TSX Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003 | 12:59 PM
Instructor

TSX Sightings

I've seen this mentioned here and there, but there's been no topic devoted to it.

How often do you see other TSXs? What colors are you seeing most often? Have you noticed more on the road recently than, say, a few weeks ago?

I live in the Boston area, commute 70 miles round trip each day, and *still* haven't seen another TSX on the road, at the mall, in the parking lot at work, and so on.

What are other people seeing? Or not seeing?

Mike
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:25 PM
Racer

i live in los angeles, ca so its prolly more prominent than other places. so far, i've seen about 10 on the city/highway. don't see two a day tho...
Old 07-28-2003 | 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

It's been four weeks since I last saw a TSX.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and in the past month I have seen only two TSX's on the streets other than at dealerships:

A black one was parked in downtown Redwood City by an outdoor cafe.

A meteor silver that zipped by at an intersection at Woodside Road, also in Redwood City. I caught only a fleeting glimpse of the car's rear before it disappeared into snarly commuter traffic, but it was definately a TSX.

Last Friday I had a "false alarm" sighting. It was getting dark out, and I had just started to make a left on a green light when this grey car on the left comes to a stop on its red light. I momentarily got excited because I initially thought it was a TSX. It was grey (my on-order color), but the headlight clusters were different. I think it might have been a Mazda or something.
Old 07-28-2003 | 02:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Brad
....I think it might have been a Mazda or something.
Probably a 6.

I haven't seen another TSX since the day I went to the dealer to pick up mine. And I only saw one before that (both were SSM) It's kinda strange. I know there's people around here who have them, and every time I'm at the dealer there's different TSXes so they must be selling well (plus there's 7-8 other dealers in the area). I don't know why I haven't seen more. Maybe I'm unlucky...
Old 07-28-2003 | 02:26 PM
Racer

I've only seen one other TSX since June and it was from another state. I might be different but I'm kind of enjoying the exclusiveness. But I won't be alone for long...
Old 07-28-2003 | 02:45 PM
The Young One

Im located in NY, and so far i've only seen 2 other TSX's. SSM non-navi (I like to look for these things)
Old 07-28-2003 | 08:41 PM
Intermediate

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area also and I've only seen one TSX (meteor silver) near the mall. If I werent driving one myself, I'd say that that was one nice looking car driving by...
Old 07-28-2003 | 08:55 PM
Racer

I live in San Antonio, and have yet to see another on the road. I know there's at least one more here 'cause I saw a post from SA. Maybe that's why they are discounting them here.
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:59 PM
Stuck in Purgatory

I live near Pittsburgh, and I personally haven't seen any on the road yet. However, someone I know from work says she's seen a black one. I know they must be out there, the dealer keeps selling them left and right.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:10 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

I live in the San Jose Bay Area (You SF people call it what you like, we have more people) and have seen three since June, not including my own. Two on local freeways and one at a gas station about two blocks from my house. One was Artic Blue, the other two were gray if memory serves me. It's nice having a rare car, at least while it lasts.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:21 PM
7th Gear

Here in Toronto, I'm seeing 5+ per week. And I don't even drive all THAT much.... (it might also be the places I go though)... I saw one identical to mine (white with fogs) yesterday... but with the number of TSX's on the street growing everyday, it probably won't be long before Toronto's full of TSX's!!

Glad to say tho, I've had many stares already... some guy in the backseat of a PT Cruiser went as far as gluing his face to the window to get a better look at my car.. then got the passenger in the other side of the backseat to stretch over and see my car...

I've even had a man in his late 50's walk up onto my gf's driveway to ask what this car was... he thought it looked amazing, and asked for all the details

All this, and I've only had my TSX for 3 days
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:25 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Ozzman
I live in the San Jose Bay Area (You SF people call it what you like, we have more people) and have seen three since June, not including my own. Two on local freeways and one at a gas station about two blocks from my house. One was Artic Blue, the other two were gray if memory serves me. It's nice having a rare car, at least while it lasts.
It may be the "San Jose Metro Area" according to some kook at the census, but the bay is named the 'San Francisco Bay' which cannot be changed, so it will never be the San Jose Bay Area.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:47 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

Originally posted by calbear2k1
It may be the "San Jose Metro Area" according to some kook at the census, but the bay is named the 'San Francisco Bay' which cannot be changed, so it will never be the San Jose Bay Area.
You are right, but the name of the bay was decided long before San Jose became a more populated city. Also, San Jose is not right on the bay either, just near it. I guess I just have trouble saying SF Bay Area when San Jose has its own very distinct identity. Don't get me wrong, SF is a beautiful city. I just feel San Jose with it's size and contrast to SF deserves a little more credit than it gets. "San Jose Metro Area" does sound kind of lame though.

Apologies to everyone else for being so off topic.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:49 PM
Instructor

I've seen three in Seattle since April (not including the dealership): 1 ABP/Ebony, 1 Silver/Ebony, and 1 Black/Ebony.
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:21 AM
n00b

Before I bought the TSX, I saw 3 SSM and 1 NBP TSX. After I bought the TSX, I saw 1 MSM TSX. I haven't seen any since then.
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by calbear2k1
Agreed. The [I]Census Bureau[I] classifies regions according to city size. The Census Bureau is calling it the San Jose-San Fransciso-Oakland area.

Outside the narrow governmental census reference, San Francisco Bay is still that. The Greater San Francisco Bay Area is still called that and includes the nine or so counties, including the traditional Armpit of the Bay, where it's hotter and more-so engulfed (trapped) in smog than other areas.

To be on-topic, even though Acuras are very popular here, the TSX remains an uncommon site for me, with only two sitings in the past month.
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:56 AM
Advanced

I like being uncommon (that's why I got the MSM w/spoiler). In the 2 weeks I've had mine, I've seen one of each color on the road, except red. So that makes 5 sightings between San Gabriel Valley and downtown LA.
Old 07-29-2003 | 01:42 AM
Pinky all stinky

Not lying

This past Sunday, I was driving to work and I saw a white TSX. No Canadian license plate, either, it was a NJ license plate. It looked incredible.
Old 07-29-2003 | 02:23 AM
Racer

Ive only seen about 5, even though i live in LA. Weird... i expected much more.
Old 07-29-2003 | 06:46 AM
Über Geek

I saw two before I got mine two weeks ago; one white, one silver.

Then I saw a black one in my neighborhood yesterday. I did the biker honk/thumbs-up thing. Not sure if the guy got it.

Anybody else get a little excited when you see other TSXes?
Old 07-29-2003 | 07:10 AM
wiz
Pro

I'll see a TSX about once a week around Atlanta it seems.

My g/f saw 2 of them in one day last week. Milano Red and Nighthawk Black Pearl.
Old 07-29-2003 | 07:15 AM
Instructor

I live in the Chicago area and have seen 4 on the road since April when I got mine.

Last week I was vacationing around Denver and saw 3 of them in 3 days.
Old 07-29-2003 | 07:56 AM
1st Gear

tsx spottings

This is my first time on the sight. I am surprised of so few sightings across teh USA.
Guess Texas must be an Acura state as they are all over big D ladies and gentlemen. I recommend yall come down and enjoy the views!!
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:48 PM
Intermediate

I have yet to see one in the St. Louis area. I'm hoping to change that when mine arrives at the end of August.!!!
Old 07-29-2003 | 05:57 PM
Intermediate

I have seen one in Vancouver and one in Milpitas, CA (meteor silver). I always catch myself staring at them until I realize, oh yeah, i own one of those, cool!
Old 07-29-2003 | 06:08 PM
Intermediate

Bear Trap--

Yep, I am here in San Antonio and haven't seen you either. I have Oklahoma plates and other details in my signature.

I have yet to see a TSX on the road, other than mine. They must all be up in Dallas.
Old 07-29-2003 | 06:32 PM
Burning Brakes

So far I think I have seen 4. Two on Long Island, NY. One in Boca Raton, FL. And One in Daytona Beach, FL.
Old 07-29-2003 | 06:58 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

I just noticed this morning that there's an Arctic Blue AT, just like the one I just bought (except it has a bra), parked in the lot at my workplace! Nuts! I was hoping to be the first.

Oh well, this is the second "real-world" TSX I've seen so far.
Old 07-30-2003 | 05:33 AM
Inspired

I've seen at least 4 in the past week. 2 Blue Arctics, 1 White Pearl and 1 Nighthawk Black. The Nighthawk black was "racing" with an RSX-S on I-5 on the twisty parts north of Grants Pass and south of Roseburg (where the recommended speed is 45), they were both doing at least 90 (I was going 75/80 in my TL).
Old 07-30-2003 | 07:44 PM
Cruisin'

The only one I've spotted in the two weeks I've had mine is a MSM in Woodstock, NY where I was traveling for the day. In my New Jersey hometown area, nothing spotted yet. It still seems to be a rare find. The dealers around here don't seem to get too many TSX's in.
Old 07-30-2003 | 07:58 PM
Masshole

It's been over a month and today I saw two TSX's. So, if anyone was in Milford Mass at a Wendy's drive thru, I was there. (Not in my car) They were driving a silver TSX that appeared to be a courtesy loaner from Clair Acura. (it had writing on the rear window)

I also saw another guy merging onto 495 this evening in a silver TSX. This was around 5:45PM and who ever you were, you waved at me (it least it seemed like you did) and I waved back. I was in the carbon gray TSX in front of you.

Anyway, I thought I'd never see another TSX, it's been so damn long and today I saw two of them.
Old 07-30-2003 | 09:00 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by PaulJ7460
The only one I've spotted in the two weeks I've had mine is a MSM in Woodstock, NY where I was traveling for the day. In my New Jersey hometown area, nothing spotted yet. It still seems to be a rare find. The dealers around here don't seem to get too many TSX's in.
Here in southern NJ I've seen 2, plus one in Philly, one in the Poconos, and one back in NC. 3 of the sightings were within the past week - I guess I'm on a roll.
Old 08-01-2003 | 10:11 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by GRAYTSX
I live in the Chicago area and have seen 4 on the road since April when I got mine.

Last week I was vacationing around Denver and saw 3 of them in 3 days.
I saw 2 more tonight: a NBP on Irving Park in Streamwood and a CG on Barrington Rd in Hoffman Estates.
Old 08-01-2003 | 11:13 PM
Cruisin'

Waiting, waiting, waiting

I placed the order for my TSX a few weeks ago, Silver on Ebony w/Nav. I live in the heart of Steeler country, and have only seen one Blue TSX outside the dealer. I'm DYING over here. DYING to get this car. I'm turning in my lease early of a 00 Maxima SE to BUY this sucker.

I was fine to wait a few more months for the lease to end, but the styling is so reminiscent of the old Alpha Romeo 164 I had to go for it. The TSX looks like what Pininfarina would have designed for Alpha if the 164 stuck around in the US (Subtracting the terrible reliability). Yes, I'm Italian, but no, I do not own an IROC T-Top!

Speed Demon, hope to join you soon cruising the streets of Pittsburgh, dodging orange barrels.

I'm more than happy to accept any advice/comments before I take delivery.
Old 08-01-2003 | 11:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting

I saw a black TSX today at noon. I was exiting my employer's parking garage and stopped for some cross traffic. Low and behold from my left to my right a black TSX whizzed by. It was a positive identification (unlike last week when in the twilight darkness, I momentarily mistook a Mazda 6 for a TSX). I almost felt like following the TSX, but I had more important things to tend to.

The car had its plates on, so it's been registered for probably 6 weeks or more. (In California, there's a delay between purchasing a new car and receiving the metal plates. I think it's 4-6 weeks.)
Old 08-02-2003 | 12:34 AM
Racer

I've seen a total of 3 tsx's. MSM, SSM, and White.
Old 08-02-2003 | 01:27 AM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

I see about a TSX a day. Here and there, usually in white, IBP, and silver.... but ive had a few run ins with red and black. Some days i run into 3 or 4..... I guess the news is spreading here in Canada.

Acutually, it doesnt surprise me considering the type of car canadians go for. Unlike our american neighbours, generally, we go for much smaller, compact sedans - the honda civic is canada's best selling car for a few years now. Since Acura's are so common here (I feel like I see enough TLs here to last a lifetime) and now people have a choice of a smaller yet upscale Honda product, they are not going to wait to get their hands on it. The 1.7EL sells incredibly well... im sure some of the consumers ready to step up from the EL level but arent ready for a TL sized car are loving their TSXs.

J
Old 08-02-2003 | 02:18 AM
Instructor

Man it looks like Blue (Arctic here in the US, Indigo in Canada) TSX's are pretty rare. That's fine with me.
Old 08-02-2003 | 09:55 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting

The car had its plates on, so it's been registered for probably 6 weeks or more. (In California, there's a delay between purchasing a new car and receiving the metal plates. I think it's 4-6 weeks.)
Check out the big brain on brad!!
Old 08-02-2003 | 02:35 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting

would those plates happen to be "3421"?

Quick Reply: TSX Sightings