What's the worst INSULT you've gotten about your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Isnt it funny that this thread has turned into TL owners being offended that we take our cars being called TL's as an insult?

Why are you TL guys even here? Aren't you happy with what you have without having to defend it? By the number of responses and quality of responses, I think not.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CometVR4
You can get Navi in the Civic now. Honda is adding VSA to the Si, All cars after Sept 07 Production will have TPMS. What features does the TSX have again?
HIDs
Leather
Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
Power Seats
Old 08-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I didn't realize this earlier but most dealerships are selling Navi TLs for invoice. But won't budge on the price of the TSX.

Next
Have you bothered looking at what people in your area are paying for the TSX? Nobody pays MSRP anymore. When I got my 04 back in 2003, I paid $500 over invoice. My 06 was one of the first ones to arrive at my dealer in VA and even then I knocked $750 off the MSRP. And even if it is $3k, it's still money that could be spent elsewhere. Again, I don't see your point?

You can get Navi in the Civic now. Honda is adding VSA to the Si, All cars after Sept 07 Production will have TPMS. What features does the TSX have again?
Bluetooth
Power Memory Driver's Seat
Power Passenger seat
Seat heaters
Auto dim rearview mirror
HID headlamps
Longer warranty
Automatic Climate Control
Homelink
CD changer
XM satellite Radio
Foglights
Heated mirrors
Double-wishbone suspension
Side curtain airbags
More passenger space

Shall I continue?

Seriously, the more you argue, the more you sound like someone with something to prove (which isn't a good thing). If you are happy with your purchase, then move on and let us be happy with ours.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On topic: Never really received an insult in person, just on the Internet tubes.
Originally Posted by Roogs
Does anybody have DVD-A discs? That is like bragging you have laser-disc player.

I like the TL. I could affort the TL. I thought the TSX was better value for the money. Plain and simple. If I was going to drop that coin on the TL I was already considering getting a BMW330.

It never ceases to amaze me the need people have to make themselves feel better by putting others down. I like my TSX...you like your TL. Lets be happy. Or do I need to throw my 60" plasma in your face to make myself feel better?

Off topic: Indeed. The DVD-A in the TL was indeed sweet - too bad very little of the music I like is on DVD-A and the performance of the system with regular CDs was maybe marginally better than the TSX in a personal back-to-back-to-back comparison (I upgraded the amp and speakers in the TSX since purchasing).

Some people just don't understand the TSX or why some people buy it; the TSX is not the greatest car ever - it's just the best car for some people when they chose to buy it (just like the TL for others). I was figuring I'd get a TL when I started shopping, but after my own test drives, I didn't think the TL was worth the extra $$ for my needs (esp. without a fold-down rear seat). Total $$ was not the issue over personal value those $$ bring - I could go out and buy a new BMW M5 if I thought it was the best value for me right now in addition to the TSX and destroy a TL in every way and still have plenty of money left over every month, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board owning a TSX capable of doing so.

Just as some people stereotype people driving really expensive cars, I've found it goes the reverse direction even a little stronger. Hell, I've met a millionaire many times over (remember I live in Seattle) that drives a little old clunker Toyota Tercel. Is he somehow "lesser" because he didn't buy a TL? Or a Bentley? Or a Ferrari? Or perhaps people have different priorities in life?? Hmmmm.....
Old 08-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
You should have your son register so I can promptly ban his ass.
He's changed completely now. I think he wants me in a something even newer, thinking he'll get the TSX.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Brother Sum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dalieu
i have gotten:

"nice honda" - doesnt really bother me.

"why didn't he buy a luxury car?" - my ex-gf's older sister talking behind my back, one of those ppl who would buy a used BMW for $28k before considering buying a new TSX. this one did get to me.

"why didn't you get a TL?" - some ppl will never understand: economy + handling > power (especially, 250hp+ only on the front wheels )

"why didn't you get a lexus or bmw instead?" - bmw maintenance = no thanks. i don't really have a problem with lexus, but for some reason, i like acura more.

"too bad for a luxury car, it doesn't come with rear vents for the back passagers." - i actually agree with this one.

seems like i remember more insults than compliments...
ok, I gotta step in here and say something.... I have a 2005 TL,

Friend says: "Look! there's another TL.." My friend points at a TSX.
>I boxed his nose.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vitocorleone
Just as some people stereotype people driving really expensive cars, I've found it goes the reverse direction even a little stronger. Hell, I've met a millionaire many times over (remember I live in Seattle) that drives a little old clunker Toyota Tercel. Is he somehow "lesser" because he didn't buy a TL? Or a Bentley? Or a Ferrari? Or perhaps people have different priorities in life?? Hmmmm.....

Some people just have different priorities. Some don't mind going into debt just so they can drive an expensive car. While others may be very wealthy, yet still drive sensible cars.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Regarding the TL & TSX discussion... The TL was within my grasp for purchase, but it is simply too large. Not only did the TSX cost less, but its size almost perfectly matches what I want--definitely don't want to go any larger.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This thread has been walking a tightrope for a while now. We don't need any more TL vs. TSX battles so I'm going to lock it up since I'm logging off and won't be able to monitor it. Any mod want to open it back up, feel free.