Xmas Gift Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xmas Gift Idea

Okay, im assuming this should go here?? oh well mods please feel free to move it as you see fit.

Okay, well we all know its december and Xmas is comming quite soon, and that means its time to make up my list.

Now i want to get something for my TSX w.o spending much over a few hundred bucks. The only mods i have done are the headlight conversion from yellow hallogen to white (if you can even consider that a mod) and the windows should be tinted some time this week.

Now, i was considering the ipod cord, but now i see monster is comming out w. a better one and ill probably wind up waiting for it. (about 200 bucks). Its a bit steep i think for a wire but it would be nice to listen to my ipod finally in the car. Its ironic tho that the cord is about the same price as the player.

Now keeping with the audio theme, should i instead get some aftermarket speakers? how much would these run me and what brands should i be looking at? I wouldnt want to spend too much again, but i want quality stuff (alpine and pioneer ive used in the past).

Finally i think, well if i leave all that be should i consider changing something under the hood. First thing came to mind was the CAI.

So now i ask your opinion. I would be doing all of the installation myself on anything i get. Im not too inclined to get a body kit just yet, I think anyhting lower ill wind up ripping the skirts off or something (ive climbed the curb a few times and scratched the bottom to hell. the first time was on accident the first week i had the car, and the second was when i was pulling onto a side walk cuz i was getting out to help someone who got into an accident, that corvette a few weeks back).

Now thats basically all that i can think of to choose from to put something on the list, if you have any other options or something please post them i wanna hear it, even if its something small that i seemed to forget.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
Okay, im assuming this should go here?? oh well mods please feel free to move it as you see fit.
Aftermarket is where you want it at.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Banned

Ok heres my take on it...sorry if my typing sucks in here at any point, I had a frew to many lastnight/this morning

Ipod stuff- Personally this is what im getting, dont think the monsters for sale yet so im probibly gonna go w/ the ICElink, although its so damn expensive...This should Run you about 250$

Speakers- I replaced mine about a month after I got the car, Pionneers all around, easy upgrade wasnt hard at all, and did alot for the car... I Personally spent about 3 to 400$ here, dont remember how much they were exactly...

CAI- This Id probibly tell you to go for... Performance Wise the Gains are Minimal, but it makes a nice difference when your driving around, the TSX's engines big enough that it sounds like a small 6 with the intake, not a lawnmower... Based on where your experence is car wise this can be a pain in the ass, Id recomend the K&N way removing the wheel, but i just ended up taking off most of the bumper anyway... This should cost you about 180$

Heres one you didnt consiter so ill recomend it for you-
Tires- If your still on those shitty Michiliens get rid of em... It would attcually make any realtime performance gains, but youll feel the car alot better, take corners somewhat easier, and just overall alot more enjoyable...Personally I went up to Toyo Proxies 4's because i wanted to keep the all season, that was about 500$
Old 12-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanx sauce, im still trying to get the hang of where things go.

hmm so basically you encourage it all. i actually took a ride to sound advice today, my dad was exchaning his rear home theater speakers and i wandered my way over to the car audio dept. he tried selling me some 6x9s with tweaters in them, then i told him i had an acura and then it turned into a oh i love acuras and tell me about ure TSX from the speaker inquery. but who can resist a "stop n chat" about your TSX??

okay well now on my ride home today, it was dark and a stupid "this is your speed" box was there and i was like crap im doing 10 over, so normally if it was daylight id slow a bit down and just be cautious, well its dark n twisty so i hafta slow down. so i was like well see i woulda slown down b4 the box had i known it was there, so i was considering getting a radar, hmmm so many choices

but thnx alot so far, im glad i can get input from those who have done it b4
Old 12-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MemRheins
Ok heres my take on it...sorry if my typing sucks in here at any point, I had a frew to many lastnight/this morning

Ipod stuff- Personally this is what im getting, dont think the monsters for sale yet so im probibly gonna go w/ the ICElink, although its so damn expensive...This should Run you about 250$

Speakers- I replaced mine about a month after I got the car, Pionneers all around, easy upgrade wasnt hard at all, and did alot for the car... I Personally spent about 3 to 400$ here, dont remember how much they were exactly...

CAI- This Id probibly tell you to go for... Performance Wise the Gains are Minimal, but it makes a nice difference when your driving around, the TSX's engines big enough that it sounds like a small 6 with the intake, not a lawnmower... Based on where your experence is car wise this can be a pain in the ass, Id recomend the K&N way removing the wheel, but i just ended up taking off most of the bumper anyway... This should cost you about 180$

Heres one you didnt consiter so ill recomend it for you-
Tires- If your still on those shitty Michiliens get rid of em... It would attcually make any realtime performance gains, but youll feel the car alot better, take corners somewhat easier, and just overall alot more enjoyable...Personally I went up to Toyo Proxies 4's because i wanted to keep the all season, that was about 500$

hmm do you have pics? on a cardomain thing or something?? i wanna see what the tires and what not you got going on. speakers too, that im quite curious to see how it fit and what not, id like to keep the stock grills (keep prying eyes and foreign object out)
Old 12-05-2004, 07:37 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

What is the monster cable you speak of for the iPod? Thanks..
Old 12-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

theres a thread around here somewhere. monster cable states somehwere (i think a press release page of thiers) that theyll be selling a cable for IPOD to car. i think they said nov some time, but nov has come n gone. hmmm i think im gunna actually look now cuz im curious now ot see if they changed it

edit

here we go, http://www.monstercable.com/press/pr..._11_icruze.asp

fall some time. someone needs to remind them that winter started already (right? it is decemeber)
Old 12-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Banned

Answers to both questions, yes I have a Cardomain page

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/587491

theres the link, and Monster Cable is making a device called the Icruz...should be out sometime next year, I just ordered the Icelink about an hour ago, ill tell you guys how that is after i have it all set up

Edit: Read ur other thread, I personally have the Valentine One Radar Detector, In fact I just hardwired it to the TSX and have it running up the passenger A-piller to the visors... unfortinutly i dont have any pictures of that...The Valentine One is a good investment, but It depends on how much Highway driving you really do...for the most part local cops wont be using their Radar guns, example: the last time I got pulled over

Me: Whats the problem officer?
Him: The fact that I had to do a buck 20 to catch up to you
Old 12-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

you have those tweaters hooked up on the rear 6x9s? or is it not possible to not take em off. from reading a thread from someone who dissected the amp said the read 6x9s have a crossover for lows.... wonder how they sound? can u even hear the tweaters?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

hmmm thats why ure car looks familliar, ive seen ure page b4 browsing the sounddomain pages. looking for ideas mostly.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:56 PM
Banned

nah, rear speakers are mainly bass....which is disapointing, im gonna get an amp off my friend when he gets rid of his civic, and get rid off the OE one...

Now that im thinking about it the stock speakers really did suck once i took a good look at them out of the car, the magnets were tiny and they seemed somewhat cheap esp for an Acura, just warning u if u do this mod u do need to drill into the car, OE speakers had some bizare harness, so that on the manufaturing line you could just pop them in
Old 12-05-2004, 08:09 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

I have a Valentine hardwired as well. I love having it. I tapped the power from the overhead lights (near the sunglass holder, etc) and brought the power through the same hole as the rear view mirror. But like Mem said, it depends on what type of driving you normally do.

Thanks for the info about the icruz. It looks pretty cool.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtremespeed2102
thanx sauce, im still trying to get the hang of where things go.
No biggie. I'm a classification freak, or you may have noticed this already.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

haha thats alrite.... well when i get back i hafta figure out what % tints to get....and yes i will use the search option. i wish acurazine would host pictures like car domain or something, but maybe we could classify it better or something. i dunno gotta run now later