What's the worst INSULT you've gotten about your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jesuswalks
"O my sisters girl friend has that car", "o ya did i mention shes a girl!"
Your sister is a lesbo? hot!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

A buddy at work tells me it is nice, but boring looking. I don't value his opinion much. he wants to get a new car and is considering an eclipse and a tC. I said he should cut off his balls and i will hold them in my desk until he is ready to be a man again.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:04 AM
AlwysCleanURArely c ASpec

I just came back to school with my new car and a bunch of guys already have been like, "sickkk .. nice TL", then I have to correct them and there like "ohh yea uhh T..S..X.. coool". Some people thought I put a TV in the dash though considering the size of the navi screen. The car should have a few more things, but then again compared to the other cars in the category, the TSX has a lot of standard features that are extra on other cars. The headlights and heated seats/mirrors on some cars will run up the cost.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
one of my employees asked if the white car in the lot was my new car. when i said yeah she said "thats all? i thought it would be something special." should have fired her.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:56 AM
Undercover Slacker

Originally Posted by PhiSigBrotha
one of my employees asked if the white car in the lot was my new car. when i said yeah she said "thats all? i thought it would be something special." should have fired her.
LOL, wait... now I'm offended, fire her now!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:02 AM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IranBT
The worst insult I got was from a FORD salesman! I pulled in with my TSX into the Ford Dealership(to get a god damn part for my coworker's Mercury) and the mofo salesman say's "How much did that thing cost you? $40K?"

I said "just about". When I came back to my car the bastard was still standing there with a smile and said "You could've got a loaded Fusion for 10 grand less than that".

I got in my car and while driving away said "Yeah and I could've comitted suicide for free".
still the best one.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 AM
Racer

Hmm . . . I got a bunch of comments like this on the "other" forum . . .

"Good god. I'm happy that I have the 2005 model then the 2006. That kit looks horrible. The front lip looks like they just slapped it on and doesn't really flow with the car just like how the corolla kit looks."

"Looks very tacky"

"the 06 kit is a disaster. They just make this car look worse and worse. Might as well just put Hyundai badges on it now. "

"that is one butt ugly front lip"
Old 08-30-2006, 07:40 AM
5th Gear

My 3 year old getting into it for the first time and saying she likes my tundra better.
But she was happy when I gave her a ride and opened the moonroof. She thought that was cool.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:07 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by jmathew34
i don't get insults..

i just open up the hood and their panties get wet!
You shoulda tried that before the supercharger install and seen how they reacted...

Old 08-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TriniBwoy
As a TL owner I do sympathize with you TSX owners. But you go to admit, a stock TSX (espiecally the 06's) does lean slightly on the feminine side.
Sounds like another TL owner trying to justify the extra money they spent...

Old 08-30-2006, 08:56 AM
1st Gear

I've been told it's too slow as well.....my boyfriend has a tC and he drives my car from time to time. He loves my car overall but insists that his car is faster from a dead stop although he concedes my TSX will outgun his tC once they're cruising.

Other than that, I've gotten nothing but compliments........people really love the navi, heated seats, heated mirrors, xm, etc and can't believe I got it for under $27 new!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:49 AM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

the worst I've gotten was.... "hey nice car, is it a TL or RSX?"
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Recovering SUV Addict...

Originally Posted by runner453
"it looks like a bmw" (no, asshole, it looks like an Acura)
I disagree...I think it bears more than a passing resemblance to the previous gen 3-series. The lines are quite similar - the trunk line is almost dead on. It's part of the reason I liked the car to begin with. It's classy, slightly understated, but still damn fine looking.

"why didn't he buy a luxury car?" - my ex-gf's older sister talking behind my back, one of those ppl who would buy a used BMW for $28k before considering buying a new TSX. this one did get to me.
Hmm...I'm one of those people too. That's what I started out going to purchase - a used 330xi ('03 or '04). However...I ended up with the new TSX. IMO, the BMW I was looking at was $5k overpriced...(it was about $4400 OVER bluebook at the dealer who wouldn't move off of it...)
Old 08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
CarbonGreyPearlEbony

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by qweezyq
Your sister is a lesbo? hot!

LOL
Old 08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
As a TL owner I do sympathize with you TSX owners. But you go to admit, a stock TSX (espiecally the 06's) does lean slightly on the feminine side.

sure thing buddy. :shakehead
Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BzeTSX
my ford crazy boss hates rice and thinks everyting japanese is rice said the interior looked cheap. ya...i didnt even bother to respond, but that still pisses me off today...
Ford-crazy? Who is Ford-crazy these days? You mean the company that has a 50% chance of going under or merging itself out of existance?

10 years from now it is possible the Ford brand won't even exist. It is mind-boggling that people hang on to past glory as a gauge of current value. Ford sucks. They are dying a death by papercuts.

Chris
Old 08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts

I rather have my car be a chick magnet than a dick magnet. Women appreciate all things that are beautiful and the TSX is just one them.

I’m not sure about other TL drivers; but I see you are happy with all the dick you’re attracting with your car.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Advanced

I was out for lunch on a patio last week and some tools show up in an A4 and they park right beside my car, and as they pass by me on the patio the passenger of the A4 asks the driver “what kind of car is that?” the driver responds “a four door RSX!” I almost reached over the fence and slapped him!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Race Director

Yeah, I agree. I would like to park and then get out of my TSX. Then a hot lady comes up to you and asks what kind of Acura is that than a guy asking me what Acura that is.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"too bad its front wheel drive"

"It just looks fast"

"I'm sorry but Acuras just aren't fast"

"i've never seen a lowered TL"

"Is that a Civic Hybrid"

My all time favorite from the wifee "why did you downgrade it to a Honda, we didn't spend 30k to buy a Honda!?"

I always repsond, "Well, I did!!", as I roll over on my uncomfortable couch.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:21 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
"Is that a Civic Hybrid"

Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda
My all time favorite from the wifee "why did you downgrade it to a Honda, we didn't spend 30k to buy a Honda!?"
by the wife. I like the way she thinks.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
I rather have my car be a chick magnet than a dick magnet.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by qweezyq
A buddy at work tells me it is nice, but boring looking. I don't value his opinion much. he wants to get a new car and is considering an eclipse and a tC. I said he should cut off his balls and i will hold them in my desk until he is ready to be a man again.
Oh the irony...
Old 08-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Pro

"thats a chicks car"

"why are you even trying to make it fast? its not worth it"

"thats a tl right?"

"what is that, a mazda 6?"

"why would u spend that much on such a slow car. you could have gotten something a lot faster"

and i hate when my friend with a modded m3 looks at pics from a meet or something and is like:

"too bad none of those cars are fast"
its like ok sorry, we all cant own m3's. its not all about speed.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

I rather have my car be a chick magnet than a dick magnet. Women appreciate all things that are beautiful and the TSX is just one them.

I’m not sure about other TL drivers; but I see you are happy with all the dick you’re attracting with your car.
If you think you can attract chicks with your TSX, you may want to make sure it's actually chicks your attracting with your TSX buddy...LOL.

OK, I don't want to just be another TL owner bashing you guys about the TSX. I actually was going to purchase a TSX, believe it or not. It's a great car. Besides it being feminine, a few other things I didn't like about it made me go with the TL. For example, the skyscraper stance.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lets not start cross-model bashing and stick to the original purpose of this thread.

"What's the worst insult you've gotten about your TSX?" This does not mean to think of insults to throw at a TSX. Capiche?
Old 08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Burning Brakes

way to regulate!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
If you think you can attract chicks with your TSX, you may want to make sure it's actually chicks your attracting with your TSX buddy...LOL.

OK, I don't want to just be another TL owner bashing you guys about the TSX. I actually was going to purchase a TSX, believe it or not. It's a great car. Besides it being feminine, a few other things I didn't like about it made me go with the TL. For example, the skyscraper stance.
I don't take offense with this, as the TSX wasn't designed with design cues forcing us to believe its masculine. Alot of cars designs try to exude some sort of maleness - take alot of the Dodge/Chrysler offerings for instance. Am I supposed to believe a Dodge Caliber is more masculine that a TSX because of a couple of design cues? No, and the same goes for the TL. I myself can't impart a sense of gender on an car just because of some design language. For some reason, I tend to see past that. However, if you see it that way, you've succumbed to design marketing or worse yet, your own ego.

And of course many of the great car designs tended to be feminine....take many ferraris, mercedes-benzes, etc, which can be described as having sexy curves or as voluptuous. Even the s2000 or Miata's can be feminine, but we all know those little roadsters drive great, male or female.

But to counter your emasculation of the TSX, I think your comment is just as valid as me believing that a TL owner calling the TSX feminine is himself, compensating for some inadequacy...it may not be true, but nonetheless, we can be led to believe this. No offense of course. I too was going to get a TL of course, but the driving experience turned me off. I thought it was just me, until I read many reviews echoing my sentiments. Oh well.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whynot
"Dude, you got an Acura? Why didn't you get the TL instead?"
That pisses me off!
If I wanted to get a damn TL then I would! but why the hell would I want so my much power at the front wheels??
I tell people that I'm particulary fond of sweet-running Honda 4's. The 6-cylinder offers absolutely nothing of value to me, so it's a pure waste of money.

The engine issue isn't nearly as big of an issue as asked about my choice of manual tranny. If it weren't for a manual tranny, I wouldn't be driving a TSX.

So...when people ask me why I didn't get the auto tranny, I tell them I have no need to drive on the highway or around town while jabbering on a cellphone, or checking my hair, or eating burgers, or reading a magazine. There ought to be a law against this. (Ever notice that those jabber on the cellphone while driving never signal for turns or lane changes? Perhaps car manufacturers should put shin or knee-operated turn signals in cars for these people?)

The desire to use the cell phone driving is one significant reason why sales of vehicles with manual trannies have declined in the past 10 years or so.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Racer

I always see women in TLs and TSXs, i almost never see guys.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:19 PM
mrgold35

Their husbans/boyfriends are at work paying for those TLs and TSXs.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Instructor

acura are typically girl cars.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Time to Climb

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
I’m not sure about other TL drivers; but I see you are happy with all the dick you’re attracting with your car. [/QUOTE]

hahahahaha!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Team Owner

If you riding males is your thing, who am I to question that...

Old 08-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by rugbybrado
Where do you people come up with this stuff? Freud would have a field day analyzing you folks.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Their husbans/boyfriends are at work paying for those TLs and TSXs.
I paid for mine myself, thanks.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
so why did you get one then??
Old 08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
6MT or Death

Originally Posted by rugbybrado
The idea of the "girl car" is amusing. You've got the Cabrio/Jetta/Beetle/Miata/Old RAV4 etc that are styled for and marketed to women, and then someone decides an entire luxury line is for girls? Look at the CL. Acuras don't get any more feminine looking than that as far as I'm concerned, but look at how many guys are on the forum.

The worst insult I've ever received regarding my TSX is "Those rims are foul."
Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
mrgold35

We are just spinning this thread off in a black hole!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dj Dozhe
Acuras don't get any more feminine looking than that as far as I'm concerned, but look at how many guys are on the forum.

About the guys on the forums, how many times have you been to ANY car forums and seen girls reliously posting about their cars ?

Even on vw sites the vast majority is still guys. But if you look around on the streets the majority of people who are driving acuras are women.

Quick Reply: What's the worst INSULT you've gotten about your TSX?