What DON'T You Like About the TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by KunalPatel87
Volvo S40 T5 and Mercedes-Benz C Class Coupe
You must have been on crack. Neither of those cars has even close to a decent stereo as standard equipment. Sure you could "upgrade," but that's more money spent, which you don't have to do on the TSX.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2 cents

It may sound lame but my wife HATES how there are no pre-tuned numbers on the stereo to push. She disliked having to go though the navi so much she wouldn't buy it.

I think there should be an intensity button on the outside as well...who wants to go through navi to change the temp or intensity of air.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by excited
Sometimes I just get weary of all of the compliments. I guess it is just one of the crosses that you have to bear as a RBP TSX owner.
That is awesome.

This is correct. Turn the defroster on then observe the display. You will note that A/C is shown as "on."
What I don't get is why so many people always equate "A/C" to "cold air". "A/C" means "air conditioning". Nowhere does that mean specifically cold, or hot for that matter. Air conditioning will work to condition the air to the requested temperature and equalized humidity. That's why it's turned on when you turn on the defogger. It's been like that for many many years in Hondas and Nissans (and probably others). (Mazda, on the other hand, doesn't seem to get that, as seen on the Mazda Tribute my parents own...)
So, to reiterate: A/C != always cold air
Old 02-16-2006, 02:21 PM
TSX User

Originally Posted by swirlie
So, to reiterate: A/C != always cold air
OK, we get it.

In my mind, it seems that Honda vehicles (never really driven any other japanese brand) generate more humid air than other german (VW, BMW and MB) cars I have driven. Every Civic and Accord I've driven easily fog up.

That is, given the same conditions, Hondas tend to fog up more easily and it seems much more difficult to get rid of it.

I think the airduct must be entering the cabin via a different route or certain engine parts that are particularly "hot" may be preventing normal dry air to pass.

The bottom line, it sucks that the AC is so frequently needed to defag the interior, especially since it eats into the gas mileage and it certainly adds to the vibrations.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm a llama :(

Originally Posted by TinkyWinky
OK, we get it.

In my mind, it seems that Honda vehicles (never really driven any other japanese brand) generate more humid air than other german (VW, BMW and MB) cars I have driven. Every Civic and Accord I've driven easily fog up.

That is, given the same conditions, Hondas tend to fog up more easily and it seems much more difficult to get rid of it.

I think the airduct must be entering the cabin via a different route or certain engine parts that are particularly "hot" may be preventing normal dry air to pass.

The bottom line, it sucks that the AC is so frequently needed to defag the interior, especially since it eats into the gas mileage and it certainly adds to the vibrations.
My friends volvo never fogs up. Every Japanese car I've owned or riden in fogged up with more than 2 people in the car. If I'm driving with my family, I have to keep AC on ALL the time!
Old 02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChasC
OK, here is a good place to complain about the TSX. I decided to start the thread because there are a few things I really do NOT like about the car. Just call me a "glass half empty" guy.
1) Ugly / plain looking.

2) Nav screen gets too much glare (should have hood like BMW).

3) Materials feel cheap.

4) Poor Nav system (slow, akward buttons, no BT integration).

5) BT system doesn't use same buttons as other systems.

6) BT doesn't allow access to phone addressbook.

7) Ipod integration sucks.

8) No pen holder.

GOOD: TSX is the most tech for the dollar on the market. BAD: It doesn't do ANYTHING well. Wouldn't buy TSX or Acura again.

9) No ventilated seats.

10) No free maintenance ala BMW!!!

11) High beams aren't HID.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:52 PM
TEMPLE OWLS Don't Sleep

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
You must have been on crack. Neither of those cars has even close to a decent stereo as standard equipment. Sure you could "upgrade," but that's more money spent, which you don't have to do on the TSX.
I agree but atleast they offer the upgrade...

I'm not trying to bash Acura/Honda here...
Old 02-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HollywoodTSX
1) Ugly / plain looking.

3) Materials feel cheap.

8) No pen holder.

GOOD: TSX is the most tech for the dollar on the market. BAD: It doesn't do ANYTHING well. Wouldn't buy TSX or Acura again.

9) No ventilated seats.

So why did you get it in the first place? I don't understand people like you who buy a car and then just bitch and whine about how much you hate it.

And btw, there is a pen holder. It's on the underside of the top compartment of the armrest storage area along with a couple of card holders.

Anything else you'd like to whine about while you're here?
Old 02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

So why did you get it in the first place?
I believe his stated reason was the ipod integration. Sounds like all he wanted was a $30k mobile ipod on wheels.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:09 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by waTSX
This is incorrect. The A/C helps to dehumidify the air, hence the defogging. When you put the defrost on the A/C is on as well.

Leaving the recirculate off is the big one. I only use this in the summer with the A/C on. It helps to cool the car quicker when it's not drawing warm air in from the outside.
dude!!! I know that!! whenever defrost is on A/C should be on but I was just talking about general Heat part!!~ A/C shouldn't be on when heat is on! My arguement was on post before mine. Go read his post because he was saying that A/C is always on when heat is on but Its not!~
Old 02-16-2006, 04:13 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
1) Ugly / plain looking.

3) Materials feel cheap.

8) No pen holder.

9) No ventilated seats.

You should do hate your car so much!!~ why do you want HID's on your high beams?? how offen are you going to use high beams?? Who else offer high beams with HID's. You are talking about pen holder??? wtf is this!~ this is car we are talkin about! you know that right? this isn't freaking office!~ go return your car!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
1) Ugly / plain looking.

3) Materials feel cheap.

8) No pen holder.

9) No ventilated seats.

:lol: @ bad nav...the nav is one of the best on the market, magazine after magazine after magazine praises the nav in the TSX.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Undercover Slacker

1) Ugly / plain looking.

3) Materials feel cheap.

8) No pen holder.

9) No ventilated seats.

sounds like someone at the acura dealership had your wife hostage when you went car shopping. if you dont like it so much, trade it in and get something else, you'll probably lose some money but at least you're happy.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by dalieu
sounds like someone at the acura dealership had your wife hostage when you went car shopping. if you dont like it so much, trade it in and get something else, you'll probably lose some money but at least you're happy.
I have a feeling he won't be happy with anything he gets...
Old 02-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

hahaha I love these occasional trolls that just pop up and went away leaving the no00bs smoking :silvermad
Old 02-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
pen holder?...
Old 02-16-2006, 05:37 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
1) Ugly / plain looking.

3) Materials feel cheap.

8) No pen holder.

9) No ventilated seats.

Why didn't you just buy a BMW?
Old 02-16-2006, 05:38 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
pen holder?...
The funny thing is, as stupid as it is to complain about a car having a pen holder...the TSX actually does have one
Old 02-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
The funny thing is, as stupid as it is to complain about a car having a pen holder...the TSX actually does have one
see my post
Old 02-16-2006, 05:42 PM

Why are we still on this pen holder!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:45 PM
My Garage

Who actually reads anything but the last post
Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Ford Sales Consultant

Hmm...

Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95
Weak audio system? What has a better factory audio system in the sub 30k range?

Here's a few:

Mustang's Shaker 500/1000
Escape's Audiophile upgrade

The Volvos I have seen haven't been too good with their audio...I wish they could make their stereos/speakers as prevalent as their airbags.

These thread topics always degrade into nit-picking. Some of these are just hilarious to read...

Nav screen gets too much glare
-get polarized sunglasses and wear them at night too...

No pen holder
-BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! You can get it in '07...it's a $135 option, and it will be in a hidden compartment that is available when you say "Pen Please" to the nav system...

Ugly / plain looking.
-Get a Focus then...lmao...
-please note: I wasn't serious...lmao

The foggy windows thing...
-I can't understand why this is an issue. Go to a paintball field and buy a case of the goggle wipes and smear it all over your windows. Every car I have ever been in fogs up at some point...

i wish the steering wheel was thicker.
-Hmm...this could be a good one...I wish it was heavier too...and removeable...so I could club someone with it.

Not enough horsepower...
-For a four-banger, it seems to hold its own against a lot of five (:cough: Volvo :cough) and six cylinders. Most peeps drive slow as hell anyways...the TSX should be adequate.

Here is my gripe about the TSX...
...<crickets chirping>

Diggs
Old 02-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Gawdammit just give it a steering wheel so thick you cant even see around it, and a dealership maintenence program that pays YOU to get the car serviced there. Then make it look like a BMW and call it a day.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by afici0nad0
pen holder?...
No shit.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Brandon24pdx
Gawdammit just give it a steering wheel so thick you cant even see around it, and a dealership maintenence program that pays YOU to get the car serviced there. Then make it look like a BMW and call it a day.
:lol:
Old 02-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Advanced

What happened to the thread starter? He needs to elaborate on this road noise stuff...
It's not like I have some device to measure decibels in the car, it just seems to be noisy on asphalt thruways, and yes, the tires contribute to the noise. It could be that the tires are the problem, in fact . . . but they are the original equipment and I have less than 3,000 miles on the vehicle.

On blacktop, the car makes very little noise, smooth as silk . . . .
Old 02-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Racer

It's not like I have some device to measure decibels in the car, it just seems to be noisy on asphalt thruways, and yes, the tires contribute to the noise. It could be that the tires are the problem, in fact . . . but they are the original equipment and I have less than 3,000 miles on the vehicle.

On blacktop, the car makes very little noise, smooth as silk . . . .
What are you comparing it too? If your comparing it with a 5 series or an ES300 or something then I could see what you mean. It comes down to what you're used to I think which is why I'm probing the question. Basically I'm gonna spend 20k on a car sometime between now and the end of the year. When I do it I want it to be on a car that I will be happy with. So I ask a lot of questions, not trying to be annoying just trying to see where you're coming from on your analysis.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
CGP Ebony

4. The fastest, variable windshield wiper setting is the same as the slow windshield wiper setting.

Hmmm, Acutally, the fastest variable wiper speed is not the same as the slow speed.

ON the fastest variable speed, It adjusts to the cars speed, as during cruising it turns on normally but when the car comes to a stop, the speed of the wipers becomes intermittent and wipes the windshield every 2 to 3 seconds.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Instructor

There is a surprising noise difference in the TSX between a normal road surface and some type of ridged road pattern. Not that the louder road noise is super loud but it seems that loud compared to the normal road noise.

I don't use the normal wiper speed setting anymore. I just use the fastest intermittent setting because the change is wiping frequency when stopped is so nice.

The two things that I really don't like is that the doors don't lock automatically when the car is moving and that the passenger side window control on the driver's door isn't a single press one to roll it up.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Advanced

What are you comparing it too?
LOL, the answer to that is "cars I have ridden in." Sorry I can't be more specific. After reading every post here, I suspect the stock tires have something to do with it, will have to live with it. No big deal, I just turn up the volume.

BTW, if you are considering buying a TSX, I give it five stars. Any complaints I have are minor, maybe trivial is a better word.

For the money, I think the TSX is far and away the best car in its class. I often wonder if those guys driving Beamers or Lexuses (Lexi?) don't have second thoughts when they see a TSX, like, "Jeez, I coulda saved alota dough and had as good a car, or maybe a better car, if I went with Acura."

If they don't have those thoughts, they should.

Not that anyone asked, but if you want to hide a C note somewhere in the car, under the thin rubber mat in one of the central compartments comes up, and you can fold it in half and stash it there. I always keep some money in my car, just in case, and that's as good a place as any.

And . . . to the guy who wants a pen holder: Stick it behind your ear.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by xenonhid
Hmmm, Acutally, the fastest variable wiper speed is not the same as the slow speed.

ON the fastest variable speed, It adjusts to the cars speed, as during cruising it turns on normally but when the car comes to a stop, the speed of the wipers becomes intermittent and wipes the windshield every 2 to 3 seconds.

I didn't know that, thanks. Pretty slick.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i luv everything about the car BUTTTTTTTTT.....I made a wrong decision on the transmission. I test drove MT but got 5AT. If I can only turn back the time.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Banned

pen holder....

my pen hiolder:

got 2 of them
Old 02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Instructor

I don't own one,but I am getting one soon.I would say,everything is sweet in the car.If the horse power and torque would be a bit more,that would be the perfect car.
However,in the city driving and highway driving,the engine power should be well enough.But I used to live in the interior of BC.Where I need to cross coquihalla highway every time I need to get to the lower mainland.The coquihalla highway is such a place that we call it"torque talks". Being a highway built in the mountains,the altitude can change very often,sometimes the height of the hill you need to run up to is unbelievable.I still remember that there's one part of the coquihalla highway has a notice board there:"Warning,vehicles are incapable of 60km/h on the plain road can not go any further". Once I was driving a 05 corolla with AC on,just by myself,passing that part of the highway,I floored all the way,however,the speed won't go over 90km/h..... When I was complaning about the engine power of the corolla,I saw those SUVs,like Explorer,Navigator,pickups like F-150,go like crazy all the way up to the top,the speed was over 140km/h..... I wished I could have a pick-up at that time,lol.
But on the second thought,I won't take the TSX out onto the coquihalla highway now,I will rent a car and floor it.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by exexexex
I don't own one,but I am getting one soon.I would say,everything is sweet in the car.If the horse power and torque would be a bit more,that would be the perfect car.
However,in the city driving and highway driving,the engine power should be well enough.But I used to live in the interior of BC.Where I need to cross coquihalla highway every time I need to get to the lower mainland.The coquihalla highway is such a place that we call it"torque talks". Being a highway built in the mountains,the altitude can change very often,sometimes the height of the hill you need to run up to is unbelievable.I still remember that there's one part of the coquihalla highway has a notice board there:"Warning,vehicles are incapable of 60km/h on the plain road can not go any further". Once I was driving a 05 corolla with AC on,just by myself,passing that part of the highway,I floored all the way,however,the speed won't go over 90km/h..... When I was complaning about the engine power of the corolla,I saw those SUVs,like Explorer,Navigator,pickups like F-150,go like crazy all the way up to the top,the speed was over 140km/h..... I wished I could have a pick-up at that time,lol.
But on the second thought,I won't take the TSX out onto the coquihalla highway now,I will rent a car and floor it.
Torque is great for stuff like that, my TA turns 2000 rpm at 85mph...at 70 (about what I drive going to the lake) its turning about 1700 and I dont have to downshift at all despite some impressive hills...torque has its advantages...I have 340lb/ft worth available at 1400 rpm

I bet your TSX would be fine on the hilly highways of canada you'll just have to drop her down a gear
Old 02-16-2006, 11:35 PM
2006 CGP/Ebony w/ spoiler

These threads do get pretty nitpicky, but I like it. It reassures me that if all I have to worry about is not having a pen holder and reaching to the left to open the sunroof, I chose the right car.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:25 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tcwatkins
The two things that I really don't like is that the doors don't lock automatically when the car is moving
I HATE cars that lock the doors on me!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Re: the thin steering wheel. I got myself a nice WHEELSKINS steering wheel cover. Now it is thicker, and it will protect the wheel from wear and tear. And it comes in many colours too.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by huckleberry
my pen hiolder:

got 2 of them
nice...

here's mine:
Old 02-17-2006, 01:41 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

1) Ugly / plain looking.

3) Materials feel cheap.

9) No ventilated seats.

1) Are you on crack? Plain is a Ford Tarus or an Accord.

3) Compared to what -- a $40k+ car?

9) Like that's a common feature -- especially on a sub $30k car.

10) Do you really believe it's free? LOL It's more like prepaid maintenance that you're paying for at the time of the sale!

11) How often do you really need high beams with HID lows?

Quick Reply: What DON'T You Like About the TSX?