The only mod i havn't seen anyone complete yet.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 01:12 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I like it. Creative MOD! But..... I wonder though if it matches,

amber front----white side view mirror-----Red rear

Old 12-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good. Safety shouldn't be an issue either because you're not changing the front and back indicators to another colour.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Instructor

It will match if you clear your headlights.

Yes that's the led strip i used. I used the 6 light strip and the door handle light to make the whole lense light up, not just part of it. the 6 led does not reach all the way accross the lense and the door handle lights are very small and short so you would need about 3 per lense. also you can't bend the light strip too much so you need something additional to light up the end where the 6 led light strip doesn't reach. but if you don't care about the whole lense lighting up then just use the 6 led light strip by itself. i first wanted to replace the leds on the stock board itself, but the only way to get the stock board out is to damage part of it making a couple of the stock leds useless.

To remove the glass on the mirror, i use a tool that looks like a screwdriver but is pointed on the end, and also bent so it looks like a L shape. we use it to install car stereos and to bend the tabs on the radio cages. so with mirror in hand, push the top corner of the mirror in the use the pic to pry the 2 tabs connecting the mirror to the mirror motor. then keep slightly pulling up on the mirror with your hand while using the pic to seporate the black RTV (rubber glue substance holding the mirror to the motor) then keep pulling up on the bottom of the glass as you do this and once all RTV is seporated, the mirror is held onto the motor by to L shaped hooks. when you pull the mirror from the bottom you can see what i mean and it will come out. Then disconnect the heater wires on the mirror.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's an interesting mod because according to the manual, a replacement of the mirror LEDs means a trip to the dealer and getting shafted on the price. Your mod proves that it can be repaired by the owner!

I won't be changing mine to white, because in Australia, it's an INSTANT defect!
Old 12-23-2006, 02:47 AM
Instructor

Well you can change them, but whatever glue they used you con not heat them up and in no way will they split apart. you have to cut out the back of it to get to the inside.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:47 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
oh shut up captian reuglations. if u dont know a flashing frickin light means turning then u shouldn't be driving. dont be ghay noob.
When I flash my highbeams, it doesn't mean that I am turning though.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by PJS

Didn't you see the green above?
Ever heard of something called banter?
As you guys like to say, "it's all good".

You guys? We say that? That's a new one.

WE. do not say that.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:43 AM
PJS
Burning Brakes

You don't?
I mean, after watching Jerry Springer I thought all Americans were the same only with differing accents.
I blame Hollywood and GW Bush then for giving me false impressions.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Advanced

I like how they look!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that looks real good
does it stay on all the time or only when signaling?
Old 12-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Instructor

They only come on when signaling. it's easy to make them do both. just leave the positive connected to the flashing wire and connect the negative wire to a constant power. then they will stay on and flash as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear

WICKEDFX - Clean mod...I have been wanting to do that since about three weeks after I got my car....but there's soo many other things ahead of it
Oh...n for you other guys... I don't have the California Codes book with me...& I don't remember if it was when I was reading it or got pulled over for those blue washer nozzles a while back (hay give me a break I was in High School) Any way, front signal light have to be either whit or amber, rear either amber or red. Keep in mind this is in California.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Ok...just to clear up some confusion...

According to the California's vehicle code:

1. Turn signals on the front half of the vehicle must flash amber, but can be amber or white when unlit.
2. There must be a set of reflectors on both the front and the rear of the car that will reflect ambient light to alert drivers of the presence of a parked vehicle.
3. Rear turn signals must blink amber or red.
4. Rear brake lights must shine red when lit and must increase in brightness when brakes are applied.

Now, the rules vary some from state to state, but, legally speaking at least if he is ever in the state of California, he can legally be pulled over for having turn signals that fail to comply with the standards of the California vehicle code. I also suspect that most states that have a vehicle safety inspection requirement would likely fail his car based on an incorrectly colored turn indicator.

But that aside, it is an admittedly good mod and the OP does deserve some applause for taking the time and effort to do it.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Ok...just to clear up some confusion...

According to the California's vehicle code:

1. Turn signals on the front half of the vehicle must flash amber, but can be amber or white when unlit.
2. There must be a set of reflectors on both the front and the rear of the car that will reflect ambient light to alert drivers of the presence of a parked vehicle.
3. Rear turn signals must blink amber or red.
4. Rear brake lights must shine red when lit and must increase in brightness when brakes are applied.

Now, the rules vary some from state to state, but, legally speaking at least if he is ever in the state of California, he can legally be pulled over for having turn signals that fail to comply with the standards of the California vehicle code. I also suspect that most states that have a vehicle safety inspection requirement would likely fail his car based on an incorrectly colored turn indicator.

But that aside, it is an admittedly good mod and the OP does deserve some applause for taking the time and effort to do it.
Well put. In many states in the US, amber is required in headlights and turn signals. However, most police officers will not pull you over for it...I have never had any trouble. And for those of you who havent noticed, JDM headlights are a clear violation of this law due to their lack of amber reflectors over the sidemarkers AND turn signals, so if you have these headlights and are complaining about infractions of DOT regs...you are out of line. I think it looks nice, but it seems like alot of work.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Polar Chicken

Washington is the say way. White Marker Lights are against the law and have personaly been pulled over by the WSP for having white side marker lights.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Polar Chicken

BTW, the mod looks pretty nice, If I could legaly do this in Arizona I would do so.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh well it's

Looks good
Old 01-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Instructor

I guess i am lucky finally i can pay back the law for all those tickets i got in the past. I have a TSX registered in Texas and has dark tint from the Acura dealer in texas (standard on all their cars there) and the white blinkers and 10,000K headlights and 8000K fog lights. and i live in california. I am in the military. So the cops do nothing to me for my nicely modded car i have. hehe. sorry not trying to brag just am very happy i can finally do this stuff and get away with it.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by WICKEDFX
I guess i am lucky finally i can pay back the law for all those tickets i got in the past. I have a TSX registered in Texas and has dark tint from the Acura dealer in texas (standard on all their cars there) and the white blinkers and 10,000K headlights and 8000K fog lights. and i live in california. I am in the military. So the cops do nothing to me for my nicely modded car i have. hehe. sorry not trying to brag just am very happy i can finally do this stuff and get away with it.
How do you figure? If you show residence in CA, you need to have your car registered in CA within 30 days. Unless its different for the military, but I doubt it...
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Instructor

military is exempt from having to register in the state they live in. We even get to pay only $30. a year for registration while stationed at a base other than our home of residence. so yes military is different.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Oh well it's

I too was in the military, and we do get exemptions in all states. I was stationed in Nevada for 4 years and never had to change my plates or my drivers license.