Why do people have to hit my car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003 | 07:12 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Why do people have to hit my car!

So I left work early yesterday after having some flu like symptoms and as I am pulling out of the parking garage two ladies stop my and tell me they saw someone hit my car and sure enough (I didn’t even notice) the bumper right below the tail light was popped out about an inch and there was a little scratch (about the size of a dime) on the bumper. The ladies recognized the guy who did it and I am in the process of trying to track him down. I was able to push the piece below the tail light back in and you can’t even tell. The scratch is very small, but I didn’t pay $25k+ to have my car less than a month and some idiot hit it. I also want someone to check it out to make sure there aren’t any clips or other things that I cant see that are broken. My main question is that this scratch is on the plastic part of the bumper, what can be done to fix plastic?
Old 10-31-2003 | 07:16 PM
CeD

Is it just a scratch? Or is it also slightly dented?

Is the scratch deep (can you feel it with your fingernail)?
Old 10-31-2003 | 07:21 PM

It roughed up the plastic; it would be like taking very gritty sandpaper and rubbing on the area.
Old 10-31-2003 | 07:24 PM
CeD

Are you able to take a picture of it?
Old 10-31-2003 | 07:40 PM

Here it is....thanks to our first snow the car is a little dirty

Old 11-01-2003 | 10:25 PM
Instructor

Looks like it's a deep scratch that polishing will not remove. If you really want to keep you car looking pristine, get to the body shop to re-spray the bumper.

Maybe you can get the insurance to pay part of the cost of repainting.
Old 11-01-2003 | 11:26 PM
Banned

you forgot to tell us the most important part:

how are you tracking this mofo down!??!
Old 11-01-2003 | 11:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Keep us updated on tracking down the scum!!! I hope you got names and contact numbers of the witnesses. Hit and run is a felony!

A couple months ago, I watched a so-and-so trying to park her Suburban trawler wagon into a standard size parking space, and she struggled and struggled to get that trawler wagon positioned and turned enough. I stopped to watch. I knew something was going to happen, and sure enough, bam! She scraped someone's Ford. I then looked directly at her and watched, watched, watched. She backed out and reparked, and walked over toward me. The first thing out of her mouth was, "I didn't hit anything."
Old 11-02-2003 | 11:19 AM

I would give up some power for a forcefield! I guess people just dont respect their cars. I am sure if I went into that suburban ladies house and bumped her china closet she would get pissed.

Originally posted by Crazytree
you forgot to tell us the most important part:

how are you tracking this mofo down!??!
Two ladies who work at my company (who I dont even know) were out smoking and saw the guy do it. I guess he got out looked at my car and then took off. He works for a different company in the same building and I am trying to track him down. A am thankful to those ladies for stopping me!

Upon further investigation it looks like my bumper doest sit flush with the tail light, so it looks like it needed more than just to be snapped back into place. I called the dealer and he said he could make me an appointment for thursday, so hopefully I find the guy who hit my car and I can beat the money out of him (hopefully it wont come to that).
Old 11-03-2003 | 11:38 AM

Well I found the guy who hit my car and KICKED HIS A$$, well actaully I just got his card and will be taking it into the dealer this week to get a quote and then get it fixed. The guy is lucky he had glasses on!

But please stop hitting my car people
Old 11-03-2003 | 03:21 PM
Racer

Congrats on finding the guy -- that's pretty fortunate. Sounds like you deserve some luck though. We're all pulling for Kate's quick, thorough recovery at the body shop.

I'm feeling grateful all of a sudden that I've gone 5+ months now without significant dings/scratches etc. -- my most traumatic moment was hitting a stupid dove in the middle of the road that didn't fly away in time but it didn't cause any damage to my bumper -- the dove didn't fare as well, however:busted:
Old 11-03-2003 | 03:40 PM
Intermediate

Woohooo. Finally the bad guy gets caught