Wishlist for the 2007 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by dipkat
I have used it on my sister's Jetta and it is very cool. Also I think the real value add is for the 6MT more than for the 5A
I drive a 6MT and have no problem operating my turn signals.... after all, who uses them anyway? It just signals the next guy to speed up!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Booya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Dip kat's not sure what he wants, on one hand he wants big (or bigger) hp and performance tires on 18" wheels. On the other he wants microprocessor controlled turn signals, 8 way seats. subwoofers and other convenience features. Why not just get an RL and let the TSX do what it is already doing well?
Well, its a wishlist afterall. No fret and fume
Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, its a wishlist afterall. No fret and fume
Who's fuming? A wish list is a wish list. I was just pointing out why it won't happen in a purely logical (from a car mfgrs point of view) fashion.

I will say this, you are good for the post count on the board!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

I have used it on my sister's Jetta and it is very cool. Also I think the real value add is for the 6MT more than for the 5A
I'll give it to you that it's cool man. But in the scheme of things it's a bennie more than a driving essential (at least in the US/Canada). Honda doesn't design their cars with the autobahn in mind. Heck in Europe the TSX (Accord) and most Hondas for that matter are not driven by the driving enthusiast .... they are more of older gentleman/womans car... a A to B car. If a European wants all the Autobahn designed tweaks they go with your fav VW/BMW.
And, no, there's nothing "wrong" with wanting those little features here in the States if that's what does it for ya. It's all about marketting and target buyers. I'm sure if you really wanted this feature you could retrofit it yourself .
Old 01-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with Dan Martin here. The TSX is already rather portly as it is and the last thing you need is more weight.

I also think that all these widgets and gadgets that people want to add to the TSX are going to do little more than distract an already distracted driver. On top of that, they add complexity and add more systems to a car that could potentially fail and cost money to repair and replace.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by cusetsx
I'll give it to you that it's cool man. But in the scheme of things it's a bennie more than a driving essential (at least in the US/Canada). Honda doesn't design their cars with the autobahn in mind. Heck in Europe the TSX (Accord) and most Hondas for that matter are not driven by the driving enthusiast .... they are more of older gentleman/womans car... a A to B car. If a European wants all the Autobahn designed tweaks they go with your fav VW/BMW.
And, no, there's nothing "wrong" with wanting those little features here in the States if that's what does it for ya. It's all about marketting and target buyers. I'm sure if you really wanted this feature you could retrofit it yourself .
Ain't the TSX the European Accord ? Well then what's wrong with having a few cool European features
Old 01-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Got Ramen?

it's cool to have a wishlist but you have to be reasonable about it and also realistic. put yourself in honda's r&d team and picture in mind what costs are involved with adding new features to it's current models... there's a reason y a manufacturer offers different models and prices for their cars. if they added all the desirable features into the TSX, then y bother for honda to even have a TL and RL?

sure, i would LOVE to see the TSX have a V8, AWD, and all those nice techno features...for under $28000, but u know what, it ain't happening for sure.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

When you talk about adding things, Colin Chapman said it best, "Add lightness"

I like Dans list, but I want leather! (and mood lights don't really add much weight...)
Old 01-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Got Ramen?

Ain't the TSX the European Accord ? Well then what's wrong with having a few cool European features
the TSX is the European Accord which comes from Japan...so it's really a Japanese Accord with more of a euro styling.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Booya

Alrite. Based on our discussions, here's my revised wishlist;

- Midrange control in audio system EQ
- Audio system personalization with memory
- Intgrated Voice ID control for iPod with tag display (and make XM optional)
- USB 2.0 interface to audio system
- Integrated MP3 with ID tagging support in audio system
- Sub-woofer
- 18-inch wheels with performance tires (option is fine)
- 1-touch up-down windows on all 4 windows
- Autolocking of doors at 10mph/preset speed limit
- Fully heated and 8-way power passenger seat

I think this is more reasonable.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
One-up the "Engine Start" fad....voice recognition engine start.

But make sure to call it "Super Voice Recognizing Vehicle Initiation" to keep with the company nomenclature.

Really though hopefully it keeps with Honda virtues - light, nimble, an engineer's engine, and for acura - keeps on as a value for entry lux sports sedans. Wouldn't mind seeing Honda join the transmission wars as well - I would love to see DSG, SMG, etc. Toyotas got an 8 speed Auto on the way?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Racer

my list:
moonroof/leather delete option
18" wheels, performance tires
LSD!!!!
better brakes
paddle shift auto instead of SS
plenty of hp but the car needs more torque
Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl

But make sure to call it "Super Voice Recognizing Vehicle Initiation" to keep with the company nomenclature.

Really though hopefully it keeps with Honda virtues - light, nimble, an engineer's engine, and for acura - keeps on as a value for entry lux sports sedans. Wouldn't mind seeing Honda join the transmission wars as well - I would love to see DSG, SMG, etc. Toyotas got an 8 speed Auto on the way?
Yep, remote engine start is really nice to have. Especially in the winter time, I would love to walk 3 minutes later into my TSX and find a nice butt-warming seat ready for me
Old 01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

- Sub-woofer

Does the VW have weight sensors in the 8-way power fully heated passenger seat to disallow air bag deployment?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Does the VW have weight sensors in the 8-way power fully heated passenger seat to disallow air bag deployment?
Does anybody else besides Honda/Acura?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Booya

Yep it does and still has a fully heated back (unlike the TSX). Also 12-way power passenger seat with power lumbar and 5 setting temperature controller. The heated seats are by far the best I have ever seen in the current crop of cars in the market.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts

Actually, Honda has a CVT with 7-speed paddle shifters available on a Asia only model. I would love to see that make it into a US model as the alternative to the standard automatic transmission.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Actually, Honda has a CVT with 7-speed paddle shifters available on a Asia only model. I would love to see that make it into a US model as the alternative to the standard automatic transmission.
The paddle-shifters are useless when shifting during turning. It would be quite innovative to have a paddle ring of some sort which could pushed at any angle of the steering wheel.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:57 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

Yep it does and still has a fully heated back (unlike the TSX). Also 12-way power passenger seat with power lumbar and 5 setting temperature controller. The heated seats are by far the best I have ever seen in the current crop of cars in the market.
If that's the case (I assume in the Jetta) then I'd be interested to know the differences between the weight sensors in the VW compared to the Acura. I assume Honda didn't put heat in the seat back for some weight sensor related reasoning.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Booya

If that's the case (I assume in the Jetta) then I'd be interested to know the differences between the weight sensors in the VW compared to the Acura. I assume Honda didn't put heat in the seat back for some weight sensor related reasoning.
I think VW socred over Acura on that one. Dunno how !
Old 01-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Safety Car

Yep, remote engine start is really nice to have. Especially in the winter time, I would love to walk 3 minutes later into my TSX and find a nice butt-warming seat ready for me
That would be nice too, but what I meant was getting in the car and saying "engine start" and having it start by recognizing your voice print or a loved one's voiceprint, without a keyfob and pushing an engine start button like Toyota/Benz makes you do.

to expand further, having it recognize your voice, and automatically adjust the seating position, mirrors, and other driver settings to your own. Or, if you have your kid or wife driving it, automatically set maximum speed to 55 mph and max rpms to 4000. Alright 5000, but no vtec for others.

He he he....higher engine speeds for me and me alone.....
Old 01-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
that would be nice to see....DSG seems to be the leading technology when it comes to Auto-manuals. I always wonder if CVT is as responsive when it comes to mashing the throttle down.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:06 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

Dude you just scream VW fanboy
The entire seat is engineered differently. That being said it might be possible for the seat to be re-designed (not knowing the specifics of the electronics involved). However, there maybe a specific reason that it can NOT be done, without a total complete seat redesign, which I doubt they'd do for awhile.

Seriously you bought a Acura, it's not a VW, it won't ever be a VW. Different car manufactures will ALWAYS have features only found if you buy their product. It's a fact of life.

Now, that's not saying you can't have a pipe dream that it could happen. It's a free country after all.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Booya

That would be nice too, but what I meant was getting in the car and saying "engine start" and having it start by recognizing your voice print or a loved one's voiceprint, without a keyfob and pushing an engine start button like Toyota/Benz makes you do.

to expand further, having it recognize your voice, and automatically adjust the seating position, mirrors, and other driver settings to your own. Or, if you have your kid or wife driving it, automatically set maximum speed to 55 mph and max rpms to 4000. Alright 5000, but no vtec for others.

He he he....higher engine speeds for me and me alone.....
The new Infiniti's have something called as Intelligent Key Access which is quite innovative. The Key FOB has a radio chip embedded inside and only when the driver is say within 4 feet of the car, it unlocks the door automatically, when you pull the handle on the driver door. Also, you do not need to insert the key into the ignition. As long as the key is inside the car, you are granted access and you can press the START buttom behind the wheel to start the ignition. These features can also be disabled. Thats really cool. Alas, we cannot expect such from Acura.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Safety Car

The paddle-shifters are useless when shifting during turning. It would be quite innovative to have a paddle ring of some sort which could pushed at any angle of the steering wheel.
As long as the paddles do not turn with the wheel, then it would be alright. Ferrari's paddles come to mind, which are on the stalk and are quite long, following the curve of the steering wheel.

Having a smaller steering wheel and steering ratio helps, so that your hands aren't moving from from 9 and 3 or 10 and 2 o'clock positions. Didn't the Sequential autos on the NSX or Prelude have paddles that stayed stationary?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Safety Car

The new Infiniti's have something called as Intelligent Key Access which is quite innovative. The Key FOB has a radio chip embedded inside and only when the driver is say within 4 feet of the car, it unlocks the door automatically, when you pull the handle on the driver door. Also, you do not need to insert the key into the ignition. As long as the key is inside the car, you are granted access and you can press the START buttom behind the wheel to start the ignition. These features can also be disabled. Thats really cool. Alas, we cannot expect such from Acura.
Ya, my mom's 01 or 02 S500 has had it for quite awhile now. Walkup with fob in pocket, open door with no key, press start button on the gearshift lever (again, sans key), and voila, engine start.....too bad I had to sit her down and teach her how to do it.

Why do you say we can't expect that from Acura? Trolling are we, Dipkat?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Booya

I know the Jetta well enough because my lil' sis' has one. Does not make me a VW fanboy. I love the TSX for what it is. I wish for all these in the TSX 'coz I cant stand the fact that C&D and Edmunds.com ranked the Jetta higher than the TSX. I would like to see the TSX score over and above all the competition there.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Got Ramen?

and why is that? who says they can't do that? smart key technology is in the RL and will become more prominent in future models. you're comparing a technology that is in a 45000+ car to an acura that costs $27000. frankly, this smart key system isnt all thats cracked out to be, safety wise.

i got to try out a prelim IS350 test vehicle at work and you can start the car with the keycard 25 feet away! now say ur living in an apartment and you place ur key near the window...what's to stop someone from entering the car (or opening ur doors to steal objects) and driving off.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Colin
I drive a 6MT and have no problem operating my turn signals.... after all, who uses them anyway? It just signals the next guy to speed up!

are you sure you're not from new england?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Sub-woofer

what about people who think the iPod is garbage, since myself, my sister, her boyfriend, and 3 of his friends, have all had insane amounts of problems with their iPods? If i didn't get the 20 gig and the mini for free, i'd own a creative mp3 player.

ipod garbage.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Got Ramen?

I know the Jetta well enough because my lil' sis' has one. Does not make me a VW fanboy. I love the TSX for what it is. I wish for all these in the TSX 'coz I cant stand the fact that C&D and Edmunds.com ranked the Jetta higher than the TSX. I would like to see the TSX score over and above all the competition there.
yet u keep comparing VW in favor to the TSX...
Old 01-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by TypeRS
and why is that? who says they can't do that? smart key technology is in the RL and will become more prominent in future models. you're comparing a technology that is in a 45000+ car to an acura that costs $27000. frankly, this smart key system isnt all thats cracked out to be, safety wise.

i got to try out a prelim IS350 test vehicle at work and you can start the car with the keycard 25 feet away! now say ur living in an apartment and you place ur key near the window...what's to stop someone from entering the car (or opening ur doors to steal objects) and driving off.
Oh cool. Move it down to the TL and then the TSX just like they did with the bluetooth. Another one added to my wishlist. If the G35 can have it, then why not the TL and TSX.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by bradykp
what about people who think the iPod is garbage, since myself, my sister, her boyfriend, and 3 of his friends, have all had insane amounts of problems with their iPods? If i didn't get the 20 gig and the mini for free, i'd own a creative mp3 player.

ipod garbage.
They are out of luck. Apple made the first move and tied up with Acura. They can used the Aux jack implies no Voice ID and ID tag display.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Booya

Originally Posted by TypeRS
yet u keep comparing VW in favor to the TSX...
I am just giving due credit to where it belongs.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Booya

They are out of luck. Apple made the first move and tied up with Acura. They can used the Aux jack implies no Voice ID and ID tag display.
Personally, I like the new Creative Zen Neon (black) much better than the iPod Nano. Paid $165 for a 6 GB Neon. It rocks.

Well signing-off for the day. Good day friends!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Suzuka Master

DipKat ..... are you sure "kat", is what you wanted after "Dip"?

Hey, just funnin' wit ya!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Safety Car

Oh cool. Move it down to the TL and then the TSX just like they did with the bluetooth. Another one added to my wishlist. If the G35 can have it, then why not the TL and TSX.
The engine start thing would be neat on a G35 if its interior didn't strike me as "Luxury Chevy Cavalier". That orange lighting and buttong placement is hideous - be thankful its got motor.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Ok, but after a year or so, do all those electronic gadgets you've mentioned still work in a VW?

Hmmmmm.......

You might be paying for extra crap that won't work anyway. I'll take my TSX the way it is, thank you.

If anyone doesn't like it, then you might be happier with something else, and more power to you.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I wonder if the airbag in the VW has ever deployed despite the sensors? Based on VW's forte for electronics, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

This thread is annoying me. It's turning back into the TSX vs. Jetta thread that annoyed the crap out of me too.

Quit bi*ching & moaning and buy the car you want that has the features you want!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeC1982
my list:
moonroof/leather delete option
18" wheels, performance tires
LSD!!!!
better brakes
paddle shift auto instead of SS
plenty of hp but the car needs more torque
I really like this list and its not to unrealistic for the 2007 model year...

add in a DSG w/paddle shift down the road and a remote system like infiniti and that would be awesome.....not sure about the voice activated start etc. My friend that owns a RL has always had problems with his and I dont think I would want to rely on that to start my car till its better perfected....

Quick Reply: Wishlist for the 2007 TSX