Some ideas... Please?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some ideas... Please?

Hey guys,

New to this forum stuff but acruazine is awesome... now I just need a little help. I have an 05 acura tsx navi..It has 130,000 miles on it bone stock. I did however remove the intake silencer (in an attempt to install a trail horn) I have LEDs on the front grille and blue LEDs in the interior lights... I am not sure if i want to put money into proformance parts or invest on the out side looks...? Any ideas what i should do?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Adrizzzle
Hey guys,

New to this forum stuff but acruazine is awesome... now I just need a little help. I have an 05 acura tsx navi..It has 130,000 miles on it bone stock. I did however remove the intake silencer (in an attempt to install a trail horn) I have LEDs on the front grille and blue LEDs in the interior lights... I am not sure if i want to put money into proformance parts or invest on the out side looks...? Any ideas what i should do?
To me, you need to ask yourself 1 (long) question...

"Do I want to go faster, look faster, or sound faster?"

If you want to go faster, I would suggest getting Hondata reflash then headers.

If you want to look faster, I would suggest coilovers, roof spoiler, rims, etc

If you want to sound faster, get a short ram intake, headers and test pipe...maybe exhaust.
The following users liked this post:
Adrizzzle (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Moose Muscles
To me, you need to ask yourself 1 (long) question...

"Do I want to go faster, look faster, or sound faster?"

If you want to go faster, I would suggest getting Hondata reflash then headers.

If you want to look faster, I would suggest coilovers, roof spoiler, rims, etc

If you want to sound faster, get a short ram intake, headers and test pipe...maybe exhaust.

^+1

it all depends on what you're going for and your budget. There are tons of threads discussing all of these and which products work well. Use the search to find out what's out there
The following users liked this post:
Adrizzzle (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 01:18 PM
6th Gear

Thanks guys. My whole thought is that i dont think it would be worth putting a lot more stress on the engine since there already is 130 thousand miles on it... I would probably be better off with just investing into looks? then into engine..? im not to sure yet haha
Old 07-14-2011, 04:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by http://dsportmag.com/browse/cover-story/clean-and-mean
Envisioning a goal is what separates a project car from a money pit. With a goal in mind, budgets can be set, parts can be selected and the project can realize closure. Without an end goal in mind, it's impossible to gauge how much time and money will be spent on a car. It's also hard to truly enjoy a car that feels as though it is in a perpetual state of construction...
I encourage you to re-read that statement a few times. It's so true, and I don't know if it will ever be explained better!

It's going to take a lot of money to make big power with these cars. That's not to say you can't make it a little more fun with a few hundred bucks - at the same time, don't worry about stressing the engine with a reflash or a few bolt-ons. You will need to spend a few grand on forced induction and engine management before this becomes an issue.

Go through the photograph sub-forum and see all the appearance mods there. Hint: that's why people are taking photos - to show those. You will find that many things complement each other, for example larger wheel and lowering. You will find the answers to your lowering and wheels in the tires, wheels and suspension sub-forum.

Plan ahead. Don't let the money spent on an intake or reflash hold you back from the wheels you really want if it's only looks you are after. Consider your budget, and whether or not everything you want to do is reasonable and makes sense. Doing a little performance and a little appearance might make you unsatisfied in both regards.

Don't passively let others tell you what to do with your car and your money. Find something that really appeals to you, or create something truly unique. Do it because it is what you want to do with your car and when all's said and done, you'll be happy with it!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 AM
eYe'N mAn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've had the car for 130,000miles, have you ever thought that you wanted more performance out of the car?
With the LEDs and lighting mods that you have done so far, it seems like the appearance mods would suit you better. Changing the appearance would freshen the look of the car IMO.

As someone else has mentioned, the typical simple performance mods would be intake, header, reflash and maybe exhaust even.
No one can decide for you as you're the only person who knows what you want. But to me, i think you should do the appearance/exterior mods, then do the performance if you're bored with the car later on
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM
6th Gear

Hey guys sorry haven't been on here in awhile thanks again everyone for the ideas. I actually got the car with about 100,000 miles on it. slowly doing little things hear and there. probably gonna be doing some exterior mods first thanks for all the input guys! ill keep you all up to date with pictures!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it all depends on your budget and how much you are willing to spend. but i prefer appearance > performance