Tsx Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
The extra b is for byobb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beoshingus
I heard a story about a friend of a friend whose car radio was stolen not once, but twice in six months (this was probably 10-15 years ago or so.) The thieves would remove the side panel and reach back behind the radio to pop it out the front of the dash. When he replaced the radio after the second break in, he soldered fish hooks on the back of it, with the hooks pointed up.

I kid you not, one day he went out to his car after having been parked at the mall and found a guy in his right floorboard crying, with his hands stuck back under the dash and blood streaming down his arms. The cops were pretty amused when they showed up.
If you do this today you will get sued big time. Plus it's illegal. Funny story though.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gsclifton
What we need is a designated Trunk Monkey.

I love the Trunk Monkey security system!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by phirenze
If you do this today you will get sued big time. Plus it's illegal. Funny story though.
Uh... how do you figure?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Banned

you a lawyer or what ?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Still Lovin my 06

i'll ask my buddy about this.....i'm pretty sure you can't get sued for this though. but, similar things have happened, like the classic case of the burgler who fell through the skylight and sued the manufacturer of the skylight. strange things happen in law.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:22 AM
ABP TSX

Originally Posted by bradykp
strange things happen in law.
^^^
Yeah that.

I would be quite conflicted if I encountered a thief working on my TSX. I hold a valid TX CHL and the law is somewhat "vague" on one side, and then somewhat clear on the other side regarding your property. Lawyer and attorney types love this crap. In other words it can be a literal pandora's box if you take action. There are quite different laws on your person and your homestead.

However, given these thefts were in an apartment complex, I definitely would not have shot, mutilated, or otherwise killed one of the thieves. Do not get me wrong, I would love to get medieval on their ass. In Texas that is just begging for a civil suit. I do not agree with it, but living out a few years behind bars is not worth it. You can take my HID's. On the flip side, enter my house and you are getting shot. Enter my garage, and you might get shot and "moved" into the house. Hello CSI

I carry a G30 in my glove box 99% of the time. You do have the right to defend your property, and I would assume that applies is most states, not just Texas. However, my advice would be to have deep pockets for the litigation after the fact. Those spur of the moment and heat of the moment reactions are the ones that end of costing the most in the long run.

The law is strange. I would suggest you obtain and keep good insurance coverage.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Suzuka Master

^^^
Yeah that.

I would be quite conflicted if I encountered a thief working on my TSX. I hold a valid TX CHL and the law is somewhat "vague" on one side, and then somewhat clear on the other side regarding your property. Lawyer and attorney types love this crap. In other words it can be a literal pandora's box if you take action. There are quite different laws on your person and your homestead.

However, given these thefts were in an apartment complex, I definitely would not have shot, mutilated, or otherwise killed one of the thieves. Do not get me wrong, I would love to get medieval on their ass. In Texas that is just begging for a civil suit. I do not agree with it, but living out a few years behind bars is not worth it. You can take my HID's. On the flip side, enter my house and you are getting shot. Enter my garage, and you might get shot and "moved" into the house. Hello CSI

I carry a G30 in my glove box 99% of the time. You do have the right to defend your property, and I would assume that applies is most states, not just Texas. However, my advice would be to have deep pockets for the litigation after the fact. Those spur of the moment and heat of the moment reactions are the ones that end of costing the most in the long run.

The law is strange. I would suggest you obtain and keep good insurance coverage.

I'll publically state this as well... If you pass through the boundaries of my house, I shoot for the chest and whatever my hand-canon hits, it takes off. Be warned, I'm deadly at 300 yards as well; iron sights.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Still Lovin my 06

^^^
Yeah that.

i've been told by lawyer friends that proving self defense is almost impossible, short of witnesses. you shoot someone in almost any state, even with lax gun laws, and you're gonna get screwed because most states would consider shooting "excessive force" i believe you're allowed to use reasonable force

it's too vague really to win self defense in many cases. unless, like you said...you have deep pockets.

but if you bury him deep enough.......
Old 01-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Suzuka Master

i've been told by lawyer friends that proving self defense is almost impossible, short of witnesses. you shoot someone in almost any state, even with lax gun laws, and you're gonna get screwed because most states would consider shooting "excessive force" i believe you're allowed to use reasonable force

it's too vague really to win self defense in many cases. unless, like you said...you have deep pockets.

but if you bury him deep enough.......
I'm not gonna ask if someone is going to use deadly force. If you're in my house uninvited, I'll be the first to let you know you made a mistake... without hesitation.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Only Acuras Since '93

Ahh, the ol' soldered fishhooks story. I've been carrying that one around in my head for about twenty years myself.

When I heard it ended with the guy finding his car window broken, but his radio in place, and blood on the carpet beneath it. I like your ending better.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

If I catch the guy who did this me I'd hold his ass and eBay his body parts and upgrade myself to a RL
Old 01-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What we need is a designated Trunk Monkey.

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/44/51/

Old 01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
ABP TSX

That double take at the very end always has me rolling for some reason.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Still Lovin my 06

That double take at the very end always has me rolling for some reason.

how many times have i watched this, and it's still hilarious!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by moda_way

I'll publically state this as well... If you pass through the boundaries of my house, I shoot for the chest and whatever my hand-canon hits, it takes off. Be warned, I'm deadly at 300 yards as well; iron sights.
If a thief tries to come into my house I will beat them down with my OEM swaybar

...And I've always liked the trunk monkey commercials. I really like when the Trunk Monkey is disposing of the body
Old 01-13-2006, 02:06 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx536
If a thief tries to come into my house I will beat them down with my OEM swaybar

...And I've always liked the trunk monkey commercials. I really like when the Trunk Monkey is disposing of the body
The OEM swaybar would probably be in more pain than the thief
Old 01-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Tsx536
You would probably do more damage to the OEM sway bar... that thin POS.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Could you explain why this is illegal?
Old 01-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Overlord

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Could you explain why this is illegal?
All I mentioned was setting a human mousetrap, and suddenly everybody is talking about shooting to kill and to defend yourself in court. LOL.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
All I mentioned was setting a human mousetrap, and suddenly everybody is talking about shooting to kill and to defend yourself in court. LOL.

that's what happens when you tickle guys ball sacks
Old 01-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by huckleberry
that's what happens when you tickle guys ball sacks

I never knew that.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Did you all see the trunkplumpy on that site???

Old 01-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by moda_way
Did you all see the trunkplumpy on that site???

Need shades for this. Guess she's never heard of Mystic Tan.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 747 Likes on 449 Posts
For those who do not have or do not want to create a Kodak account.

What kind of monster would do such a thing. This is worse than some stuff I've seen on rotten.com.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Intermediate

That eBay guy sells almost as many pairs of yoga pants as headlights. A weird combination for sure.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:40 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

This reminds me that when picked up my car last week, the dealer told me that someone stole tires from 3 cars on the lot the night before. They knew where to find the wheel lock to remove the tires. Of course their insurance would cover the loss.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by yukit
This reminds me that when picked up my car last week, the dealer told me that someone stole tires from 3 cars on the lot the night before. They knew where to find the wheel lock to remove the tires. Of course their insurance would cover the loss.

tires? i hope you meant wheels. who the feck would go through all that trouble to take these stock tires. lol.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:18 AM
9th Gear

it's horrible, and the alarm system didn't work? should we install a aftermarket alarm.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:40 AM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

tires? i hope you meant wheels. who the feck would go through all that trouble to take these stock tires. lol.
Yeah, I meant wheels Apparently, the thieves knew exactly what they were doing to get into the car to find the wheel locks.

They also knew not to touch the cars with upgraded alarm with the shock sensor.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:42 PM
TSX Addict

Originally Posted by CRacing
it's horrible, and the alarm system didn't work? should we install a aftermarket alarm.
I just got my aftermarket alarm installed today on my 2004. Just the remote start alone is a good excuse to get one.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
wow man just saw this thread. sorry to see that happen to you and your roommates cars. This is why I wont take my TSX to school. if this is what happens to a stock tsx I can only imagine what they would do to a modified one. hope insurance covers everything and that they caputure those bastards.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by xjdmb16a2six
damn that sucks. the TSX headlights are popular to retrofitter. the TSX projector alone can be sold for 200 bucks and ballast and bulbs another 200. i heard maxima owners had problem with headlight theif too.
the projector's are only worth about $75 each, that's how much an entire headlight sells for, so lower than what you stated. the main parts are the ballast and bulb, the projector's seem to be a dime a dozen on ebay.

maxima owners had problems b/c thieves could remove the headlights without any problems. this job was more involved, breaking in, popping the hood, removing the grill and bumper and unscrewing everything.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Belzebutt
What kind of monster would do such a thing. This is worse than some stuff I've seen on rotten.com.
I was thinking the same exact thing!

Man! I wonder if having the kenstyle front end on with the grill connected to my bumper could prevent this? It would probably just cost more for me to fix the entire fron bumper.

So does anyone know what they do with them once they steal them? Ebay? Teggy's? Where do they go with all these head llights?
Old 01-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe they ship them to Oregon...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...30348032QQrdZ1

Or maybe NY???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-AC...30691867QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-AC...30695536QQrdZ1

More NY...and this dude is selling them for a measley $10
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW

Or Texas
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TSX-P...spagenameZWDVW

Holly fukn $hit batman! There is about 4 gazillion lights on ebay. And they are selling for as low as $10 ea. Whay would they do so much freakin damage to such a nice car when they can get tham for like $50 a pair on ebay? Man this sucks!

Do a search for "TSX Headlight"
Old 01-17-2006, 08:34 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Sucks to see this happen. I remember the TL/CLs had this problem earlier, and knew it was only a matter of time before we would have this problem. Be careful where you park boys and girls

I have the Clifford Matrix installed.....never got around to installing a backup battery though. Maybe I should.

TSX536, do you have the part number to the backup battery and piezo alarm? thanks.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:36 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CJams
Holly fukn $hit batman! There is about 4 gazillion lights on ebay. And they are selling for as low as $10 ea. Whay would they do so much freakin damage to such a nice car when they can get tham for like $50 a pair on ebay? Man this sucks!
um $10 ebay headlight = stolen headlight.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Yui
Pro

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80078

Unfortunately the photos are no longer working in this thread but it gives you an idea of why people are after the TSX projectors...
Old 01-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Damn, that's suck! I am so sorry to see this cars.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,555 Posts
Originally Posted by Yui

Unfortunately the photos are no longer working in this thread but it gives you an idea of why people are after the TSX projectors...
There were some working pics on another page

Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Yui

Question: Is TSX projector better than G35s ?

Quick Reply: Tsx Thieves