looking for place to buy V-AFC II

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for place to buy V-AFC II

well I am living in Seattle... anyone around the neighborhood can help me tune a V-AFC II for my TSX auto???

cause I heard if you tune it right.. it goes up to 1o to 20 hp gain... so I need some help here... if you know anything... contact me at tjlin82@hotmail.com

by the way.. I haven't get the unit yet.. so if you are a dealer... or whoever.. please also tell me the prize of the unit plus the installation... thanks!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You should get with Stokeless as he's been trying to install the VAFC for his TSX. He might be able to point you to a source to buy the unit. However, I don't think installation is straight forward...
Old 06-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Cruisin'

sorry... I need to make myself clear... I am looking for a shop or dealer close to Seattle to do installation fro me professionally... I can't do those electronic stuff... I heard it's really complicate.. if you don't do it right.. it will ony make your car go slower!
Old 06-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Stokeless

Originally Posted by JTso
You should get with Stokeless as he's been trying to install the VAFC for his TSX. He might be able to point you to a source to buy the unit. However, I don't think installation is straight forward...
its a waste of time...you cant get it installed since there is no wiring diagram for it...someone on this site said you can do it but they have failed to tell us how they did it...i tried numerous times and even used the ecu trouble shooting guide from acura and i never got it to work i can get the car to start but once u touch the gas it boggs out and dies. sorry i have no helpful info but once whoever it was that has thiers hooked up gives me a wiring diagram ill have mine installed too. shops in seattle go to intec racing in kent and go to r sport in belevue. both are good shops if you go to intec talk to waide or lawrence and at rsport talk to gilbert tell them jay with the blue tsx sent you. they should give you good deals...rsport is better on prices for parts but intec has more equip such as a dyno and all that. but good luck on gettin it hooked up once u get it there let me know so i can get mine done since i cant figure it out myself.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Stokeless, are you looking for a specific wiring diagram to connect the VAFC to the ECU or just the pin outs on the ECU?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Cruisin'

thanks

Thanks Stokeless... I haev no idea where to find shops with dyno to hlpe me tune that stuff. Well the V-AFC II is my b day present from my friends, they just told me that I can do my installation at the "Racing Concept"... but they only do installation... so I have to find a shop to tune this crazy stuff. Too bad I am not really a mech type of person, I can never install this thing by myself (oh by the way Racing Concept is one of the official dealer for Apexi here at washington.. so hopefuly they can do a good installation...) Thanks for your information on "Intec Racing" at least now I know where to tune it... to make the money worth.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Stokeless

intec racing is in kent on 212...if you want give them a call and they will give you directions...
253-872-0872 i wouldnt go to racing concept...they do a lot of riced out cars and they dont have a dyno...i wouldnt get anything installed and drive it out of the shop if its something that needs to be tuned and isnt. it just isnt a smart move
Old 06-10-2004, 12:11 AM
Cruisin'

ok!

I totally agree with you... but my friend already paid for the installation as part of my b day present... so I probably have to install there...

Well I called Rcing Concept today, and they told me they will put it to match the factory setting as TSX... so meaning.... it will not change anything til I went to a shop that does the Tune job... so it won't make me any good or bad until I tune it...

BUt thanks for th infos... we never know there is a shop with all the professional tools at Kent... so Racing Concept was like the only choice we have...

I already call Intec to as about the direction... and I will set up apointment with them right after I get it install! Thanks again!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Before you let the shop touch the car, make sure they have a TSX ECU pin out diagram. Otherwise, there is a chance the wrong wire is cut or connect and possibly damaging the ECU or sensors.