Has anyone purchased a DC header yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Has anyone purchased a DC header yet?

Just curious if anyone has purchased the DC Sports header. I'm thinking about geting it but would like to see what it looks like and performance data if any.

Thanks,
Old 02-29-2004, 02:26 PM
ABP TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to know too. I have still not been able to fine a dyno on the DC header either.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

JTso, I think you should get DC SPORTS header, they are great gain of HP and power. I have DC SPORTS header on 94 accord, and it felt great. I am sure that you will feel more power with header on TSX with 200 hp than stock header. It will goes faster. You can call DC SPORTS and ask for dyno on performance. I recommend you to get it.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Crap.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone purchased a DC header yet?

I had DC headers (ceramic) in my 95 prelude 2.2 SRV. It had big gains at mid range....not much in the high and low end. I was definitley impressed with the quality of the DC product. Had it for 6 years in the car with no problems whatsoever.

Originally posted by JTso
Just curious if anyone has purchased the DC Sports header. I'm thinking about geting it but would like to see what it looks like and performance data if any.

Thanks,
Old 02-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

NJtsx, why is it crap? Explain to us.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator

I meant to ask if anyone has purchased the DC header for the TSX. I've also used DC header on my other car and really like the fit, quality, as well as tech support.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Automobile Aficionado

crap might be alittle of an exageration....but DC has been known to cheap out when it comes to metal use and welding moments. thats why their one of the cheaper companies out there. Our 4 banger has almost all the power squuezed out of it already through engine parts. the best way to speed up the TSX is through computer altering, lighter wheel and rims and of course major bolt ons. But back to the DC thing. I have heard of numerous issues with DC parts. Blowing a welded moment and actually bending during installation. i just dont think a conventional header setup will do anything for our car. An aftermarket exhaust will help compliment though. DC intakes and exhausts have been known to not get as many gains as other products out there. Only DC product i would use would be the nice and shiny battery tie-down
Old 03-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

NJtsx, so you don't really have any personal experience with DC headers but you've heard that they are no good?

I'd like to evaluate other header options but unfortunately, there isn't much out there at this point. Personally, I can't justify the cost of a Comptech header. Perhaps you can share with us what other brands of headers you would recommend?
Old 03-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Automobile Aficionado

NJtsx, so you don't really have any personal experience with DC headers but you've heard that they are no good?

I'd like to evaluate other header options but unfortunately, there isn't much out there at this point. Personally, I can't justify the cost of a Comptech header. Perhaps you can share with us what other brands of headers you would recommend?
No i dont have any personal experiance with the DC hearders but its just word of mouth. comptech is usually the best for honda/acuras. Other then that since the TSX is so new its kinda just a trial and error. Japanese prodcuts would be our best bet so far but usually impossible to get any inof on or even get a handle on unless you travel to japan(lol). But they need to be a 4-2-1 setup without a doubt.

i would definately hold off on the DC's.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Stokeless

Comptech is garbage for 4bangers they only make power on v6's. I have delt with DC on numerous cars NEVER had a problem. I would use them over any other header out there just for the fact tha ti have never had a problem, used thwem on Civics, Integras, and Accords and had a few friends with them on preludes. Dont think its a bad product from what others say when u have never used them. The people you heard that from probably ran over a speed bump to fast and were mad because the header cracked...thats operator error..not the components fault.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator

I just got off the phone with DC Sports. They don't even have the header for the TSX yet, just pricing and part number. The ETA would be the end of this month. I guess dyno chart should follow shortly after.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:20 PM
ABP TSX

I just got off the phone with DC Sports. They don't even have the header for the TSX yet, just pricing and part number. The ETA would be the end of this month. I guess dyno chart should follow shortly after.
JT

Thanks for the update.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's great! Look forward to it.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Racer

how can the price something that is not created yet?

what is the price by the way?
Old 03-07-2004, 10:43 PM
cmf
ATCer

It' sreally common to have pricing before the product. I'm sure several are made already, but they're not gonna ship out 2 or 3 at a time. When I got my header for my IS300 through Toyomoto, I paid for the header several months prior to being made. Actually, sometimes it's cheaper to call them up, or a distributor to get the best pricing. Looks like someone should try to start a group buy. Me personally, I don't like DC products, I'll wait for something else.