chuson's PWP TSX, give me a fxxkin' WOW~ SAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chuson's PWP TSX, give me a fxxkin' WOW~ SAD

This is so sad.....
In case you don't know me or see my car before, here's how it looks like B4.

I'm sure it's not the nicest TSX out there but I know alot of you (including myself & my gf) likes it.

Well, what happened was, my lil bro just came back from Ottawa yesterday from his University Summer Course break for 2 weeks. Usually I'm a bitch and never let him touch it, and he has to drive my dad's MB most of the time. Somehow I was being generous last night, and let him drive it to pick up his gf to our house.

The accident happened right outside my house, @ a 4-way stop intersection. According to both driver, they both stopped. I called that BS because from the damage I think he's running @ a high speed. But since I'm not there I shouldn't comment on it. I trusted my bro 100% and I knew his grandpa driving style, but what can I do. I was totally shocked when I walked home w/ my gf from a near by park. The car was so familiar until we walked closer, I kinda knew it's my car.

The cops didn't put a charge on either driver, and we need to wait for the insurance report tomorrow.

My bro and his gf is alright, so does the other driver, no injury. I don't wanna blame anyone, I guess it's luck.

A quick estimate from Berry (Velocity) said it will cost $7000-$8000 to fix in total, but will need the insurance adjustor to confirm.

I'm so sad.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that sucks dude. Good to hear that everyone is ok.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear about the accident man. I hope the insurance takes care of everything. Good luck man.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Is waiting in

happened to me last month and i was sad as well but now im happy because its 110%.. just make sure that it gets fixed properly
Old 06-17-2007, 06:05 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

More Pictures of my Car.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:22 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Well, if both drivers stopped, then there'd be no damage to either party's car - so your brother has lied.
Good to hear everyone's alive - but bones mend, it costs $$$ to pay for mending metal and plastic!

Police not charging either sounds like they view it as a 50:50, which means your premium's going to go up unless you've a protected no-claims policy, and not worth the paperwork as there's no injuries - lucky for the pair of them!

On the up side, you've now got a reason why you'll not be letting the brother get his hands on your keys ever again, haven't you?

Don't let it get you down - just make sure you get a good repair done, and don't settle for anything less than how it was before the accident, no matter how much hassle it causes you or the repair centre. I presume the insurers will provide a courtesy vehicle while yours is off the road? If so, then the only hassle will be on the repairer's side if you're not entirely happy with their work.

Don't accept the insurer's preferred/contracted shop in your locale - shop around for quotes and whom you think will do the best job without having to have a second go at it.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Instructor

It doesnt look too terrible but it still hurts to see. I used to work at a shop and I would say it wont be over 5g's to fix that. Atleast your front lip and hood isnt damaged at all, GL
Old 06-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Wow man.. sorry to hear. This is why I don't lend my car to my family.

Especially if they're younger. If they're older then its okay, but... yeah never..
Old 06-17-2007, 06:29 PM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Ouch man it happen to me, but not the same case
front got damaged about 8k in damages just for the front, airbag, dash, seatbelt sensors.

I think you can still salvage the mugen lip and some other things atleast.
Fogs?

Has there been any more damage other than that, Luckly it looks like no frame damage.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:34 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by PJS
Well, if both drivers stopped, then there'd be no damage to either party's car - so your brother has lied.
Good to hear everyone's alive - but bones mend, it costs $$$ to pay for mending metal and plastic!

Police not charging either sounds like they view it as a 50:50, which means your premium's going to go up unless you've a protected no-claims policy, and not worth the paperwork as there's no injuries - lucky for the pair of them!

On the up side, you've now got a reason why you'll not be letting the brother get his hands on your keys ever again, haven't you?

Don't let it get you down - just make sure you get a good repair done, and don't settle for anything less than how it was before the accident, no matter how much hassle it causes you or the repair centre. I presume the insurers will provide a courtesy vehicle while yours is off the road? If so, then the only hassle will be on the repairer's side if you're not entirely happy with their work.

Don't accept the insurer's preferred/contracted shop in your locale - shop around for quotes and whom you think will do the best job without having to have a second go at it.
Well, if you saw both car @ the place you might have a second thought. My TSX is in the turning position which is in the middle of the road, assuming BOTH drivers stop @ the stop sign, the damage should be very light. And if he make a FULL stop, the speed would be very slow even if he booted it (1 car length from his stop sign) and it won't damage my car like this. My car take the full impact, while the other driver's car has a very slight damage, and it ran right INTO my car got stuck.

I'm not trying to protect my brother, he has 4 years of driving experience, with NO accident and NOT even a single ticket in his life, that's why I let me drive my car. But if the other driver has a similar accident happend in a similar location in the same month, I think something is suspicous, even if he's 40+.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:36 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
Ouch man it happen to me, but not the same case
front got damaged about 8k in damages just for the front, airbag, dash, seatbelt sensors.

I think you can still salvage the mugen lip and some other things atleast.
Fogs?

Has there been any more damage other than that, Luckly it looks like no frame damage.
The last picture shows how the front bar got bented (that's the shape of how the other car left corner ran into my car) and poked into my radiator/fan. Alot of shit need to fix but I will let you guys know after.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:41 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

But thanks for your advice PJS, my car is sitting @ my mechanic shop right now, and they will handle it. I have a old old car @ home so I don't even need the insurance company to rent me a car, just fuxking fix my car up w/ all the mod I want and call it a day.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Have camera, will travel

Ouch
Old 06-17-2007, 06:51 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HoOnzABPTSX
It doesnt look too terrible but it still hurts to see. I used to work at a shop and I would say it wont be over 5g's to fix that. Atleast your front lip and hood isnt damaged at all, GL
I'd say you missed the photo above of the hood shut at the scene - given the push the front and latch lever section has seen, I'd be very surprised if the hood wasn't bent.
The pics make it look a certainty.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Pro

that sucks.. i don't think the insurance company is gonna compensate you for the damage to the mods..
Old 06-17-2007, 07:04 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
ouch..But, you lip seems to be okay.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Racer

Damn! Sorry to hear that but still people are ok include your bro and his gf so it isn't that bad huh
Old 06-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Ex-King of Pasadena

which part of Toronto you leaving?!?!

I know a chinese body shop around mississauga tho...
Old 06-17-2007, 09:09 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
ouch..But, you lip seems to be okay.
SSG replica Mugen lip is holding up good, just a few scratches on it but it's fixable.
But the thing is I need a new bumper, I'm not too crazy for the 05 Mugen Bumper so I might just stick w/ OEM.

BTW: I'm in Markham and my car is @ my mechanic shop. Thx for your offer msmching.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Mic up, Cue, Dissolve 1..

Damm... That really sucks. I have had at least 3 people hit me and it was their falt every time. It is the worst feeling when it is out of your hands. Just make sure you get a good shop to fix it and it will be like brand new with a wash and wax. Good luck be safe.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Mic up, Cue, Dissolve 1..

PS. The second time I was hit on the rear passenger quarter panel because a guy made an illegal U turn in the middle of the road and fucked up the subframe wheel and quarter. It was in the shop back and forth for 2 months... it was worth it because it is fixed correctly now because I payed close attention to detail. Don't always trust the people that fix your car, check it out totally before excepting it. All because this guy didn't care about laws and didn't look before he made a Uturn. Drive SAFE
Old 06-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Intermediate

Sorry to c wat happened bro...

Same thang happened to me. I let my brother and dad drive the car, and the go and ruin my car. My dad drove my car into a ditch and f'd it up. I got the car back from the shop. Not even a month past and i let my brother drive my car. He reversed the car and hit my other brother car man...... Very sad time
My car is bad luck....
Old 06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Is waiting in

is your foglight ok?

... you can be the best driver on the road, but then of course there will be someone who is the worst on the road.. and you can't control the way they drive.. so always be alert and careful (everyone)
Old 06-17-2007, 10:46 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by chuson
SSG replica Mugen lip is holding up good, just a few scratches on it but it's fixable.
But the thing is I need a new bumper, I'm not too crazy for the 05 Mugen Bumper so I might just stick w/ OEM.

BTW: I'm in Markham and my car is @ my mechanic shop. Thx for your offer msmching.
yeah... I like your current set up right now. I think full mugen is little showy.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Intermediate

Damn. Looks like the Civic stood up good enough..
Old 06-18-2007, 08:36 AM
where is my garage?!

sorry about your accident. hope you can get everything fixed.

this is the reason why i don't let anyone drive the car. the sister-in-law asked to practice driving on mine. a firm 'no' is what she got.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:48 AM
East Coast Crew

If what your brother say is true. Then both drivers should be at fault. Who doesn't look for other cars when they are at the intersection. The time it takes to speed up after a stop sign, there should have been a reaction on both drivers to stop. If you've seen how your brother drives WITH his girlfriend in the car, then you should know how he drives with your car. There should be a trust. Good luck with your car getting fixed. It doesn't look like it will cost that much so don't be too upset.

P.S. Change your air filter while you're at it.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
back to the drawing board, my friend. sorry about your troubles
Old 06-18-2007, 02:48 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

I'm very depress right now about my car, and I don't even give a shit to my work, can't concentrate.

I was thinking maybe I should go back to ALL STOCK to keep out of trouble; OR, go all out to get something nice to treat myself (and my car) good. What do you all think???

I'm still waiting for the insurance company to send an adjustor to talk w/ me and inspect the car, man, shit like this sucks.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
maybe its time for new jdm headlights.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:55 PM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by minkl81
maybe its time for new jdm headlights.
Where can I buy the JDM headlight for cheap? Approx. how much?
Too lazy to search as I have so many things to follow up. Thx
Old 06-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

maybe boomplustoys.net?? but it might take long time unless they have some spares in stock. ask macus if he has any in stock for faster shipping.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 PM
mmmmmm....

I'm very depress right now about my car, and I don't even give a shit to my work, can't concentrate.

I was thinking maybe I should go back to ALL STOCK to keep out of trouble; OR, go all out to get something nice to treat myself (and my car) good. What do you all think???

I'm still waiting for the insurance company to send an adjustor to talk w/ me and inspect the car, man, shit like this sucks.
don't use your insurance money to buy aftermarket parts. I think that is the stupidest idea ever. If you ever decided to sell your car then you are going to need oem parts anyway. I kept all my oem parts for that reason..
Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
mmmmmm....

I'm debating on if I should put my jdm headlights or not... Benz said that he might sell his so you might want to contact him and see..
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

ouch.....GL with the repairs.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:07 AM
T.DoT P.I.M.P. lol

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
don't use your insurance money to buy aftermarket parts. I think that is the stupidest idea ever. If you ever decided to sell your car then you are going to need oem parts anyway. I kept all my oem parts for that reason..
Thanks for the advice.

I usually kept all my OEM parts @ home, but this time it's too sad to keep it especially all are damage. You are right on the point tho, and the funny thing is my car is lease right now, and I have a bunch of aftermarket parts on it.

However, I'm planning to buy back the car when the lease end to use it as my winter car, so....

Anyone knows how does the paint-matched CF OEM hood looks on my car??? And where can I find them?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:19 AM

damn, sorry man
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about that. You were my white twin, for crying out loud!!
At least SSG's lip is good quality and didnt crack. Also, good thing your bro and GF
are o.k. too. I alway am very careful in back streets because a lot of assholes like
to run the 4-way and regulars stops frequently. I have had a lot of close calls.
I really cant think of much else to say other than be very cautious when driving through the neighborhood.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Racer

just talk to Chuson yesterday at my work.

glad your brother is okay.

and see, my fiber glass lip is in perfect condition =P
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 PM
PWP/ebony/6MT/Navi

Damn! Sorry to hear about the car Chuson. It was like staring at pictures of a war zone to see those. Hope you're back in the driver's seat by now (hot car!)

I'm surprised the Civic withstood that impact surprisingly well. My 1st car was a Civic (well, still is my 2nd car!! I can't part with her, she's just resting on the driveway now), same generation. Any minor fender bender and the front end would push in like paper! I guess there was a slight angle that helped the Civic to withstand the impact a little better. I'm also surprised (and glad for you) the repairs won't be too $$$$$$... I hear it's expensive in T.O.

Good luck, and send pics when you get your car in tip top shape again!

Quick Reply: chuson's PWP TSX, give me a fxxkin' WOW~ SAD