Wishlist for the 2007 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Got Ramen?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I wonder if the airbag in the VW has ever deployed despite the sensors? Based on VW's forte for electronics, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

This thread is annoying me. It's turning back into the TSX vs. Jetta thread that annoyed the crap out of me too.

Quit bi*ching & moaning and buy the car you want that has the features you want!!!!!!

got annoyed at explaining the logic... it's like i was explaining to a 10 year old

there's one thing VW cant touch which you pointed out, LucMyTSX: Reliability
something that will never be a standard feature on VW
Old 01-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cusetsx
If that's the case (I assume in the Jetta) then I'd be interested to know the differences between the weight sensors in the VW compared to the Acura. I assume Honda didn't put heat in the seat back for some weight sensor related reasoning.
thats exactly the reason according to my salesman.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by dipkat
The new Infiniti's have something called as Intelligent Key Access which is quite innovative. The Key FOB has a radio chip embedded inside and only when the driver is say within 4 feet of the car, it unlocks the door automatically, when you pull the handle on the driver door. Also, you do not need to insert the key into the ignition. As long as the key is inside the car, you are granted access and you can press the START buttom behind the wheel to start the ignition. These features can also be disabled. Thats really cool. Alas, we cannot expect such from Acura.

that's not just infinity. toyota prius has that as an option, so i'm sure there's a few cars with this.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by TypeRS
and why is that? who says they can't do that? smart key technology is in the RL and will become more prominent in future models. you're comparing a technology that is in a 45000+ car to an acura that costs $27000. frankly, this smart key system isnt all thats cracked out to be, safety wise.

i got to try out a prelim IS350 test vehicle at work and you can start the car with the keycard 25 feet away! now say ur living in an apartment and you place ur key near the window...what's to stop someone from entering the car (or opening ur doors to steal objects) and driving off.

well lexus f'd that up then, 25 feet? that's rediculous. even though it's highly unlikely you'd be that close to your car from your apartment/house (unless you're talking about a manhattan sized apartment), that's just stupid. the prius you have to be right up on the car for the doors to unlock. you have to be IN the car for the ignition to go on. i have no idea how this works. a coworker explained it to me.

i thought it'd be cool to test it's limits, see if the keys in the trunk will allow the car to start...etc.etc.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I am just giving due credit to where it belongs.

VW deserves no credit, since with all those features, it's just another thing that can BREAK on a VW. one thing after another with those cars. i'd prefer no interior options, so it wouldnt piss me off everytime one needs to be serviced.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:46 PM
TSX: Boeing Dreamliner!

Wishlist:

Just a couple of things: Radio that tells me the name of the song and artist off an applicable radio station (I'm in Canada, so I don't know if the US already has this) - sort of like the GM cars have.

Andd one more thing, I'd like the option of the side mirrors also having the electronic dimming feature like the rearview mirror has. Finally, the rear passengers should have a storage in each of the doors with a handle, metal or wood trimmed, for the passenger and rear passenger doors - kind of like the IS.

Everyone wants more power.....but I don't think its likely or really necessary at this price level to increase the power to over 225hp (new method of calculation). Although the i-VTEC and intake should be refined to provide better low end torque - the intake could mimic the TL's cold air induction system.

There you go.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I wonder if the airbag in the VW has ever deployed despite the sensors? Based on VW's forte for electronics, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

This thread is annoying me. It's turning back into the TSX vs. Jetta thread that annoyed the crap out of me too.

Quit bi*ching & moaning and buy the car you want that has the features you want!!!!!!

i don't think he's complaining. his original thread was good intentioned. the TSX isn't perfect, so what features would you like to add. Right now, i can't think of anything, other than a button on the steering wheel to be able to scan through the channels one by one, instead of using the voice command or the tuner knob.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Got Ramen?

damn, Acura really needs to add RDS to their radios.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
i don't think he's complaining. his original thread was good intentioned. the TSX isn't perfect, so what features would you like to add. Right now, i can't think of anything, other than a button on the steering wheel to be able to scan through the channels one by one, instead of using the voice command or the tuner knob.
I agree that it didn't start out like that, but then it's VW has this, and VW has that.....

......THEN BUY THE FREAKING VW!!

Enough already. No car is perfect, just buy the one that most suits your needs/wants.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Have camera, will travel

Old 01-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Pro

agreed!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I agree that it didn't start out like that, but then it's VW has this, and VW has that.....

Enough already. No car is perfect, just buy the one that most suits your needs/wants.
I agree, this doesn't have to be an Acura "lovefest" with no disenting viewpoints. But sometimes it's like arguing religion! The wishlist describes features that even the RL doesn't have, and it's just plain silly to expect a automaker to add them to a car in it's last year of production.

If we were talking about the all-new car, its unlikely it will appear at this price point.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i hate VWs, he's just using that as a reference, probably cause that's where he's seen some features he'd like to have. i don't want anything designed by VW, because i don't want to have to use my warranty.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Senior Moderator

i hate VWs, he's just using that as a reference, probably cause that's where he's seen some features he'd like to have. i don't want anything designed by VW, because i don't want to have to use my warranty.
Didn't you see the TSX vs. Jetta thread Dipkat posted? She's all about VW so I think she should just go get one and stop this madness.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Colin
I agree, this doesn't have to be an Acura "lovefest" with no disenting viewpoints. But sometimes it's like arguing religion! The wishlist describes features that even the RL doesn't have, and it's just plain silly to expect a automaker to add them to a car in it's last year of production.

If we were talking about the all-new car, its unlikely it will appear at this price point.
Exactly. I want the TSX to stay at its current price so I can buy another one later on!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Didn't you see the TSX vs. Jetta thread Dipkat posted? She's all about VW so I think she should just go get one and stop this madness.
actually, in that post she decided on going with the TSX and is probably purchasing one or ordering one this month. So im not sure why everyone is giving her a hard time.

one of her posts in another thread was probably the best researched posts I have seen here in awhile (dyno charts etc).
Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by cp3117
actually, in that post she decided on going with the TSX and is probably purchasing one or ordering one this month. So im not sure why everyone is giving her a hard time.
Oh so Dip is a she. Sorry. I think the reason people give her crap, is that there seems to be a seeming inability to accept that certain things are "as is" at this price point and considering the TSXs position in the Acura line up. I feel like this was explained by myself (and others) yet the arguments persist.

Then you get the "don't get all upset" comment, that makes it seem like the posts are more about "stirring the pot" than a constructive disscussion. At this point, its more about "I say black and you say white"
Old 01-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Oh so Dip is a she. Sorry. I think the reason people give her crap, is that there seems to be a seeming inability to accept that certain things are "as is" at this price point and considering the TSXs position in the Acura line up. I feel like this was explained by myself (and others) yet the arguments persist.

Then you get the "don't get all upset" comment, that makes it seem like the posts are more about "stirring the pot" than a constructive disscussion. At this point, its more about "I say black and you say white"
Perfectly put. You can add all those other features that were discussed, but then the TSX wouldn't be in the same class or at the same price point.

I'm just saying that if Dipkat or anyone else for that matter wants all those other features, then she should buy the car that has what she wants. I too did a ton of research for about 2 years before I bought my TSX, I know what it's like to compare cars and features to death, but reality is that no car is going to have everything under the sun, and if there is a car like that, it would be astronimically expensive, which is not what the TSX is about.

To each his/her own!!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious!

1) Auto-Leveling HID headlights

2) A-Spec suspension standard, with a lower more M3 style aggressive lowered stance

3) Carbon Fiber Trim Option

4) LED Tailights

5) RWD, wishful thinking here.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:55 PM
TEMPLE OWLS Don't Sleep

Originally Posted by xenonhid

2) A-Spec suspension standard, with a lower more M3 style aggressive lowered stance

4) LED Tailights

Exactly what I would like on a TSX except maybe in AWD.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Suzuka Master

4) LED Tailights

Well... it is a "wish list" but...

1) No Acura has this, so we'll never see it on TSX first
2) Too expensive and too firm riding for the "masses" More money for AHM to sell it as an accessory
3) It would be a nice touch, possibly simulated CF will make the cut one day (TL has it this year)
4) IMO, the closest to production possibility (still won't happen in the last model year) but it will probably make the cut for 2008.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
LSD

+10-15 more HP over 2006

Auto-down on all 4 windows

18" lightweight factory rims w/ pure summer rubber (similar style to the silverstars, maybe split-spoke though?)

And really wishing: AWD w/ turbo.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by cp3117

one of her posts in another thread was probably the best researched posts I have seen here in awhile (dyno charts etc).
Thanks for the support cp3117

I am surprised, rather shocked to see that there are so many close-minded people over here. . I start a "comparo" thread and these idiots dont like the TSX being compared. :weird: . It's fine if the TSX is being compared to say for example a Bimmer or a Lexus, but not fine if it is compared to a VW Jetta. Guess what, the reality is that some of the finest analysts out there are comparing the TSX vs. the GLI and not the bimmer and guess which one is the winner. Its not me who is writing these articles on how the GLI is better. And honestly I dont five a . If you dont like comparo threads then dont participate.

Secondly, please read carefully the subject of this thread. It is a 'wishlist' . You cannot create such until you know what's available out there. So what if one of the feature's is avaliable in the VW or for that matter the G35. Its simply my wish that the TSX could have one of the features thats cool. I guess a couple of yo TSX folks just committed blasphemy - they wished for the VW DSG and the paddle shifters. Holy shit! them.

Sorry for the rant, but some of yo' need to stop VW at its very mention and contribute more towards a constructive dialogue.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Still Lovin my 06

I am surprised, rather shocked to see that there are so many close-minded people over here. . I start a "comparo" thread and these idiots dont like the TSX being compared. :weird: . It's fine if the TSX is being compared to say for example a Bimmer or a Lexus, but not fine if it is compared to a VW Jetta. Guess what, the reality is that some of the finest analysts out there are comparing the TSX vs. the GLI and not the bimmer and guess which one is the winner. Its not me who is writing these articles on how the GLI is better. And honestly I dont five a . If you dont like comparo threads then dont participate.

Secondly, please read carefully the subject of this thread. It is a 'wishlist' . You cannot create such until you know what's available out there. So what if one of the feature's is avaliable in the VW or for that matter the G35. Its simply my wish that the TSX could have one of the features thats cool. I guess a couple of yo TSX folks just committed blasphemy - they wished for the VW DSG and the paddle shifters. Holy shit! them.

Sorry for the rant, but some of yo' need to stop VW at its very mention and contribute more towards a constructive dialogue.

you've got a point, it should go without saying that the VW sucks, and we should just understand that anytime someone mentions it, that is understood, and not waste our time typing it.

oh yeah, VW sucks.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Instructor

things i would want for next design

240hp (honda can definately do 100bhp/l), they've done it in many cars before (ITR, RSX, civic, S2K, NSX, etc.)

less weight. the tsx is just too bloody heavy. i personally wouldnt miss the power seats and the gobs of sound insulation

slightly lower stance, or 18" wheels

but as it is, its still a great car.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Instructor

Wishlist for 2007

1) DFI Direct Fuel Injection (check it out - IS350 gets same gas mileage at 50% more power) (under development already prob 08) - 210 HP SAE

2) LED Tailights (Parts Bin Upgrade)

3) Headlights that Turn with Car. (RL)

4) Fix the stupid RDS, CD Track,XM tags already !, CD Changer should read MP3 files/names finally, Bring Back Nav Trip Computer.

other toys that might be nice:

traffodata (RL)
backup camera to work with screen (MDX bin)
down-tilting side mirror for parallel pkg (on Euro Accord)
paddle shifters (CSX part bin)
memory card reader (civic)
start button (new)
auto lock doors at 9MPH (new)
active noise cancellation (Accord Hybrid/TL/RL?) = might be needed with DFI
more voice options/nav customization options.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Instructor

I think VW socred over Acura on that one. Dunno how !
It is the long run that matters. Guess what I received in the mail this week! A recall notice on -- you guessed it -- the passenger seat heater element for my VW. I kid you not (venture over to the Passat World forums to hear the stories of burns and for full info on the recall.) Classic timing. They are considering spreading it to Audis and Jettas as well. So, VW loses in the end.

Many years ago (I'm really dating myself here) in the mid-80s I remember a similar conversation about sun/moonroofs and Honda. Other car companies had them. Honda did not. Why? In general, Honda (Mr. Honda) refused to add a feature until it was perfected (both in terms of operation as well as durability). Yes, there are exceptions in the 90s -- see, for examples, the transmission issues (not a gizmo, but you get my drift). But, quite frankly, I'd rather have a car with fewer gizmos that work every time I call on them than a vehicle that was potentially plagued by electrical gremlins. That's why I'm back in a Honda.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts

And yet again you seem to miss the point. The single most reliable source of information for this thread is Colin, as he is a sales rep for Acura. He has honestly pointed out what, from a corporate standpoint, does and does not make sense. However, like Colin pointed out, you seem to have a love affair with VW that biases your own posts against the TSX and you can't seem to accept the fact that while there is interest in certain technologies you mentioned, there are various reasons for why we will not see them in a MMI.

So stop belaboring the point about VW vs. TSX because it is getting old and honestly, quite annoying. If you want to have a constructive discussion, then don't make such a concerted effort to mention VW at every opportunity and how it is better than Acura.

Also, for future reference, do your homework. The RL has keyless access and ignition as part of its standard feature package and it is an option on the G35.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Instructor

Guess what, the reality is that some of the finest analysts out there are comparing the TSX vs. the GLI and not the bimmer and guess which one is the winner. Its not me who is writing these articles on how the GLI is better. . . Sorry for the rant, but some of yo' need to stop VW at its very mention and contribute more towards a constructive dialogue.
The reviewers right now are driving the GLI, and liking it. I can't fault them for that because I drove it and I liked how it handled too. But, that only tells part of the story.

I think the wish-list is a great idea. And I also think that VW makes cars that are very drivable. [RANT] The problem is feature-creep. Several corporations, including VW, have the philosophy that features are everything. So, features get rushed to the market that aren't perfected and these "features" impact the overall usefulness of the product negatively.

My wish list is that I want a product that works and can fulfill its primary purpose 99.9% of the time, not works only a majority of the time. I also want a product that I can depend on to be durable. I don't want Honda (Acura) to put itself in a situation where 3 out of 10 vehicles are not durable, or where we are supposed to be hoping that we get a car made Tues-Thurs. b/c the ones made on Mondays or Fridays are more prone to break-downs.

Any enhancement for driving I'm all for, provided that it doesn't introduce a complexity that hinders the durability of the product or makes it difficult to repair. As for rain-sensing wipers (not the speed sensing on the TSX, which you can turn off), compasses, speed sensitive volume controls, and the majority of other useless "features" (air conditioning in the glove box or places to hold a McDonalds' bag come to mind) I can do without those. That's why I hate the BMW i-Drive. Give me a button to press to change the airflow instead of a joystick to wiggle and press to go through screen after screen. In addition, I've been in several luxury-class vehicles where the "automatic" climate controls are horrible and destroy the driving experience. [The TSX climate control is a dream by comparison.] [/RANT]

As for my own personal wish-list for the TSX, there is one thing that I would like to see on the TSX: Self-dimming side mirrors.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Have camera, will travel

Jesus H. Christ, it's Nikki all over again. She changed her username and moved to New Jersey.

I'm in a freakin' time warp
Old 01-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Have camera, will travel

Jesus H. Christ, it's Nikki all over again. She changed her username and moved to New Jersey.

I'm in a freakin' time warp
Old 01-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Got Ramen?

DipKat, so y don't u just sell the TSX and buy the Jetta already then? if ur so nit picky about what the TSX lacks, then the car obviously isnt for you. did u even research the car (or the RL for the matter) before you purchased it?

all you do is bitch about what the VW has that the TSX doesnt. if you want more stuff, buy a more expensive upscale car. personally the looks, handling, quality and reliability of the TSX outshine the VW.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:20 AM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Good bye

MODS,

This Dipcat guy has been posting NEGATIVE and irrelevant posts for a while now.

I think he should get a warning or get removed from the AZ forum. I really dont see any positive contributions or sincere remarks here. We should protect our forum for Acura/honda enthusiasts.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Here's my thoughts on what we might see for 2007:

1) Tire pressure monitors
2) Reverse tilt down side mirrors
3) Side View Mirrors keyed to the Memory seats.
4) Auto Locking doors

Slim chance, but possible:
1) Auto Headlights
2) Rain sensing wipers
3) Small (5 hp) power bump
Old 01-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Here's my thoughts on what we might see for 2007:

1) Tire pressure monitors
2) Reverse tilt down side mirrors
3) Side View Mirrors keyed to the Memory seats.
4) Auto Locking doors

Slim chance, but possible:
1) Auto Headlights
2) Rain sensing wipers
3) Small (5 hp) power bump

As for tire pressure monitors.....my friend just got a new G35....leasing it. he's driving the other day, very cold. due to the temperature, the tire pressure changes slightly, and the readings are skewed on his TPM. he said an annoying beep kept indicating that his tire pressure was low. he reads the manual, and it mentions that cold weather can skew the readings..etc etc. so he talks to his buddy who has another car with TPM, and the dealer told him to "just ignore the beeping"

how funny is that. sounds like a feature i don't want, if half the time, it's telling me my pressure is low when it's actually fine.

and i used to think this was the coolest feature in the world!

i think reverse tild mirros would be nice, but i've never needed them to park before, so i can live without this for a while.

side view mirrors tied to memory seats (and rearview if ever possible) would be awesome!

auto locking doors adds no value to me, so i don't care one way or another.

i assumed it had auto headlights, only because my family has had lesser cars that had this. but again, no biggie!

rain sensing wipers, cool, but i bet this would peeve me too, unless they worked pretty well in detecting how fast they should be going.

a horsepower bump would be nice, but i didn't buy this car for the power. if i wanted more sport performance, woulda bought a different car.

i think acura is pretty in line for the most part on what people want outta this car.

and Colin....you are invaluable to this forum!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Have camera, will travel

MODS,

This Dipcat guy has been posting NEGATIVE and irrelevant posts for a while now.

I think he should get a warning or get removed from the AZ forum. I really dont see any positive contributions or sincere remarks here. We should protect our forum for Acura/honda enthusiasts.
Let's not get carried away. This place would be pretty boring if dissenting opinions were not allowed.

BTW, I think "he" is "she."
Old 01-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Advanced

Does anyone hate the idea of autolocking doors? I think I do, but i have only experienced these in rental cars.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Suzuka Master

As for tire pressure monitors.....my friend just got a new G35....leasing it. he's driving the other day, very cold. due to the temperature, the tire pressure changes slightly, and the readings are skewed on his TPM. he said an annoying beep kept indicating that his tire pressure was low. he reads the manual, and it mentions that cold weather can skew the readings..etc etc. so he talks to his buddy who has another car with TPM, and the dealer told him to "just ignore the beeping"

and i used to think this was the coolest feature in the world!
I doubt if your friend would know, but it's possible. Some manufacturers use a "differential" system that uses the cars' ABS wheel speed sensors to measure the difference in speed of the four tires. It then calculates from the RPMs if one is running lower than the other. Less inflation = smaller rolling diameter = higher rpm on that wheel. I wonder if Nissan is using this system?

Acura uses individual sensors mounted in the valve stem to send data to the dash computer with the exact tire pressure. It will then tell you exactly which tire is running low, and not just that "a tire" is low. I'm not sure if our system is more accurate in colder temperatures, (considering our climate) but I'm not aware of any issues like that with our TPMS. This would be very helpful to know though. Maybe your friends Nissan salesman knows which system they use?
Old 01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by wesleyl524
Does anyone hate the idea of autolocking doors? I think I do, but i have only experienced these in rental cars.
Yes, I hate them but if they're implemented, they'll be defeatable via the MFD.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:33 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

Look, I think the issue (if there really is one) is not what dipkat has put on her wishlist. It's the fact that based on her previous experiences on here she obviously likes features in other cars...namely VW. I could care less if it was VW or Yugo for that matter. The thing that seems to annoy other people on here is that she continues to ping the faults or wants in the TSX with a car that her sister happens to have. To be honest I still haven't figured out why she hasn't just sold her TSX and got the GLI.

But all of this is moot. Each person on this mainly "open" forum has the right to bitch (or praise) the TSX. However, that doesn't mean they should be surprised to hear opposite and conflicting opinions since it is in fact a PRO tsx forum. :duh:
[/Sarcasm] Maybe there just should be a "Everything I dislike about the TSX" forum. That way if you didn't want to see it you would't have to[/Sarcasm].

Dipkat, thanks for your wishlist. It's been noted and now you have to read everyone's opinion of it as well as what they would like instead. That's how it works. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Quick Reply: Wishlist for the 2007 TSX