. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:28 AM
Intermediate

Your exterior color choice is my favorite.

However, the quartz and ebony interiors just seem very stark to me. I like the warmth of the parchment/wood interior.

Nice ride!
Old 07-31-2003, 09:31 AM
wiz
Pro

Well glad I can be of some help to everybody. I enjoyed taking the pictures (and still do). Hopefully I'll get some more next month when I go on another road trip up to Chicago for the meet.

OH and blackbr, I understand where you're coming from. My last car had Saddlebag Tan interior, and I loved having it, but after 3 years of it, I was ready for a change and the Quartz is a nice break from black and Tan interiors (which is what I've always had in the past).
Old 07-31-2003, 05:54 PM
10th Gear

thank you for the pictures. my fiance and i are looking into getting a tsx in carbon gray with the gray interior with a navigation system. we saw the gray with the black interior and that was nice, but wanted a lighter interior but was undecided because we didn't know if the gray interior would look as nice as the black. but from your pictures...it looks like the combination would be perfect.

again, thank you for sharing your pictures.

by the way...did you get yours at msrp? (i hope this isn't too personal). the dealers in our area doesn't seem to willing to make a deal due limited inventory.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:46 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
20% all around right?
Old 08-01-2003, 10:18 AM
wiz
Pro

Yes, 20% all the way around (nothing on the windshield though).

As for paying MSRP, I payed really close to MSRP, but then again I got mine right in the middle of April (the month it came out). I think they gave me like $200 off when they were trying to get my monthly payment down to a reasonable amount so I'd buy the car...but I do remember it wasn't much.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Intermediate

hey wiz--

Just wanted to say great lookin ride... I just signed my deal for a CG/Ebony without even seeing the CG in person-- no dealer in my area had one... it's people like you who have taken amazing pictures and posted them that helped me decide the CG was right for me...

so thanks again and enjoy... i can't wait for mine!
Old 08-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Hey Wiz:

Thank you for posting the pictures. Your color combination is definitely growing of me. I saw them when you first bought the car several months back. I thought it was nice then. I think it is nicer now. I like the dark ebony interior better with the other colors but I dont think think that would be wise in the hot Florida climate.

Wiz, how is the Carbon grey at hiding dirt? Is it a dark or light grey? Does the paint have the silver specks in it? Does it sparkle in the sunlight? Also, how is at hiding swirl marks when you wax it? I used to have a black car. It looked beautiful when clean but it was a nightmare to keep clean.

Also, black cars show those permanent swirl marks in direct sunlight.

I want a low maintenance car that looks good. No way will I buy black. I have had too many white cars before so that color is also out. Everyone has Silver so that color is out too.

I dont like the parchment interior that comes with the Milano Red so that is out too.

I saw the Meteor Silver. I dont think that it is for me.

THe Artic Blue I like, but I think it only comes with the Ebony Interior which is so hot in the Summer.

It is looking more and more like that Carbon Grey may be my ticket. Hell, it is the only color left.

Thanks

Carlos
Old 08-04-2003, 10:30 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by Carlos8542222
Hey Wiz:

Thank you for posting the pictures. Your color combination is definitely growing of me. I saw them when you first bought the car several months back. I thought it was nice then. I think it is nicer now. I like the dark ebony interior better with the other colors but I dont think think that would be wise in the hot Florida climate.

Wiz, how is the Carbon grey at hiding dirt? Is it a dark or light grey? Does the paint have the silver specks in it? Does it sparkle in the sunlight? Also, how is at hiding swirl marks when you wax it? I used to have a black car. It looked beautiful when clean but it was a nightmare to keep clean.

Also, black cars show those permanent swirl marks in direct sunlight.

I want a low maintenance car that looks good. No way will I buy black. I have had too many white cars before so that color is also out. Everyone has Silver so that color is out too.

I dont like the parchment interior that comes with the Milano Red so that is out too.

I saw the Meteor Silver. I dont think that it is for me.

THe Artic Blue I like, but I think it only comes with the Ebony Interior which is so hot in the Summer.

It is looking more and more like that Carbon Grey may be my ticket. Hell, it is the only color left.

Thanks

Carlos
Well Carlos, the Carbon Grey is a great color. It seems to hide dirt fairly well, but just like any car, once it gets really dirty, you can tell it is dirty. It is a darker grey, so it's more like a black color than it is a silver color. That being said, it is a metallic paint job, so it does sparkle in the sunlight and have the little silver specs, as you put it, all throughout the paint.

I have only seen one swirl mark on my car and that is on the hood. I wiped that spot clean again and have not seen it since. I think it helps hide them a lot better than some of the other colros out there.

I am not one to wash my car every week, maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks, and everybody always asks me if I have just washed my car. So I guess that would make me assume it hides the dirt well.

Good luck in your decision. I don't think you can go wrong with the Carbon Grey...I know I have no regrets.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by wiz
Well glad I can be of some help to everybody. I enjoyed taking the pictures (and still do). Hopefully I'll get some more next month when I go on another road trip up to Chicago for the meet.

OH and blackbr, I understand where you're coming from. My last car had Saddlebag Tan interior, and I loved having it, but after 3 years of it, I was ready for a change and the Quartz is a nice break from black and Tan interiors (which is what I've always had in the past).
:'( I wanna go to the Chicago meet but my finances are tight.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:39 PM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by stevestr
:'( I wanna go to the Chicago meet but my finances are tight.
Yeah Steve, Finances are not flowing greatly around here, but since I'm driving up, it won't be quite as expensive. Wish you could make it though! We'll take plenty of pictures for ya and you can just photoshop yourself into them!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Racer

We Canadians could never see enough of your CG TSX, Wiz...coz' we can't get it here. If we did, I'd be looking at my own CG all day
Nice ride, very nice ride.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by wiz
Yeah Steve, Finances are not flowing greatly around here, but since I'm driving up, it won't be quite as expensive. Wish you could make it though! We'll take plenty of pictures for ya and you can just photoshop yourself into them!
If only it wasn't 33 Hours and about 12 gas station fill ups

I used to LIVE in Chicago. Talk about timing of these things....

Please do take lots of pics. I haven't been back to Chicago in 4 years now. The pics would do me good.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:31 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by Visorboy
We Canadians could never see enough of your CG TSX, Wiz...coz' we can't get it here. If we did, I'd be looking at my own CG all day
Nice ride, very nice ride.
Well we don't get the PWP/Ebony, so I looked at your pics and thought they were beautiful. The PWP is so nice when I saw it here, but having the parchment in there just doesn't do the car justice, it looks tons better with the Ebony interior. Perhaps we should trade for a day!
Old 08-05-2003, 08:32 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by stevestr
If only it wasn't 33 Hours and about 12 gas station fill ups

I used to LIVE in Chicago. Talk about timing of these things....

Please do take lots of pics. I haven't been back to Chicago in 4 years now. The pics would do me good.
Yeah, that is a hell of a haul. Don't worry though, I will take a ton of pictures (I have 470+ pictures available on my memory card). Not only of the cars, but of the city as well.

Yeah, bad timing that you don't live in Chicago anymore. We know you'll be there with us in spirit though.